Manny will call Plays in 2021, Jess Back as DL Coach

diaz defensive ranks were great to elite depending on the season as a DC. his d has flaws and may need change but he was a good Dc for MIAMI.

a yes the fantasy land fanbase continues.

Diaz defense ranks since 2010:

21st, 34th, 75th, 56th, 38th, 36th, 12th, 28th, 18th. Almost ten years of data. decent, above average. but unbelievably overrated by some fans.

Advertisement
Lost in all this madness is no more booty gifs from @Baba Yaga for at least another year!
He had to go an make that silly promise.

Oh well, back to the bourbon thread....
We still have ****y gifs.

d8xynuo-d021854d-2eaf-4f3d-ac03-e74af8b3daa1.gif

Advertisement
Baker is prob getting paid $400-500K to be a chaperone for the defense. Un****ing believable

:pgdead:

James Williams is gonna stuff that dweeb in a locker the first day of fall ball

400-500k for a LB coach who knows mannys system.

Jimbo pays his OC 800k to do jack ****.

Look, I don't enjoy this move. If he gets demoted like this and our LBs still are ****, then so be it. Fire manny the same day baker goes.

Advertisement
There’s no excuse for Banda calling a different defense for the secondary than what was called for the front 6/7. It doesn’t matter what the **** he liked or disliked. That’s some bush league ****. He left our kids out to dry.

You can run with the Banda vs Baker stuff. It’s irrelevant to me. It actually doesn’t make any logical sense whatsoever. Both are sub par coaches. Again. Both are sub par coaches. Neither one of them should have ever been hired to work at the university of Miami. Neither one of them. Baker, doesn’t deserve to be at Miami. And Banda didn’t deserve to coach at Miami. He wasn’t a good Safety coach.

We didn’t do ONE thing consistently well at Safety all year. That’s why the GOAT didn’t like him. We weren’t even solid with our fundamentals at Safety. But.. somehow Anderson saw a great DC mind in a Banda. Diaz promoted him to (Anderson) that gig instead of just letting him go.

The entire Def Staff should have been gutted. I don’t give a **** about this Baker vs Banda ****. Both are trash.
Can we assume this is why the secondary seemed so lost alot of the time? And just their general energy in the last part of the season. It was obvious with Bubba.

Do you think Ed will return in his "chief of staff" role? Or has he had enough?

Can we assume this is why the secondary seemed so lost alot of the time? And just their general energy in the last part of the season. It was obvious with Bubba.

Do you think Ed will return in his "chief of staff" role? Or has he had enough?

(1) It was clear as day.
(2) I have no idea.

Money isn’t an issue
look people can say money isnt an issue but money is an issue. why didn't the school just fire rumph who everyone says Manny doesn't want? bc they don't want to pay him out. why keep baker publicly after hes been essentially stripped of his position? money. his contract runs out after next year (3 year deal) and bet your *** he isnt getting it renewed

Advertisement
@dsddcane our BOT can't let Manny do this bro. People are morons if they don't think Manny was involved in the defensive calls during the UNC, Clemson, and OkSt games. How do we get a new AD and replace some of these wackass BOT members. What kind of influence does Vilma have?
Tried to tell y'all that nonsense about the board pressuring him was basura. The board was happy with this season. Vilma has no pull on board either. Anyone with a brain knows he was calling plays also. They're just content with this clown lying to everyone.

I think Simpson is a great teacher and brings things to the table, I'm just worried about his recruiting, not that's trash but is it good enough to take UM to the next step. Baker and Pakte bring nothing to the table as well.
I'm hoping that the year of experience here before will help him be more confident. I think he will be fine.

Advertisement
I never allowed myself to believe MD would give up on his system entirely and hire a complete autonomous DC, but I did hold out hope he would bring somebody to help him tweak his system and implement a more fundamentally sound D. The fact that he didn't is disappointing, we just set a awful record against UNC and it was ALL on his system and how he runs it.

2 more years of MD I guess, I won't quit this program, but I don't think we took a step forward today

Did you miss the part where Baker got stripped of playcalling duties? Hes not the primary DC anymore. And we added the one of the best DB coaches and a top tier DL coaches. DC, DL, CB, and DB coaches will all be new personnel. So you are mad that Diaz has an overpaid LB coach now. OK. Id like a better LB coach too, but on the list of problems with the team, thats not high up on my list. I'm underwhelmed too but as I said before, offense matters a whole lot more. If you are mad that Diaz is betting on himself as DC, then lucky for you its an experiment that will only last a year. Either it works or he gets fired. And isn't the latter what most people want anyways?
Manny is paying over $1m to a guy he has to babysit because he can’t call plays. He can’t coach LBs. They both actually had 5 years to develop Mccliud and he doesn’t even know where to go. Manny and Baker are a sheet show

I try to give Manny the benefit of the doubt. I really do. I do my absolute best to be real and rational when it comes to this program.

But this is a fail. Plain and simple. A complete fail. T-Rob was a GREAT hire. That was an A+ move. But, as I'm sure everyone will say (and rightfully so), why is Baker still here if Manny is calling the defense? Because he couldn't kill his buddy, that's why. That's the only reason.

There's just so much wrong with this. Baker should not be here if he's not the actual coordinator. DVD does not deserve an on-field role at a school like UM with his resume. And Manny should not be calling plays. He's not a coordinator anymore. Not being able to find someone who can field a competent defense is a stain on his tenure.

I don't mind Simpson. I know the guy can coach linemen. Yeah, we know recruiting wasn't his strong suit. But guys like Kool churned out DL after DL stud at Mizzou and he didn't recruit a lick. I can live with that.

This, to me, is simply Manny unable to drop the guillotine on Baker combined with him believing in his system. Manny thinks this defense, this scheme, called correctly, is the right answer. And, judging from what we say in 2016-2018, I can't be THAT mad at that. It's not perfect, but it was one of the better defenses in the country. I just cannot understand what role Baker still serves here. How does he even go to work everyday? I guess the paycheck is nice, but ****. It's like the Office Space line...."What is it that you say....YOU DO HERE???"

Oh well. It is what it is. I do think the defense will be better with Manny calling it. But this is not the situation a school like this should be in.
Calling the correct defense is only part of the issue. Without quality coaching & game-planning the results will not be dissimilar and, if Manny isn't intimately involved in those aspects of preparation, it's not going to work out just because he's calling the plays. If he is intimately involved in all aspects of the defensive preparation it sets a poor standard to allow his relationship with Baker to deprive our student-athletes of quality coaching & leadership.

[]__[] Miami will be a better football program when Manny Diaz isn't coaching here anymore.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back