Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
I just imagine them being made of melted national championship rings
1614456374475.jpeg

Like real talk are u worried about JW? I got this midget mope devil on my shoulder questioning if he's good cause of the past 15 years. UGA was our only true comp for him. I got this tiny mustard seed of doubt that he's going to flame out. Maybe I'm just a mope triggered bytch.
I’m not worried about him. Kid who moves like that at his size + passionate about football is going to be good somewhere. I think him being used as a defensive chess piece to take advantage of all of his tools is my biggest concern. He’s too good not to use all over. How FSU used Derwin James sticks out in my mind.

That's a silly retort. You and others always try to say isht like this when all else fails for you in a discussion.

In any case, I've acknowledged a dozen times in this thread the evaluation topic is open and out there. Mentioning he's a 5* is a short-handed way of pointing out he's widely considered a top prospect and is really talented. If Manny doesn't think he's that good, no worries. But for discussion purposes, try not to get so caught up in semantics.

Yeah is all about evaluations until they dont fit your narrative.

Advertisement
I’m not worried about him. Kid who moves like that at his size + passionate about football is going to be good somewhere. I think him being used as a defensive chess piece to take advantage of all of his tools is my biggest concern. He’s too good not to use all over. How FSU used Derwin James sticks out in my mind.
Agree he needs to be moved around alot after he puts on weight cause his frame was skinny. For HS he was good but I'm sure he will be alot bigger...I'm sure he's already bigger. Can't wait to see a freak like that in the secondary......that's what I'm used to seeing at the U.

I always wonder if his last visit with UGA....did Tyrique say do not come here they give u empty promises. Wilson as well

Agree he needs to be moved around alot after he puts on weight cause his frame was skinny. For HS he was good but I'm sure he will be alot bigger...I'm sure he's already bigger. Can't wait to see a freak like that in the secondary......that's what I'm used to seeing at the U.

I always wonder if his last visit with UGA....did Tyrique say do not come here they give u empty promises. Wilson as well
I’m not sure what happened but it **** sure felt good to be on the other side of a recruitment like that for a change. That UGA meltdown was legendary. Kirby had locked in on JW as the guy he didn’t want to miss on that year. JW probably inadvertently got Amarius Mims even more paid.

People here were mocking us for never laying off Avantae and James Williams. Same with Stevenson who ended up at UGA and the kid who went to Clemson.

Win some lose some but there are never mixed signals from us on kids we really want.

Game day Manny has been average at best but I trust what recruiting Manny has done since taking over.
I haven't been overly impressed with recruiting Manny, but recruiting better Manny is way better than Saturday Manny. I find it hard to trust a guy who has recruited LBs and CBs the way he has.

My point was that it's his team; if he doesn't value Little as much as Sabag does, and if he has other guys ranked higher on his board, then these are decisions he needs to make when it comes to prioritizing how much he tries to woo a guy. If he isn't in love with Little and has a few other guys ahead of him, then it makes sense that he's not putting a full court press on him yet.

Advertisement
I’m not sure what happened but it **** sure felt good to be on the other side of a recruitment like that for a change. That UGA meltdown was legendary. Kirby had locked in on JW as the guy he didn’t want to miss on that year. JW probably inadvertently got Amarius Mims even more paid.
Fuqem they been a thorn on the trail for us. Everything fell apart ...I think theyfuqed themselves in sfla at least for Kirby's tenure.

We need bama to mess up but they are so good at it with Saban that won't happen. Waiting for the day that fuqem prune retires.

You and @RVACane make me chuckle. You make Bama comparisons and talk about development even though our recruiting hasnt even been in the same stratosphere as that program.

Those guys all came here and have now gone off to the NFL. No one who's played here has gone on to blow up beyond their draft status. So our development has been completely in line with the talent level being brought in.

Wan't more 1st rounders? Bring in a class every year with 20 Top 250 players. If not what we have done is what we will continue to see.

I feel what ur saying, & ur partly correct.

So explain this, w/ the data I’ve already provided regarding our recruiting.

Since 2010 we’ve had 4 first round picks

Since 2010, TCU has had 6 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 34th in the nation during this time)

Since 2010, Baylor has had 5 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 36th in the nation during this time)

Since 2010, OK St has had 5 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 35th during this time)

Since 2010, UNC has had 6 first round picks (Ive already discussed their recruiting ranks)

Since 2010, UL has had 8 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 40th during this time)

Since 2010, Wisconsin has had 7 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 38th during this time)

****, even Boise St has had 4 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 65th during this time)

So, no, we’re not bringing in Bama, OSU, Clemson, LSU type players, but we are bringing in far better players than the aforementioned schools & over the last decade, we’ve out recruited, yet they’ve out produced. How?

And let’s talk about the top 250 players we have brought in, only from 2010.

Storm Johnson - #40 overall (transferred)

Brandon Linder - #139 overall (3rd round)

Eduardo Clements - #179 overall (UDFA)

LaTwan Anderson - #103 overall (NA)

Sentrell Henderson - #2 overall (7th round)

Anthony Chickillo - #22 overall (6th round)

Kevin Grooms - #165 overall (transferred)

Jalen Grimble - #191 overall (transferred)

Dallas Crawford - #238 overall (UDFA)

Duke Johnson - #20 overall (3rd round)

Tracy Howard - #23 overall (UDFA)

Jelani Hamilton - #119 overall (transferred)

Tyriq McCord - #122 overall (UDFA)

Deon Bush - #125 overall (4th round)

Raphael Kirby - #146 overall (transferred)

Ereck Flowers - #157 overall (1st round)

Angelo Jean-Louis - #93 overall (transferred)

AQM - #48 overall (6th round)

Stacey Coley - #65 overall (7th round)

Kevin Olsen - #93 overall (life time pink eye)

Artie Burns - #98 overall (1st round)

Corn Elder - #191 overall (4th round)

Standish Dobard - #235 overall (transferred)

JRock - #250 overall (UDFA)

Chad Thomas - #25 overall (3rd Round)

Joe Yearby - #45 overall (UDFA)

KC McDermott - #46 overall (UDFA)

Trevor Darling - #93 overall (UDFA)

Brad Kaaya - #142 overall (6th round)

Anthony Moten - #166 overall (UDFA)

Kiy Hester - #237 overall (transferred)

Mark Walton - #83 overall (4th round)

JJ - #207 overall (6th round)

Bar Milo - #213 overall (Lost somewhere)

Sam Bruce - #84 overall (Living hoop dreams)

Shaq Q - #111 overall (4th round)

A Richards - #147 overall (career ending)

Jack Allison - #176 overall (transferred)

Joe Jackson - #215 overall (5th round)

Travis Homer - #240 overall (6th round)

Jeff Thomas - #40 overall (UDFA)

Navaughn Donaldson - #72 overall (TBD)

D.J Johnson - #74 overall (transferred)

N. Perry - #199 overall (transferred)

Trajan Bandy - #223 overall (UDFA)

From the classes of ‘18 - ‘20, we signed an add’l 25 top 250 players. 1 has entered the draft (most likely not a 1st round pick), 3 have transferred (Hightower, Lo & Jarren), and the remaining 21 are on the team, but likely will either be transfer candidates, or 5th - UDFA draft picks.

I bet u guys didn’t realize how many top 250 players we’ve recruited, b/c most these guys were deemed trash. THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI HAVE DONE LESS W/ MORE THAN ANY PROGRAM OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS. We have two 1st round picks out of a possible 70 top 250 players we’ve recruited in the last 10 years.

These r facts, not theories. So I don’t wanna hear about Bama or this program winning b/c of all these top players. I don’t wanna hear bout bags...if U’re a parent, and ur kid is a top player...under these current conditions, what are u going to do if u want the best maximum potential?

Yeah is all about evaluations until they dont fit your narrative.
That’s an insane response. First, I’ve been one of the loudest voices on the eval topic for 2 decades on these sites. Maybe the loudest. Second, this whole theory of a narrative here is your own bleeding emotions. I don’t give a shot about pushing a narrative - I want to see football success. Slurpers like you are the ones inventing the idea that critics are just haters. For 20 years the critics have been generally right and the folks who yap like you have come and gone, sounded the same, and never been right.

Advertisement
It’s nowhere near an exact science, and Sabag has had plenty of busts. You just don’t hear about them because they process out and get replaced by another 5 star.
Of course he's had plenty of busts. That wasn't my point brother. My point was he picks his commitments from the cream of the crop. He doesn't take kids who are known to be projects except in a very rare case. Like u say it's definitely not an exact science. But they've got a formula they stick to

I feel what ur saying, & ur partly correct.

So explain this, w/ the data I’ve already provided regarding our recruiting.

Since 2010 we’ve had 4 first round picks

Since 2010, TCU has had 6 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 34th in the nation during this time)

Since 2010, Baylor has had 5 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 36th in the nation during this time)

Since 2010, OK St has had 5 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 35th during this time)

Since 2010, UNC has had 6 first round picks (Ive already discussed their recruiting ranks)

Since 2010, UL has had 8 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 40th during this time)

Since 2010, Wisconsin has had 7 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 38th during this time)

****, even Boise St has had 4 first round picks (their avg. recruiting class has been 65th during this time)

So, no, we’re not bringing in Bama, OSU, Clemson, LSU type players, but we are bringing in far better players than the aforementioned schools & over the last decade, we’ve out recruited, yet they’ve out produced. How?

And let’s talk about the top 250 players we have brought in, only from 2010.

Storm Johnson - #40 overall (transferred)

Brandon Linder - #139 overall (3rd round)

Eduardo Clements - #179 overall (UDFA)

LaTwan Anderson - #103 overall (NA)

Sentrell Henderson - #2 overall (7th round)

Anthony Chickillo - #22 overall (6th round)

Kevin Grooms - #165 overall (transferred)

Jalen Grimble - #191 overall (transferred)

Dallas Crawford - #238 overall (UDFA)

Duke Johnson - #20 overall (3rd round)

Tracy Howard - #23 overall (UDFA)

Jelani Hamilton - #119 overall (transferred)

Tyriq McCord - #122 overall (UDFA)

Deon Bush - #125 overall (4th round)

Raphael Kirby - #146 overall (transferred)

Ereck Flowers - #157 overall (1st round)

Angelo Jean-Louis - #93 overall (transferred)

AQM - #48 overall (6th round)

Stacey Coley - #65 overall (7th round)

Kevin Olsen - #93 overall (life time pink eye)

Artie Burns - #98 overall (1st round)

Corn Elder - #191 overall (4th round)

Standish Dobard - #235 overall (transferred)

JRock - #250 overall (UDFA)

Chad Thomas - #25 overall (3rd Round)

Joe Yearby - #45 overall (UDFA)

KC McDermott - #46 overall (UDFA)

Trevor Darling - #93 overall (UDFA)

Brad Kaaya - #142 overall (6th round)

Anthony Moten - #166 overall (UDFA)

Kiy Hester - #237 overall (transferred)

Mark Walton - #83 overall (4th round)

JJ - #207 overall (6th round)

Bar Milo - #213 overall (Lost somewhere)

Sam Bruce - #84 overall (Living hoop dreams)

Shaq Q - #111 overall (4th round)

A Richards - #147 overall (career ending)

Jack Allison - #176 overall (transferred)

Joe Jackson - #215 overall (5th round)

Travis Homer - #240 overall (6th round)

Jeff Thomas - #40 overall (UDFA)

Navaughn Donaldson - #72 overall (TBD)

D.J Johnson - #74 overall (transferred)

N. Perry - #199 overall (transferred)

Trajan Bandy - #223 overall (UDFA)

From the classes of ‘18 - ‘20, we signed an add’l 25 top 250 players. 1 has entered the draft (most likely not a 1st round pick), 3 have transferred (Hightower, Lo & Jarren), and the remaining 21 are on the team, but likely will either be transfer candidates, or 5th - UDFA draft picks.

I bet u guys didn’t realize how many top 250 players we’ve recruited, b/c most these guys were deemed trash. THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI HAVE DONE LESS W/ MORE THAN ANY PROGRAM OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS. We have two 1st round picks out of a possible 70 top 250 players we’ve recruited in the last 10 years.

These r facts, not theories. So I don’t wanna hear about Bama or this program winning b/c of all these top players. I don’t wanna hear bout bags...if U’re a parent, and ur kid is a top player...under these current conditions, what are u going to do if u want the best maximum potential?
Well done!

It all boiled down to coaching.

The coaching regimes since Coker have been some of the worst I’ve ever seen at any level.

Coordinators: Pat Nix, Mark Whipple, Jedd Fisch, James Coley, Richt JR, Dan Enos, Tim Walton, Bill Young, John Lovett, Mark Donofrio, Blake Baker

Look at that list a LOSERS!

Positional coaches: Marques Mosley, Clint Hurt, Jethro Franklin, George McDonald, Randy Melvin, Paul Williams, Brennan Carrol, Hurlie Brown, Kevin Beard, Ron Dugans, Todd Hartley, Jon Patke, Banda, Rumph, Butch Barry, Taylor Stubblefield.

Strength Coaches: Swasey, Felder....

Some of the worst coaches I’ve ever seen. Look at where these guys are today. It’s should tell you a lot.

Advertisement
Of course he's had plenty of busts. That wasn't my point brother. My point was he picks his commitments from the cream of the crop. He doesn't take kids who are known to be projects except in a very rare case. Like u say it's definitely not an exact science. But they've got a formula they stick to
Like Chris Rock said, you're as picky as your options allow you to be. Sabag can stick to that formula of only picking from the cream of the crop because he created that sort of environment where that's possible. We haven't, and we're not even all that close to creating that environment.

It doesn't help that all the local guys **** talk UM all the time and make it seem like we should be eating the asses of every 3 star who shows any interest in coming here. The locals view UM as a safety school if the KKK belt doesn't want them. Then, when we don't offer the 4.93 forty WR with a congenital defect where his hands never grew from the size they were when he was 7 months old, all the local assh0les start the negative ****.

Some of you spend your life looking backwards. You might want to be here and now. It’s not the same Miami. I’ll wait for the this years draft and next season to prove my point. For all you who will be posting “I told you so, after the season” , you’re welcome. It’s a lot of work and never ever can you not keep looking forward. In this life, it’s the difference between select and prime. Just my2, but I haven’t had a bad steak in as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
Some of you spend your life looking backwards. You might want to here and now. It’s not the same Miami. I’ll wait for the this years draft and next season to prove my point. For all you who will be posting “I told you so, after the season” , you’re welcome. It’s a lot of work and never ever can you not keep looking forward. In this life, it’s the difference between select and prime. Just my2, but I haven’t had a bad steak in as long as I can remember.
Brock has , actually his steaks are always bad.

Advertisement
Back