Mannys been in charge of defense for 6 years. Whats our identity?

Advertisement
Havoc in the backfield that is the identity. He thinks if he gets the offense behind the chains it ruins drives. Offenses are too good now to stop, so the perceived method is to have drive stopping TFL early in downs to get them behind the chains.

I told y'all Blake Baker was a pawn....he didn't hire a d cord will be the death of Manny. Fuqem and his pride....he's done at UM soon boys.
Did you catch what UCLA did to LSU’s D/linebackers?..did you see Bama run for that many yards? Did you see APP state held at 3.3 ypc??..this whole thread is ridiculous RN..after 2 games In which defense was not the issue..we weren’t beating Bama 20-17..we were gonna have to score..the offense left points on the field vs app state..the defense to this point is not the issue at all..this is a pile on thread at this point lol

TFL's brooooo!!!
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Did you catch what UCLA did to LSU’s D/linebackers?..did you see Bama run for that many yards? Did you see APP state held at 3.3 ypc??..this whole thread is ridiculous RN..after 2 games In which defense was not the issue..we weren’t beating Bama 20-17..we were gonna have to score..the offense left points on the field vs app state..the defense to this point is not the issue at all..this is a pile on thread at this point lol
This thread didn't say it was our most pressing issue. It asked a simple question, which you obviously don't know the answer too either.

Advertisement
It’s built to create chaos but doesn’t seem to have evolved so the good programs prepare for it and gameplan against it. UNC last year legitimately stuck it up our *** and we made zero adjustments. I’ve said it 100 times that game showed we had zero discipline. Phillips and Roche continued to run straight up field for sacks when they ran every play. It was so bad.

This thread didn't say it was our most pressing issue. It asked a simple question, which you obviously don't know the answer too either.
The identity seems to be create negative plays, take offenses out of explosive plays, play fast be physical..the same **** he’s been saying since he’s gotten here…if you look at the ranking since he’s been here we’ve been high in TFL, Creating turnover situations, creating QB pressures..now last year, we slipped in those categories. Run fits were off from the LOS..drop off in LB play (as should’ve been expected but cis promised that position would be better without 55)…the answers to the title has been known since 2016. If you watch the games it’s clear what we TRY to do defensively..the defense did not play to that standard in 2020..so far this szn the run defense has been better. There’s definitely room for improvement.

Safety Blitzes and any blitz that is as obvious as possible with soft as baby **** zone behind it. Sprinkled in with blown assignments. Pass rushers are the only reason our D has been noteworthy and we have none this year.

The answer is "I don't f#cking care." I would be delighted to see Miami winning games 55-42 consistently. Worry about the offensive identity.

Advertisement
There were some cringe plays for sure but overall the defense did their job last game. 16 points and 325 total yards is not a bad showing and at the end of the year that will be way under average for App St.

2019 Miami was ranked 2nd in sack percentage
2018 2nd
2017 7th
2020 46th (7.30%)
So far 2021 (2.6)

2020 Miami was top 10 in TFLs per game
This defense has been about creating negative situations

Advertisement
Been 100% responsibile for our defense for 6 years now and some reason everybody wanted to blame Blake baker the last 2 years for how bad it was.

Been 100% responsibile for our defense for 6 years now and some reason everybody wanted to blame Blake baker the last 2 years for how bad it was.

2018- if Miami score 28 ppg (below 50th percentile) we have an 11-2 season

2019- if Miami scores 29 ppg (below 50th percentile), we have an 11-2 season

2020- would have have had to score 38 ppg to have a 9-2 season, 38 ppg is not totally unrealistic but it is a lot to ask so I definitely put OK St and UNC mostly on the D.

2021- an FCS team (Mercer) scores more points against Bama than Miami. Defense gives up 16 points to App State.

I understand wanting to find reasons to hate Diaz, but most posters on this site have a bizarre obsession with the side of the ball that isn't Miami's main problem.

I will make an account ban bet with anyone that no team this year will hold Bama to under 30 points. Not UGA, not LSU, not Clemson, no one. So if we assume that even the most elite of the elite defenses have virtually no chance of shutting down the Bama offense, it should have been obvious that the only possible way of making it a competitive game would be to score at least 35 points.

The

Defense

Is

Not

The

Main

Problem

2018- if Miami score 28 ppg (below 50th percentile) we have an 11-2 season

2019- if Miami scores 29 ppg (below 50th percentile), we have an 11-2 season

2020- would have have had to score 38 ppg to have a 9-2 season, 38 ppg is not totally unrealistic but it is a lot to ask so I definitely put OK St and UNC mostly on the D.

2021- an FCS team (Mercer) scores more points against Bama than Miami. Defense gives up 16 points to App State.

I understand wanting to find reasons to hate Diaz, but most posters on this site have a bizarre obsession with the side of the ball that isn't Miami's main problem.

I will make an account ban bet with anyone that no team this year will hold Bama to under 30 points. Not UGA, not LSU, not Clemson, no one. So if we assume that even the most elite of the elite defenses have virtually no chance of shutting down the Bama offense, it should have been obvious that the only possible way of making it a competitive game would be to score at least 35 points.

The

Defense

Is

Not

The

Main

Problem
agreed Defense is not the main problem.. but we see a lot of similar lapses against GOOD teams on D every time we play them.. poor LB play, Safeties always leading the team in tackles, lots of missed tackles, undisciplined play.. soft zone when we should be jamming and playing man.. poorly timed and undisguised blitzes...

offense is definitely the main problem.. defense is not good enough to overcome being put in bad positions too often..

Advertisement
Back