Manny will call Plays in 2021, Jess Back as DL Coach

This is no excuse.

I know way too many people ready to put their foot down.

A one-year hit on a salary is acceptable when the results will be a better winning future for the program.

This is going to be Manny and Blake James last stand. BJ will not last through this either.

Anything like seven or eight wins, even nine, next year with some bad losses, and their employment will no longer be tolerated - I can almost guarantee it.

I don’t disagree with any of the ramifications of your post. If he doesn’t get it done he’ll pay for with his job.

But I do think there are a ton of athletic departments, ours included that are in shambles right now

Advertisement
For those of you wanting Diaz fired after next year.... do you want us to turn into FSU or Tennessee where we just whiff on any and all “potential” good HC coaches until we *may* hit lightning in a bottle and hire and up and coming star?
Or should we use logic and say “hmm if we are improving each year and he shows to make some changes if needed unlike every other coach we have had for the last 20 years, then why not give the coach about the same amount of time as his terrible predecessors and see if he can make the right hire..”

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those of you wanting Diaz fired after next year.... do you want us to turn into FSU or Tennessee where we just whiff on any and all “potential” good HC coaches until we *may* hit lightning in a bottle and hire and up and coming star?
Or should we use logic and say “hmm if we are improving each year and he shows to make some changes if needed unlike every other coach we have had for the last 20 years, then why not give the coach about the same amount of time as his terrible predecessors and see if he can make the right hire..”

hes gonna get four years unless hes go 2-10. people just need to let it play out. there aren't elite coaches beating down our door to come here as much as people would like to think. **** get a class to win and if he doesn't hes gone and deservedly so. if he doesn't win 10+, hes done imo. he was never getting fired after this year.

We will not progress or regress, we are where we are for all eternity. Until we can pay for and keep the top coaches and coordinators we are stuck, and I don't ever see Miami paying out.

Can anyone elaborate on what was going on behind the scenes?

what do you think is going on? Manny is hard headed, there's nothing too secret about it that you guys don't know about. The guy believes in his system, and perhaps it CAN work with HIM calling the plays.

This is an absolute joke.

No new DC after what we saw this year. Baker and Rumph still here in a lame duck role.
we have a. new DC. Manny is essentially the DC now. stop focusing on titles and focus on what actually happened. titles are meaningless. I would've loved a new DC, but Manny as a DC is better than Blake.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

It’s obvious they didn’t want to pay bakers buyout. Keeping him here makes zero sense, unless manny struck out on all his replacements.

Advertisement
T Rob got paid pretty **** well. Simpson doesn’t exactly have teams beating down his door.

This is a pretty big year for DL in South Florida. Differing views on this site about his recruiting prowess. Could this be one of the reasons that DVD was promoted to an onfield role? So he can go out and recruit specifically South Florida?

If manny does well this year he will get an extension and likely be able to bring in a big name at defensive coordinator. I would’ve liked to get a new one this year but we cannot change it

I think this is what he is banking on. I hope it is not pure hubris.

There have been people saying he has been getting turned down. A solid year will strengthen his position and make it easier for coaches to take a chance on him.

But it's hard to imagine he couldn't find ANYBODY good. The more I think about it, it does look like hubris and loyalty to underperforming coaches.

Overall this is a very positive off season. Baker should have been let go and Rumph going to an off field recruiting role makes no sense. But this is still some positive changes and with the influx of talent we are bringing in we are on track to win 10 games a season.

Manny is setting the stage for our next coach to win championships. Obviously that's not what we want, but it's much better than the scenario we've been in in the past decade.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement
Back