Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Or our game day preparation and coaching has consistently been abysmal during that stretch.

Dozens of Individually talented guys like Duke, Dee Jay, Brevin and Kaaya have all put up numbers here, but bad coaching on Saturdays has cost us more games than I care to count.
A fair third option. But I would point out that properly preparing your players to play the game (film review, etc...) is at least part of player development.

Advertisement
See, there you guys go again. “You think of Manny as the worst coach ever... but his recruiting classes...” blah blah blah..

When did I say Manny is the worst coach ever?

When did I not praise the recruiting, aside from CB and LB’s, especially given our on-field performance?

When did I not praise the off-seasonhirings he’s made?

You and your compatriots at the Manny Defense League use the same broad-brush intimidation/shaming tactics on any poster who doesn’t tow your line. It doesn’t work on people who praise and criticize, only on the putrid mopes who root for losses and can’t give Manny credit for good things like recruiting and coaching hires.
Lol I said ayou could think of him as the worst ever. Not that you said it but even if you did you can't discount that he values recruiting the way we have recruited and the way he built his staff.

Last edited:
Wiggins and Pope have nothing to do with Rousseau. Not even ont he same side of the ball.

I also remember some of yall crying about getting SHAQ and Pinkney off the field for the same Jennings group we seen last year. Some times the guys behind arent better at that particular time man. It aint a video game.

Carter get a Captain Letter because.....maybe he is a captain and a leader and does all the things they ask of him. Sh*T we dont know. That has nothing to do with anything else.

I think this thread is a bunch of B.S. Also its become a mope congregation for those that dont like Manny that havent had anything to b*tch about for a week or so so its time to unite. Who tf cares if he hasnt broke down coverages or called parents like 2 weeks into a recruiting cycle?. I could see if this was summer or october...its got **** February.
You can look at it narrowly like that because Rousseau plays on a different side of the ball than Pope and Wiggins but I named 4 different positions, offense and defense, where underperforming older players continued to get burn. Maybe you’d rather keep trotting Pope and Wiggins or Carter and Zach out when it’s the same fail every week but I’d rather see the Keyshawn’s, Balloms, Flaggs get the reps. Even LCE who’s tight with Carter said he needed to sit or something similar.

Advertisement
Lol I said ayou could think of him as the worst ever. Not that you said it but even if you did you can discount that he values recruiting the way we have recruited and the way he built his staff.
Here’s the thing. Me and a good chunk of the fanbase want Manny to succeed. We praise the recruiting and coaching hires but we also point out where we need to do better. When we do that, we have guys calling us ****** fans and mopes or whatever.

We are not the people who vomit Manny sucks all over the board. We are not the people who root for losses. We are not the people who shît on a happy moment when we land a recruit or make a great coaching hire.

I’ve ripped that putrid dreck on here plenty. But there are flip sides of a coin. We praise and we criticize.

You can look at it narrowly like that because Rousseau plays on a different side of the ball than Pope and Wiggins but I named 4 different positions, offense and defense, where underperforming older players continued to get burn. Maybe you’d rather keep trotting Pope and Wiggins or Carter and Zach out when it’s the same fail every week but I’d rather see the Keyshawn’s, Balloms, Flaggs get the reps. Even LCE who’s tight with Carter said he needed to sit or something similar.
Bro I wanted Mccloud off the field 2 years ago. Check the game day threads lol.

I was just pointing out just saying put someone else in doesnt always work like that. At LB they recruited /evaluated poorly. As you saw last szn the guys behind Shaq/Pinkney/Mccloud werent better.

Carter sits himself most of the time.

The Pope and Wiggins thing is more so on the offensive coach/position coach. If Lashlee wants them to sit they would/should. I have no clue as to why they didnt sit them down for a game or taken their reps..maybe they were waiting on a Harley type breakthrough...which obviously never came.
But having played college ball.....Majority of coaches go with SENIORITY for 1 reason or another...even the GOATS like SABAN/Meyer does so. I guarantee their are players ont hose teams saying they deserve reps or are better than the guys starting over them.

It appears and have for some time that at certian POSITIONS on his defense..Manny leans to seniority. That being said he still plays ALOT of players and we have seen him play younger players over certain players. So its a mix up on it.

He definately will lean to seniority at SAFETY. That position is very important in his defense. MANNY rotates a whole LB unit a few times a game. Probably more so than i seen most defenses do. I mean he takes out every one of them and runs in 3 new ones.

Honestly, from my perspective it seems like Miami hasn’t made him a top priority. Just comparing the way you heard about recruitment last year with LT and James Williams, you got the feeling it was all hands on deck all the time. And Earl knows that because he saw what went down with James first hand, so I get him being kind of like WTF if he sees any less, especially with Bama going all out.

I do think Bama would use him better than we would, because he is a kid with a versatile skillset, so it does seem like a natural fit.

Accurate down to the last syllable.

Advertisement
Bro I wanted Mccloud off the field 2 years ago. Check the game day threads lol.

I was just pointing out just saying put someone else in doesnt always work like that. At LB they recruited /evaluated poorly. As you saw last szn the guys behind Shaq/Pinkney/Mccloud werent better.

Carter sits himself most of the time.

The Pope and Wiggins thing is more so on the offensive coach/position coach. If Lashlee wants them to sit they would/should. I have no clue as to why they didnt sit them down for a game or taken their reps..maybe they were waiting on a Harley type breakthrough...which obviously never came.
But having played college ball.....Majority of coaches go with SENIORITY for 1 reason or another...even the GOATS like SABAN/Meyer does so. I guarantee their are players ont hose teams saying they deserve reps or are better than the guys starting over them.

It appears and have for some time that at certian POSITIONS on his defense..Manny leans to seniority. That being said he still plays ALOT of players and we have seen him play younger players over certain players. So its a mix up on it.

He definately will lean to seniority at SAFETY. That position is very important in his defense. MANNY rotates a whole LB unit a few times a game. Probably more so than i seen most defenses do. I mean he takes out every one of them and runs in 3 new ones.
It will be interesting to see what happens this year with some of the Freshmen we have coming in and playing time. I’m particularly curious to see James Williams and Arroyo, as well as the WR’s. I don’t expect much from Leonard Taylor given that he’s a DT and short of Brian Bresee type size and strength, it seems those guys need S&C time though it was mentioned that he could get some DE reps.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Miami should be begging a legacy for a commitment. If he's heavily leaning Bama because he thinks he has a better chance of getting to the league from Bama than Miami, no chat or texts from Diaz is going to change that. Bama is going to have a ton of 1st round picks this year. It's impressive. I can't argue against that. Miami will have a couple of 1st round picks too. Now is Miami going to have as many 1st rounders as Bama? No. But are they going to have more 1st rounders this year than the VAST majority of teams in CFB? Absolutely. Most teams don't have one pick, let alone two. It's not Bama numbers but it should demonstrate to recruits that they can still make to the NFL from Miami. If Miami won more games, we'd likely have even more picks. Of course it becomes a catch-22. You can't win until you get top recruits, you can't get top recruits unless you win. One would think the exception to the rule would be the legacies, who wouldn't be as concerned about the W/L record and would instead want to make their own mark in Cane history. You have non legacy 5 stars like Williams who say they want to build something and make the crib great. Doesn't seem like Little Jr cares much about that- it's a business decision for him just as it is with lots of recruits. It's unfortunate, as I'd like for a legacy to care about the school as much as I do.
Funny thing about 1st rounders. The better you recruit/evaluate, the more first rounders you put out.

Rousseau was a genius evaluation, but he only played 10 games here, and he played under a guy who just got fired. So miss me with the development stuff. Phillips was the number one player in the country with incredible ability and an awesome motor. Stroud didn’t have any magic sauce with them just like Sabag didn’t with Rat Spermstain and all those 1st rounders he puts out.

When you’re signing the number one class every year you should put out the most first rounders.

All this bullshyt talk by Little is just their way of hedging. Hey don’t blame me that my son went to dance for the KKK and **** on my alma mater! Diaz didn’t break down film with him every night like Dan Orlovsky!

Advertisement
Here’s the thing. Me and a good chunk of the fanbase want Manny to succeed. We praise the recruiting and coaching hires but we also point out where we need to do better. When we so that, we have guys calling ****** fans and mopes or whatever.

We are not the people who vomit Manny sucks all over the board. We are not the people who say root for losses. We are not the people who shît on a happy moment when we land a recruit or great coaching hire. I’ve ripped that putrid dreck on here. But there are flip sides of a coin.

We praise and we criticize.
Never used the word mope towards any poster. And to criticize the program is fine, we haven’t won in 20 years, is justified. But in this instance there's just not enough information to know either way.
We are all making assumptions, some decide to go the positive route others the negative route.
After watching the video it seems like Little sr is mad that his kid hasn't been contacted as much. He might also be mad that we don't think of his son as a priority while other coaches do. If that's the case only time will tell if Manny is right or wrong.
But Little is also right to be mad that his alma mater is not recruiting his kid as hard as other big time programs, I sure would.

1614447219334.gif

Dan Morgan is arguably the best LB in our history. If that’s the bar everyone will be a failure.
ST26 is excellent I dont care about awards tbh. Good for Shaq but to me he was ok to good or decent. ST didnt win the thorpe he was still a beast, Ratliff did and he sucked which showed in the NFL. I usually wont go be award tbh, I want our guys to play there best vs elite teams thats my measuring stick not make tackles after 10 yard gains. Dont get me wrong right now ill take a Shaq but to me he wasnt all that he was good but Miami good is a different level to me. I could understand a Rutger fan clamoring over Shaq but this is UM, maybe me and u just see things differently and I am ok with that. I do miss a Shaq especially after last year, what we trotted out there was inexcusable.

Advertisement
Who said we’re supposed to ‘beg him‘ for a commitment? Apparently you got the goat cfb coach bothering to call him and the question is why we ain’t trying equally hard. No one sayong it’s about begging. That’s some sour grapes spin.

This is also sour grapes. It’s recruiting. He’s a local 5* at a position of need. You recruit him hard (or don’t at all, I guess). The half assed recruiting sure sounds weak.
You and I are constantly hammering the evaluation drum. Maybe Diaz isn’t sold on him despite the stars. I in no way see Diaz as an elite evaluator, but it could be as simple as he’s not recruiting him as hard as Sabag because he doesn’t think he’s a good as Sabag does.

This will be another one of those guys who we will all keep an eye on. He’s either going to prove the stars right or wrong. I see him as more Tracy Howard than Rat Spermstain, but we’ll see. Tracy was a good player, and I’d take him now, but he was nowhere near the guy he was hyped as.

Funny thing about 1st rounders. The better you recruit/evaluate, the more first rounders you put out.

Rousseau was a genius evaluation, but he only played 10 games here, and he played under a guy who just got fired. So miss me with the development stuff. Phillips was the number one player in the country with incredible ability and an awesome motor. Stroud didn’t have any magic sauce with them just like Sabag didn’t with Rat Spermstain and all those 1st rounders he puts out.

When you’re signing the number one class every year you should put out the most first rounders.

All this bullshyt talk by Little is just their way of hedging. Hey don’t blame me that my son went to dance for the KKK and **** on my alma mater! Diaz didn’t break down film with him every night like Dan Orlovsky!
I don’t doubt that Little will likely go to Bama or similar. Knowing that we legit likely have higher priorities on our board, I don’t care about Little per se if our coaches don’t. It raises a broader issue for me.

There are other examples of us losing out to schools we should beat out for recruits because the other school’s HC got involved in the recruitment and Manny didn’t reach out and it made the difference. Where we want a kid, and he’s a top recruit - Manny needs to make sure he’s being competitive in his own role in these top recruitments.

God forbid I point that out and the Manny Defense League goes Meir Kahane on me.

I don’t doubt that Little will likely go to Bama or similar. Knowing that we legit likely have higher priorities on our board, I don’t care about Little per se if our coaches don’t. It raises a broader issue for me.

There are other examples of us losing out to schools we should beat out for recruits because the other school’s HC got involved in the recruitment and Manny didn’t reach out and it made the difference. Where we want a kid, and he’s a top recruit - Manny needs to make sure he’s being competitive in his own role in these top recruitments.

God forbid I point that out and the Manny Defense League goes Meir Kahane on me.

Your persecution complex is massive. Just because people see things differently than you doesn’t mean anyone, me included is “defending Manny”.

Never used the word mope towards any poster. And to criticize the program is fine, we haven’t won in 20 years, is justified. But in this instance there's just not enough information to know either way.
We are all making assumptions, some decide to go the positive route others the negative route.
After watching the video it seems like Little sr is mad that his kid hasn't been contacted as much. He might also be mad that we don't think of his son as a priority while other coaches do. If that's the case only time will tell if Manny is right or wrong.
But Little is also right to be mad that his alma mater is not recruiting his kid as hard as other big time programs, I sure would.
Good post man. I support the staff not going all out for him if that’s their evaluation. But where it matters, we need our HC to be doing things to stay competitive in recruitments.

Advertisement
Back