Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Said someone who’s put zero into what’s happening in coral gables. I’d elaborate on the quality and depth of our last two recruiting classes, the fall of fsu, the gators mid-sec purgatory, our success in the portal, continuity in staff for recruiting relationships, money to move forward if need be, facilities, excitement surrounding the program with recruits and so much more you don’t live or see. Respectfully, if you think these are the Shannon/Golden/Richt years repeating themselves, you need to find another program. We might not be the old Miami, but we certainly are building towards it. We took five stars from Georgia and UF this year. Everyone, and I mean everyone returned to win more together. Ultimately it comes down to culture, athletes and depth. Like I said, you’re welcome. I’ll remind you of this next year and the decade to come. I harbor no bad will to you or anyone here. All I ask is that you look forward and see what’s happening. It’s a sight to see.
Comparing ourselves to FSU and UF doesn’t appeal to me. They can suck or struggle. Doesn’t help us win the Coastal or beat Clemson.

We had one good recruiting class. You repeat a lot of *reasons* and seem to forget recruits (and probably you too) were optimistic about things back during coker, shannon, golden and richt.

i’m not even pessimistic. that’s some spin people have. i see some progress, but baby steps don’t impress me when we’ve been so bad for so long.

you say it comes down to culture, talent and depth. i agree. sounds like a lot of what i’ve been saying for ages.

Advertisement
Comparing ourselves to FSU and UF doesn’t appeal to me. They can suck or struggle. Doesn’t help us win the Coastal or beat Clemson.

We had one good recruiting class. You repeat a lot of *reasons* and seem to forget recruits (and probably you too) were optimistic about things back during coker, shannon, golden and richt.

i’m not even pessimistic. that’s some spin people have. i see some progress, but baby steps don’t impress me when we’ve been so bad for so long.

you say it comes down to culture, talent and depth. i agree. sounds like a lot of what i’ve been saying for ages.
I guess you don’t pay attention. Have a great football season. 🙌

Advertisement
Now you want us to recruit a kid because he's a five star, a legacy or because Saban and others are after him. You don’t even know how high or low he's on iur board but still push the narrative that we are doing it wrong cause Saban called him and Manny didnt.
It’s bigger than Little. If the coaches don’t like him as much as others, so be it, though I still think it’s smart to recruit him properly because things always change during a recruiting cycle. Little’s father raised HC outreach and that’s been raised before.

It’s as simple as some of us have essentially said. Manny needs to be doing the basics that other successful HC’s are doing in his role as HC on the recruiting side - like reaching out to recruits and parents adequately and in a timely manner.

Anyone trying to characterize our concern as “oh no we need Earl Little Jr” is missing the far bigger and more important point about recruiting methodology and competitiveness.

Advertisement
It’s bigger than Little. If the coaches don’t like him as much as others, so be it, though I still think it’s smart to recruit him properly because things always change during a recruiting cycle. Little’s father raised HC outreach and that’s been raised before.

It’s as simple as some of us have essentially said. Manny needs to be doing the basics that other successful HC’s are doing in his role as HC on the recruiting side - like reaching out to recruits and parents adequately and in a timely manner.

Anyone trying to characterize our concern as “oh no we need Earl Little Jr” is missing the far bigger and more important point about recruiting methodology and competitiveness.

Is this an issue with all our recruits. If it is the concern is warranted, but if is just an isolated problem with Little then it isn't. Remember what happened with Tim Burns this past cycle, the coaches probably don't want a repeat.

Is this an issue with all our recruits. If it is the concern is warranted, but if is just an isolated problem with Little then it isn't. Remember what happened with Tim Burns this past cycle, the coaches probably don't want a repeat.
BINGO!!!!!

I don’t know how far it goes bro and that’s why I raised it to begin with when I heard the same thing recently about another recruiting battle we lost that was winnable. The difference was that the other HC was reaching out and involved and ours wasn’t.

I’m hoping that it’s just coincidence but that’s exactly why this Jones thing had me raising the concern.

Advertisement
Again, lots of assumptions here of course, but it could very well be that the Littles really want Bama (which is my personal assumption), but in the end Bama doesn’t want them.

I’m not saying what the likelihood of that is, I’m just saying that that’s a possibility.

Schools that do good evaluations, constantly keep evaluating their targets versus their other targets. I would hope.

And while Little might currently be a target of interest for the Klan, he might not be somebody that they are 100% sold on either, but there’s no downside to them recruiting the **** out of him, because if they decide not to go forward, there are no repercussions for Alabama.

Just a variation on the theme I introduced to earlier.

It would be a left turn if a year from now we’re talking about how he ended up at a different school other than Alabama or Miami, maybe a Tennessee or a Kentucky, or even a G5. Who knows? I certainly have no expertise to evaluate him as a prospect.

Legacy laying the excuse groundwork to avoid the Choadish backlash
Nailed it. Earl Sr. seems like a very personable and good dude. But I definitely think that he’s laying the groundwork to try to avoid some of the backlash that’s gonna come his way when Jr. chooses ‘Bama.

No hate from me. It’s human nature to want to protect your family. But my gut feeling is that Sr. is running PR and damage control way in advance of Jr.’s impending ‘Bama announcement.

Junior is obviously rated very highly, but from many posters that have seen him and Spells both play in live game action, I’d prefer the latter. As @Ethnicsands has stated many times over the last few years, evaluations are key in building a top program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back