Mannys been in charge of defense for 6 years. Whats our identity?

Advertisement
Can’t stop the run
Can’t stop pass
Can’t pass protect
Can’t run block
Can’t pass
Can’t catch
Can’t do anything involving kickoffs
Hmmm undisciplined

yeah I don’t know what to hang our hat on.
Edit: we are a punting team!

Last edited:
Can anyone answer that?
shannon-sharpe-shannon.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's basically simple. Manuel's D-identity is all about the TURNOVERS! Nothing more, nothing less. If Miami doesn't CONSISTENTLY win the turnover plus battle. Then it becomes just another defense. And that is especially true against legitimate COMPETIVE opponents. Enter mighty Michigan St.!! Yikes.

After all, Miami's successful season during Grandpa Richt's second season was due to TURNOVER'S. Among other reasons ( Richt was a proven, veteran HC. SEC anyone. ) And I believe Miami was in the nation's Top 5 +/- margin. Also, Miami had some relatively close wins, but the coup de' grace in each one of those wins was Miami's ability to win the turnover battle. Peace.

Advertisement
Over aggressive to the point where we can cover playaction. Lbs playing pass 2 yards off the ball. And when we do call the right play in being over aggressive, we can't make tackles.

Don't get me started on long developing blitzes

Advertisement
Can anyone answer that?

Its not really a question that requires an answer. At the end of 4 quarters, what matters is that Team A has scored more points than Team B. Now if Team A has a defense so good it can hold Team B to 3 points, that means it can still win with a pathetically weak offense. Conversely, if the D gives up 35 points, it's not a big deal if the offense is scoring 50. Which would you rather have: a 6-3 win or a 50-35 win? I think the latter suggests a much better overall team even though the D gave up almost 11x as many points as the team with the defense that only allowed 3. App State was a severely undersized and relatively show defense but couldn't move the ball. Both sides of the ball may have issues, but I think the fact that a FCS team scored more on Bama (in Tuscaloosa!) than Miami did on should tell you where the bigger problem is.

Advertisement
Back