Manny...

I like lots of things about Manny and his addressing obvious issues, what I perceive as a problem is not his attention to detail but his lack of leadership skills. As the HC it seems he has not been the authoritarian it takes to demand effort. He seems to lack respect from his players. I base this on his lack of discipline something every great coach is expected to possess as discipline gains respect and effort from the players. Until we see "star" players disciplined for missing meetings or being distracted Manny will fail. Manny keeps mentioning the lack of leadership within the team but that leadership starts and ends with him. Discipline minus the “ i” “n “ makes disciples, a respected leader is looked up to to guide and provide what it takes within that structure.

Our greatest Canes came from coaching that demanded respect, those coaches earned respect. Think JJ would put up with the laziness of this team? Would put up with the dancing on the sideline when we are getting embarrassed? When our more famous Hurricane Alum talk about the U it is about the extra effort they put in at Greentree to be great. Ed Reed's passion was always to be the best and that happened through hard work and extended effort.

Jerry Rice has a quote that should be what it takes to be a Hurricane.
“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't”

Irvin, Reed, Portis, Lewis...think they were great because of game day or from the extended effort they put in, the heart, the passion to be the best and the respect they had for the team. That passion was developed by leadership, be it a coach, a parent, a teammate, but primarily from the top guy, the head coach. They don't talk much about their Super Bowl experiences or winning MNC's, they talk about the extra work they put in at Greentree.

Can anyone imaging Shula, Belichick, Lombardi, putting up with the nonsense our players demonstrated this year as they folded game after game. Heads would roll. If Manny does NOT become a dedicated, sincere, authoritarian he WILL FAIL. The extra effort put in is what made the U the U. I want to see him angry instead he looks overwhelmed after our embarrassments whereas most head coaches would be demanding better. Read about our Canes that ran in combat boots on the beach, man handled truck tires after practice to get stronger and would work harder if they lost a game. That discipline knows no excuses and has to start at the top, it appears it is missing. Does anyone think the players fear being called into Manny's office, fear may be the wrong word but respect is too weak.
You guys killed Richt for disciplining guys and called Manny a "Savage" for bringing back JT4.

Advertisement
I like lots of things about Manny and his addressing obvious issues, what I perceive as a problem is not his attention to detail but his lack of leadership skills. As the HC it seems he has not been the authoritarian it takes to demand effort. He seems to lack respect from his players. I base this on his lack of discipline something every great coach is expected to possess as discipline gains respect and effort from the players. Until we see "star" players disciplined for missing meetings or being distracted Manny will fail. Manny keeps mentioning the lack of leadership within the team but that leadership starts and ends with him. Discipline minus the “ i” “n “ makes disciples, a respected leader is looked up to to guide and provide what it takes within that structure.

Our greatest Canes came from coaching that demanded respect, those coaches earned respect. Think JJ would put up with the laziness of this team? Would put up with the dancing on the sideline when we are getting embarrassed? When our more famous Hurricane Alum talk about the U it is about the extra effort they put in at Greentree to be great. Ed Reed's passion was always to be the best and that happened through hard work and extended effort.

Jerry Rice has a quote that should be what it takes to be a Hurricane.
“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't”

Irvin, Reed, Portis, Lewis...think they were great because of game day or from the extended effort they put in, the heart, the passion to be the best and the respect they had for the team. That passion was developed by leadership, be it a coach, a parent, a teammate, but primarily from the top guy, the head coach. They don't talk much about their Super Bowl experiences or winning MNC's, they talk about the extra work they put in at Greentree.

Can anyone imaging Shula, Belichick, Lombardi, putting up with the nonsense our players demonstrated this year as they folded game after game. Heads would roll. If Manny does NOT become a dedicated, sincere, authoritarian he WILL FAIL. The extra effort put in is what made the U the U. I want to see him angry instead he looks overwhelmed after our embarrassments whereas most head coaches would be demanding better. Read about our Canes that ran in combat boots on the beach, man handled truck tires after practice to get stronger and would work harder if they lost a game. That discipline knows no excuses and has to start at the top, it appears it is missing. Does anyone think the players fear being called into Manny's office, fear may be the wrong word but respect is too weak.
You believe it is more important to produce Quality than Quantity... or did I get it backwards.

Advertisement
I've always been pretty good with my hands and when I was in HS I would get straight A's in wood shop but straight B's in crafts even though the teacher would say I was the best student. The douche bag finally told me why... he said if I was faster I would have gotten A's... Mr. Weiner was a ******* **** head.
Quality I say.

The only issue he needs to address is himself get the f*ck away from the head coach position and go back to what you know best DC and let’s get a real head coach in charge

Advertisement
@fraggle you must have known Willie Taggart was bad at this point in his tenure. Why is it taking you so long here?

Can anyone imaging Shula, Belichick, Lombardi, putting up with the nonsense our players demonstrated this year as they folded game after game.
I would have had a lot more respect for Manny if he had fielded the practice squad against Duke or La Tech.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back