Manny with Joe this morning

Advertisement
I like Manny's off season game.

AGREE 100%

You gotta admit he's great....one of the best I've ever seen

A 1st ballot Hall of Famer for talking **** in the off season.....only few have promised more and delivered less

“We have to stop talking about talent. Because that’s always been the trick right? When I got here (in 2016) everybody would stand around and wanted to just talk about how talented we are. We really need to get back to how we work, how hard we play, and those type of things.”

Since I walked out of that baseball stadium in a white hot rage, I have not listened to a single press conference, sound bite, or any appearance by the HC.

I absolutely cannot stand to see him. All I want to see from him are wins. I personally am not interested in what he has to say. All I want to see are the final scores of games and the game themselves.

It’s going to take a lot of wins for me to be ever able to actually watch one of his press conferences or hear one of his soundbites again.

You and me both. I also try to remember the morons in charge however, who once again chose to go the cheap inexperienced route almost guaranteeing unnecessarily extreme growing pains with this coach.

Now I just hope that the absolute worst is out of the way and the learning curve is moving in the right direction.

UM

It was actually good to hear his voice this morning. We're all starved for info about our Canes. Hopefully, we'll be able to see them soon.
1586281597466.jpeg

Advertisement
Since The golden ERA I have not been able to listen to coaches, Asst. coaches or players talk on interviews. I think its a waste of time to hear what anyone has to say. Reason I say that is bc you heard all these good things out of practice then all of a sudden u see them play and now its all these excuses of what they didn't do at practice. In you ask yourself wait, you said practice went great this week.

I got more than my fill of Manny's interviews last year. What's he gonna say now that we haven't heard him say, predict or promise already? Talk about the changes? We had changes last year, ....New players? We had that last year too.....

His words carry the same weight to me as those from an addict or alcoholic. I'll wait till he shows me before I listen to anymore of his PR, spin and self assessment. I get enough of that daily as it is.

We want results, not someone talking about his hope or his problems of getting them....all he can tell me right now is when will the season start

Manny should be working hard now...he should be busy EVERY DAY picking the brains of the greatest coaches out there, seeking ways to improve his own coaching abilities and improve the teams' performance.......He should've already asked Jimmy Johnson if there was ANYTHING he could do ( Help around JJ's house, clean his boat etc ) to periodically pick his brain

Also, hopefully Manny ,the S&C coach, the OC and DC have sent each player a detailed package outlining what they can do while out.. to improve individually....what is expected of them (S&C and position skills that they can do while out), areas for improvement etc etc.

There is plenty of things that players can do while out to improve as athletes without utilizing our facilities......and Lord also knows that there are plenty of ways our coaches can improve themselves

Believe me, the better teams and coaches are NOT out there resting, seeking interviews or standing pat during this delay...They will not allow this delay to dull their edge......how well this team has prepared overall during the delay will definitely show whenever we are able to hit the field again.

Just know this..Covid19 will NOT be accepted as an excuse for this team or any other team for NOT performing well whenever the season resumes
not drinking the kool aid either ..... CMD a lot like Golden master of press conference and CMD is awesome in Jan
need some fall wins period or they both CMD/BJ should both be gone

Advertisement
You guys care too much about coach speak. Here’s a tip: What a coach says in a press conference or on a talk show, especially during the off season means absolutely nothing. They’re contractually obligated to speak to certain media outlets so they just spit out ten minutes of filler material every couple of weeks. It’s not like coaches call in to sports radio programs just to boost their egos. If you think you’re going to get some kind of inside scoop on the program during a Joe Rose interview, I’ve got some property you might be interested in.

Advertisement
Back