Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Little is not a 5 star. He's not even the best cb prospect on his own team. That being said not making him a priority would be absurd, he should be a priority regardless if we think he's going to Bama or not. He's a solid cb prospect and a legacy, at a position of need like you said, we should recruit him just as hard as any of our other db prospects.
According to 247 he's the top CB prospect in South Florida and a 4* and higher rated than the other CB prospect on his team. I'm not judging which one is better here. No problem if people evaluate him differently. But like you note, he's a really good CB prospect and we really need CBs.

Advertisement
What if we recruit him super hard, and he commits when we're not sure we even want him to sign? Again, I'm not looking to defend Diaz because, if he really does want this guy, then he needs to recruit him hard like you have to recruit 5 stars or guys coveted by the KKK belt.
That's a good tactical question. Given our complete failure to sign CBs we target the past several years, I'd say that unless you think he's not good enough to take, we're over-thinking it to defer a commitment just because there's some kid we might want more. The right question IMO should be is he 'above the bar' from a 'take a commitment early' perspective. If he's not, then don't take. But if he is, then don't defer just because someone else might end up higher in our eyes. That's the tactical confusion that leads us to plan C kids when the dust settles. A committed legacy should also be a lower risk than some other kids and we know the SEC programs will be after the best local CB targets.

It isn't like a situation with a QB where you might have to tell him he's the only QB we'll take this cycle. We're clearly going to take 3-4 CBs, so if Little wanted to be in that group, IMO, you say 'yes' unless we really don't like his potential (doubtful IMO).

With a kid who wasn't a legacy, I'd be stronger on this because it's easy to back off a kid carefully down the road (just call less often, they end up getting the message). But I wouldn't take that sort of risk with a legacy for a bunch of reasons, so concur with the view that IF we don't have confidence he's worth an IC we should defer for now.

Why you keep mentioning 5 stars, I thought you cared more about evaluations.
That's a silly retort. You and others always try to say isht like this when all else fails for you in a discussion.

In any case, I've acknowledged a dozen times in this thread the evaluation topic is open and out there. Mentioning he's a 5* is a short-handed way of pointing out he's widely considered a top prospect and is really talented. If Manny doesn't think he's that good, no worries. But for discussion purposes, try not to get so caught up in semantics.

What if we recruit him super hard, and he commits when we're not sure we even want him to sign? Again, I'm not looking to defend Diaz because, if he really does want this guy, then he needs to recruit him hard like you have to recruit 5 stars or guys coveted by the KKK belt.

People here were mocking us for never laying off Avantae and James Williams. Same with Stevenson who ended up at UGA and the kid who went to Clemson.

Win some lose some but there are never mixed signals from us on kids we really want.

Game day Manny has been average at best but I trust what recruiting Manny has done since taking over.

Advertisement
People here were mocking us for never laying off Avantae and James Williams. Same with Stevenson who ended up at UGA and the kid who went to Clemson.

Win some lose some but there are never mixed signals from us on kids we really want.

Game day Manny has been average at best but I trust what recruiting Manny has done since taking over.
Do you trust what he did recruiting LBs when he was DC/LB coach?

Do you trust what he's done over-seeing CB recruiting as DC and HC?

I trust what he’s done for the last two cycles since he’s been the top guy.
Okay. I don't. I don't see 'trust' as relevant to trying to discuss pros and cons of decisions around here.

Manny's had 3 classes as HC. The first transition class ('19), the first full class ('20) and '21.

Since Manny's been HC, our CB recruits have been Clarke, Dunson, Couch, Christian Williams and Curtis (a HS WR).

The bar may be too low around here after 2 decades of recruiting poorly. I'm not interested in giving him off-season awards. I'm discussing whether he's making good decisions because this program ain't going to get back to where it needs to be without a major improvement in talent.

James Williams. Miami just pulled one of those types of athletes. Note that I didn't mention Leonard Taylor as you've openly stated that if Saban wasn't recruiting a player hard, it means he is overrated.

Miami's player evals should be tethered to Nick Sabans evals just as so many cuck "Miami fans" are tethered to Sabans old saggy ball sack.

This is a clear cut example of that philosophy in action. This is the flip side to "Miami got its eval wrong and Taylor overrated because Saban didn't pull out all the stops." Here, cuck fans think they Miami is getting its eval wrong because the staff decided to focus on other players, while Saban has decided to pursue Little. God forbid that Miami staff actually act like professionals and do their own independent evals.

You didn’t know? Every single player Saban recruits is a 1st rounder

Advertisement
DVD is recognized as an excellent recruiter. The only thing he couldn't do is do in-house visits but he can make phone calls and spend time with recruits on campus. Miami's new defensive hire, Aristide, was an analyst yet one of TAMUs best recruiters and Aggie fans are ****ed about losing him.
Widely recognized by whom? He wasn't even a coach. You're just defending your own loose comments at this point. We can be optimistic about him but crowning guys who haven't proven anything is a good way to continue failing as a program. Moreover, since he's been a defensive assistant, what CBs did we sign that you want to crown him for? I'll wait to hear your response.

And then you started making things up. I never said DVD was a good evaluator. Here's what I said.

" DVD is an excellent recruiter. T-Rob is both an excellent recruiter and evaluator."

I don't know if your fabrication was unintentional or deliberate. If you've resorted making things up (claiming I said DVD was a good evaluator) in your opening paragraph, that shows me that you aren't interested in an intelligent discussion. There isnt much point in addressing the rest of your essay if you will just create more strawmen to win the debate.

You must have misread my comments. I was correct in quoting you - you called DVD a great recruiter and T Rob a great recruiter and evaluator. I quoted you correctly and addressed each comment separately. No idea what you're talking about here. No worries.

Okay. I don't. I don't see 'trust' as relevant to trying to discuss pros and cons of decisions around here.

Manny's had 3 classes as HC. The first transition class ('19), the first full class ('20) and '21.

Since Manny's been HC, our CB recruits have been Clarke, Dunson, Couch, Christian Williams and Curtis (a HS WR).

The bar may be too low around here after 2 decades of recruiting poorly. I'm not interested in giving him off-season awards. I'm discussing whether he's making good decisions because this program ain't going to get back to where it needs to be without a major improvement in talent.

I don’t remember nominating him for any awards.

Thank God the 2:30 pm shift came in early today. I was getting tired of fighting some of these guys alone. It’s like I worked a 24 hour shift with Dwins coming in here to help so I can grab meals.

Advertisement
Dan Morgan is arguably the best LB in our history. If that’s the bar everyone will be a failure.
There aren’t many Dan Morgan’s out there. He was a generational talent. Someone waiting on another will more than likely be pushing up daisies before one comes along.

Thank God the 2:30 pm shift came in early today. I was getting tired of fighting some of these guys alone. It’s like I worked a 24 hour shift with Dwins coming in here to help so I can grab meals.
I’m here for ya brother. Just been lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce.

James Williams is a start. Just need to keep stacking these guys year after year. Can’t afford down years.
Like real talk are u worried about JW? I got this midget mope devil on my shoulder questioning if he's good cause of the past 15 years. UGA was our only true comp for him. I got this tiny mustard seed of doubt that he's going to flame out. Maybe I'm just a mope triggered bytch.

Advertisement
James Williams. Miami just pulled one of those types of athletes. Note that I didn't mention Leonard Taylor as you've openly stated that if Saban wasn't recruiting a player hard, it means he is overrated.

Miami's player evals should be tethered to Nick Sabans evals just as so many cuck "Miami fans" are tethered to Sabans old saggy ball sack.

This is a clear cut example of that philosophy in action. This is the flip side to "Miami got its eval wrong and Taylor overrated because Saban didn't pull out all the stops." Here, cuck fans think they Miami is getting its eval wrong because the staff decided to focus on other players, while Saban has decided to pursue Little. God forbid that Miami staff actually act like professionals and do their own independent evals.
Sabans balls are shiny don't ever say saggy saban balls ever again damnit.

Like real talk are u worried about JW? I got this midget mope devil on my shoulder questioning if he's good cause of the past 15 years. UGA was our only true comp for him. I got this tiny mustard seed of doubt that he's going to flame out. Maybe I'm just a mope triggered bytch.

Lmao. You and @RVACane need a mope despojó

Advertisement
Back