Manny will call Plays in 2021, Jess Back as DL Coach

Advertisement
I mean it's pretty simple. Manny is betting on himself to fix the defense, win games, get an extension, and then go out and hire a DC that will hitch his wagon to someone that won't get fired.

Waste of staff spots.

DVD as CB AND TRob as DB? Don't need a CB coach and DVD isn't ready yet.
Blake Baker as DC AND Manny calling plays?

Waste of two spots.

Could have an elite LB coach and an elite DC to call plays.

Happy about Simpson coming back, but stroud was a better recruiter. So DL is a wash.

We upgraded Rumph and Banda to TRob/DVD.

And baker is staying, the biggest travesty of it all.

Manny couldn't get any of the guys he wanted apparently.
With the best linebacker in the nation 10 minutes from campus and you don’t hire a linebacker coach after you trot out the worst linebacker performance in UM history.
All the defensive stats point to porta potty **** poor linebacker play and production from all the dudes that are coming back.

I will be a contrarian here and say I don’t mind it. I personally loved watching Manny’s defense when he called the plays. Improved the play caller and the defensive line and secondary coaching. I hate that Baker is retained, and not a fan of Patke at all, but I’m not going call the entire reorganization a fail because of it. Manny just put his future in his own hands, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
I think the biggest issue most people have is the dead weight at now at least 3 positions: Baker (we're paying him DC money to essentially be an analyst), Rumph (not an on-field coach anymore but on-field coaching was the one thing he was kinda good at. Recruiting???) and DVD (once again splitting the DB room.)

Well we know what the offseason is going to look like on this board. Everyone will ignore Manny’s track record with calling the plays, the T-Rob hire and Simpson’s proven ability to coach DL and focus on Baker being DC in title only. Mope circle jerk here we come.

I may pop in on the recruiting board to see if there are any interesting threads/topics but besides that I’m out until spring, if there is one, or I’ll catch y’all in the fall.

Have fun being the literal worst fanbase in the country.

Go Canes

Advertisement
@dsddcane our BOT can't let Manny do this bro. People are morons if they don't think Manny was involved in the defensive calls during the UNC, Clemson, and OkSt games. How do we get a new AD and replace some of these wackass BOT members. What kind of influence does Vilma have?

Manny absolutely did not call the defense last year. He is MUCH more involved with the defense as opposed to the offense, 100%. But on gameday, it's Baker's show. Well, was Baker's show. So you can be ****ed about the decision, but what you watched last season was not Manny Diaz calling plays. You watched Blake Baker running a defense that Manny Diaz taught him and he's molded after Manny left. What you'll see next year is "Manny's defense", for better or for worse.

That seals it. Manny will fail. He's going down the same path as Golden and Richt He's too weak to make obvious personnel changes. Blake James should be fired right now for continuing to allow the same **** over and over again.
I foolishly thought Manny wasn't going to do this to himself.

Look, Al's suicide was inexcusable, but at least Donuts was both his teammate and literally the best man at his wedding. Does Blake have one of Manny's kids down a well Buffalo Bill style or something?

Seriously, this is truly disheartening. Now, we have to go through the slow spiral until the BOT's wakes up and figures it's time to make another bad decision.

BTW, if Manny doesn't make it, why would Blake James be allowed to keep his job? Please don't say fundraising, as if he's the only effeminate heterosexual that's able to shmooze moneyed people.

Like the idiot I am, I will still watch the games, but what a blown opportunity. Wow. Keeping Blake and letting him retain the DC title is unmerited and unconscionable. It's a clear message to CFB that Miami is still not serious about championships.

Just to balance the scales, I need the unbridled optimist's take on this. @Go Canes!!

To me this reeks of money.

We took a giant financial hit with Covid and that wasn’t the money to fire a $500,000 coach and bring in another one at $1-1.5 million.

From day one I’ve said the school finally has plenty of money to pay top coaches. But I think this season is the exception.

Advertisement
I think our defense will improve again next year with Manny calling plays. Simpson will improve the run D as well and we have more talent in the secondary as well. It was definitely not the changes I envisioned for this offseason but I can't blame Manny for trying himself to getting the defense right again. If not then he probably knows himself what is going to happen...

On the other hand that rumph to recruiting role thing... yikes!
Facts I believe defense will be much improved just wish he have hired a proven LB coach

Ok, well then...

You better fūcking win at least ten games and at the very least get to the ACC ship.

Or people that actually contribute and actually count will will raise holy fūcking ****....and oh yeah, win your fūcking bowl game, too.

Or you’re gone...and Flake too

CB40CC8D-C364-47D4-B901-CBD0B3BDF5CA.gif

Advertisement
I mean it's pretty simple. Manny is betting on himself to fix the defense, win games, get an extension, and then go out and hire a DC that will hitch his wagon to someone that won't get fired.
What’s the number of wins Manny needs to hit!

Advertisement
On the bright side, we don't have to put up with this for more than another year. It will also likely mean Blake James is out as I don't think he'll get a third chance of f#cking up the HC hire.

Sorry fellas.....I knew this was going to be the truth:

Blake Baker
2021-22
Defensive Coordinator / Linebackers Coach University of Miami

Blake Baker will be entering his third season as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach, having joined the Miami Hurricanes staff in January 2019.

Advertisement
Back