Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
I will agree the attacks seem to be at a minimum, which is all we can ask for with internet encounters these days. Guess I'm just like everyone else waiting for the season to get closer for some real news.
It’s the off-season so it’s brutal at times. We just got a crystal ball for a speed guy. Not highly ranked and listed as a CB but I guess they like him at WR.

Advertisement
TRobs track record speaks for itself. If he has other DBs ahead of little on his board then so be it. I have no reason to question his evaluations.
I'd agree with you but I'm also gonna throw some caution out there for you. If you think the bar for trob is what he's been doing or bust than ur setting urself up for failure. Gonna be real hard for him to duplicate those kinds of recruits here. Hand shakes go a LONG way in the sec. Here not so much...

This is a ridiculously bad take.

You are saying that the football program that invented

--4 fingers
--running through the smoke
--the U hand symbol
--dancing on the field
--saluting after sacks
--The Tez
--playing The Imperial March during games
--taking off helmets after big hits

is merely engaging in gimmicks and nonsense with the Turnover Chain?

Insanity.
Were those things occurring while middle of the pack teams were teabagging us? Were those things genuine reactions among a group of kids throughout the years in response to great plays or were they the coaches forcing an agenda to fans and the national media ???

I'd agree with you but I'm also gonna throw some caution out there for you. If you think the bar for trob is what he's been doing or bust than ur setting urself up for failure. Gonna be real hard for him to duplicate those kinds of recruits here. Hand shakes go a LONG way in the sec. Here not so much...

Maybe I'm missing what you're saying here. On paper, we've done better than him at recruiting the CB position. There isn't one year at South Carolina that he signed 2 - 4 star corner backs. We did it twice, even signing 3 one year which is just one shy of how many he got the entire time he was at his previous stop. We also signed more than double the amount of 4 star recruits that he did at South Carolina.

That's all on paper, so be it. Still, on paper he should be able to duplicate that or at least equal it. I mean ****, you had Rumph beating his *** on the trail, at least on paper.

I really don't see a point to what you're saying so fill me in. We shouldn't hope to replicate what he did there, we should hope to obliterate it if he's all that some make him out to be.

Maybe I'm missing what you're saying here. On paper, we've done better than him at recruiting the CB position. There isn't one year at South Carolina that he signed 2 - 4 star corner backs. We did it twice, even signing 3 one year which is just one shy of how many he got the entire time he was at his previous stop. We also signed more than double the amount of 4 star recruits that he did at South Carolina.

That's all on paper, so be it. Still, on paper he should be able to duplicate that or at least equal it. I mean ****, you had Rumph beating his *** on the trail, at least on paper.

I really don't see a point to what you're saying so fill me in. We shouldn't hope to replicate what he did there, we should hope to obliterate it if he's all that some make him out to be.
Well, at least it looks like there’s been better CB evals/development at South Carolina. I’ll avoid the argument over the role scheme plays. They have a CB likely going in the 1st this year and another on the 2nd day it looks like. So that’s an improvement.

Advertisement
I believe we are on the same page. None of those things bother me in the least bit. I find the reference to gimmicks and nonsense a convenient anti-Manny excuse as the “inventor” of the chain, while meanwhile on one hand we have been doing the list mentioned for 40 years, and on the other the losing did not start with Manny whether we like him or not.

All of those things are better when we are winning and kicking ***. That said, none of them, including the Turnover Chain and Rings, have lead to the 20 year gap in greatness - 4-5 “failed” coaching regimes has.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to fight with any particular poster, I'm just pointing out that ANYONE (Earl Sr. included) who complains about "gimmicks" hasn't been watching UM football for the past 40 years.

And not to mention the fact that one of our most famous alums (Dwayne Johnson) turned gimmicks into an entire career. ****, a bunch of his catchphrases are things that were said by coaches and players in the UM football program.

Look, it's obvious that the players on offense are not embracing "the rings" until we become some sort of championship team. Multiple times last year, the guy who scored didn't want to put the rings on.

But the defense still enjoys the Turnover Chain. Yes, we also need to win more games. But we haven't stopped putting up 4 fingers in the fourth quarter, even though we've lost plenty of games in the fourth quarter.

It's time to make the gimmicks MEAN SOMETHING again. No need to abandon the gimmicks, just restore the impact of the gimmicks.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to fight with any particular poster, I'm just pointing out that ANYONE (Earl Sr. included) who complains about "gimmicks" hasn't been watching UM football for the past 40 years.

And not to mention the fact that one of our most famous alums (Dwayne Johnson) turned gimmicks into an entire career. ****, a bunch of his catchphrases are things that were said by coaches and players in the UM football program.

Look, it's obvious that the players on offense are not embracing "the rings" until we become some sort of championship team. Multiple times last year, the guy who scored didn't want to put the rings on.

But the defense still enjoys the Turnover Chain. Yes, we also need to win more games. But we haven't stopped putting up 4 fingers in the fourth quarter, even though we've lost plenty of games in the fourth quarter.

It's time to make the gimmicks MEAN SOMETHING again. No need to abandon the gimmicks, just restore the impact of the gimmicks.
Yea man. We’re aligned.

Considering we werent even getting a head nod with the previous cb coach...ill take the T ROB handshakes.

We have all had to live through all the bad for years including bad coaching, evals, developments and not living up to projections. I want to concentrate on now and what's coming. I like much of recent recruiting, I expect good things out of the coaches here and the current and incoming players. I'm tired of the past and looking forward. GO CANES!

Advertisement
Although I want Little his film isn't some Surtain type ****. I don't think he's some shut down DB.

I think that’s the biggest issue. Miami is probably seeing what you,I and others see and probably ranks him a lot lower than some of the other CB’s. Earl jr saw all the love that JW got but he’s not on that tier. Miami’s not going to spend as much time on a guy who could be the 5th-10th ranked CB on their board just because his dad is an alum, regardless of what Bama does.

Last edited:
I think that’s the biggest issue. Miami is probably seeing what you,I and others see and probably ranks him a lot lower than some of the other CB’s. Earl jr saw all the love that JW got but he’s not on that tier. Miami’s not going to spend as much time on a guy who could be the 5th-10th ranked CB on their board just because his dad is an alum, regardless of what Bama does.
Bama could be playing chess making us go hard and they don't even want him. They play chess so who knows if they are really that interested. It's still the same bama though kkk through and through. We may not be the same but they sure as **** are the same.

this thread is great mopes and slurpers having good discussions without our vaginas hurting.
George Clooney Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Bama could be playing chess making us go hard and they don't even want him. They play chess so who knows if they are really that interested. It's still the same bama though kkk through and through. We may not be the same but they sure as **** are the same.

If that’s what they’re doing, it’s brilliant. It’s Sun Tzu type of shlt. Make us look bad in our hometown with our own legacy. The best part for them is, there’s no blow back for them, no repercussion, and there’s not a **** thing we can do about it.

I’m surprised someone actually came up with this.

If that’s what they’re doing, it’s brilliant. It’s Sun Tzu type of shlt. Make us look bad in our hometown with our own legacy. The best part for them is, there’s no blow back for them, no repercussion, and there’s not a **** thing we can do about it.

I’m surprised someone actually came up with this.
The red flag for me was Gurvan Halls play.....I was thinking man oh man what if these goat fuqers are showing their hand early....then making us dive first then waiting till late to show their true hand. I think they been doing this for a good *** while especially on the under rated types in sfla possibly. I know it sounds crazy af I even think it's crazy but it's not impossible. I'm trying to think back at the late signings for them but nothing pops in my head.

So they sit there show interest in someone and everyone knows about it. Not a superior no brainer stud recruit just a borderline kid.....the u spend all your resources on the kid and boom late in the class comes and they let u get that kid and take the one they want. I know man I'm not a conspiracy type but it's chess and I can't put it passed Nick Satan that he wouldn't do that. Teams used to chase after our evals.

I think he's a decent hire all around. Personally I don't think anyone is expecting or would be happy with

I doubt anyone is hoping for the south Carolina version of him. If they are than HOLY ****. We then took a step backwards.

Advertisement
Back