Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

lmao. I’m not ‘worried’ about anything. I’m discussing things you apparently don’t like being discussed.

Maybe manny doesn’t value little as a recruit. Here’s what we know: we’ve poorly recruited CB since Manny’s been here. It was bad when he was DC and since he’s been Hc. As a result, we desperately need CBs. As it happens, we have a local 5* CB who’s a Cane legacy available, and Saban thinks enough of him to be contacting him regularly, and we ain’t. Maybe whatever. Maybe manny don’t like him. Maybe. Maybe manny ain’t doing it right. I’m not telling you that’s the case - I’m just noting the possibility.

Anyhow, you are pounding the table about how much Manny ‘values recruiting.’. I’m over that. He didn’t ‘value’ it enough to recruit good LBs when he was Lb corch. Doesn’t matter to me whether he ‘values’ it. I’m interested in whether he’s good at it. That doesn’t just mean a couple kids or a honeymoon year. It means a good, disciplined process for evals and relationship building. Hopefully he’s got that. But until I see evidence of it, count me as skeptical.

I counted at least six maybes in your post. You have a right to be skeptical.
But here a few more maybes. Maybe you don't know enough about the Little situation and all you doing is making assumptions. Maybe Manny doesn’t care about what Saban is doing as much as you do. And maybe having counter points to your assumptions doesn't mean I dont want things being discussed. It just means my assumptions are more positive. I might prefer to look at things as a glass half full while you are a glass half empty person.

Advertisement
3FA21931-0ED7-4F74-B463-C9C7EE77FBC0.gif

Clear the air?

Sure.

He was slowed by a lower back strain in fall camp leading up to the season.
And Wiggins and Pope dropped ball after ball, game after game yet kept starting like Zach M kept starting, like Carter got a Captain’s letter because why???

Recruiting and coaching hires are generally good. It’s ok to admit some things aren’t.

Advertisement
And Wiggins and Pope dropped ball after ball, game after game yet kept starting like Zach M kept starting, like Carter got a Captain’s letter because why???

Recruiting and coaching hires are generally good. It’s ok to admit some things aren’t.

What do they have to do with Rousseau?

What do they have to do with Rousseau?
Because you are not remotely objective and have an excuse for every situation that doesn’t reflect sunshine. It’s like pulling teeth to get you to admit that Manny should reach out to the parents of top recruits if Saban does it with his success. It’s a 2 second answer given by @OriginalCanesCanesCanes objectively.

Because you are not remotely objective and have an excuse for every situation that doesn’t reflect sunshine. It’s like pulling teeth to get you to admit that Manny should reach out to the parents of top recruits if Saban does it with his success. It’s a 2 second answer given by @OriginalCanesCanesCanes objectively.

Sigh. You’re the epitome of the pot calling the kettle man.

The point was specifically about GR. Not Pope, not Wiggins, not Little. You running straight back to beat the same drum shows the same “flaws” you so readily point out in others.

You and @RVACane make me chuckle. You make Bama comparisons and talk about development even though our recruiting hasnt even been in the same stratosphere as that program.

Those guys all came here and have now gone off to the NFL. No one who's played here has gone on to blow up beyond their draft status. So our development has been completely in line with the talent level being brought in.

Wan't more 1st rounders? Bring in a class every year with 20 Top 250 players. If not what we have done is what we will continue to see.
U said excellent and dominant let's not switch it up. That's what u said and those guys weren't that. Devonta Smith that's dominant......Shaq? C'mon bruh......not even u believe that

Advertisement
Under the circumstances I gave, and Saban reached out, would it be a good idea for Manny to do the same?
Of course it will, but that's under your assumptions.
What gocanes and others are trying to do is bring other scenarios to the table.
You can think of Manny as the worst coach ever but his recruiting classes have shown he values it.
So I really doubt he will just ignore a top target at a position of need.
Unless he really wants to fail and retire from coaching.
And I know Saban has done great but why everyone keeps mentioning that Saban wants him so we should want him.

U said excellent and dominant let's not switch it up. That's what u said and those guys weren't that. Devonta Smith that's dominant......Shaq? C'mon bruh......not even u believe that

Shaq was first team all ACC. That’s not excellent?

Advertisement
Yeah, I don’t care who the recruit is. Little isn’t the only one I’ve heard this about. If it’s a top recruit we’re after and we know that the successful competition’s head coach reaches out to the parents then our head coach should too.
Macho eluded to it also last year and we (I included) clowned him about hot dogs and soda.
But we still pulled the kids no one expected us to
And if it wasn’t for a colossal bag we would’ve landed another one.

Just like you’ve heard things from people I’ve also heard things.
And what I’ve heard is that these local kids way over play their love and desire to play here for the sole reason that it makes other schools recruit them harder.
In Jr’s case it’s evident that he’s upset that everyone is expecting his son to go to UM and the recruiting hasn’t been as he wants it to be so he has to come in and state that that’s not the case.
Jr’s Former teammate is about to go rd 1. That teammate’s dad is his HS coach. He sees Ps2 in the playoffs 4 years in a row and I’m sure they see each other every time he’s in town.

Pops threw shade at every head coach he mentioned except Saban but wants his son to get recruited.
After that video If Earl little Junior stops getting recruited it has nothing to do with people thinking he’s going to Miami. It’s going to be because everyone knows that he’s going to Alabama just like manny and dvd and trob do.

Of course it will, but that's under your assumptions.
What gocanes and others are trying to do is bring other scenarios to the table.
You can think of Manny as the worst coach ever but his recruiting classes have shown he values it.
So I really doubt he will just ignore a top target at a position of need.
Unless he really wants to fail and retire from coaching.
And I know Saban has done great but why everyone keeps mentioning that Saban wants him so we should want him.
See, there you guys go again. “You think of Manny as the worst coach ever... but his recruiting classes...” blah blah blah..

When did I say Manny is the worst coach ever?

When did I not praise the recruiting, aside from CB and LB’s, especially given our on-field performance?

When did I not praise the off-seasonhirings he’s made?

You and your compatriots at the Manny Defense League use the same broad-brush intimidation/shaming tactics on any poster who doesn’t tow your line. It doesn’t work on people who praise and criticize, only on the putrid mopes who root for losses and can’t give Manny credit for good things like recruiting and coaching hires.

Advertisement

Wiggins and Pope have nothing to do with Rousseau. Not even ont he same side of the ball.

I also remember some of yall crying about getting SHAQ and Pinkney off the field for the same Jennings group we seen last year. Some times the guys behind arent better at that particular time man. It aint a video game.

Carter get a Captain Letter because.....maybe he is a captain and a leader and does all the things they ask of him. Sh*T we dont know. That has nothing to do with anything else.

I think this thread is a bunch of B.S. Also its become a mope congregation for those that dont like Manny that havent had anything to b*tch about for a week or so so its time to unite. Who tf cares if he hasnt broke down coverages or called parents like 2 weeks into a recruiting cycle?. I could see if this was summer or october...its got **** February.

Wiggins and Pope have nothing to do with Rousseau. Not even ont he same side of the ball.

I also remember some of yall crying about getting SHAQ and Pinkney off the field for the same Jennings group we seen last year. Some times the guys behind arent better at that particular time man. It aint a video game.

Carter get a Captain Letter because.....maybe he is a captain and a leader and does all the things they ask of him. Sh*T we dont know. That has nothing to do with anything else.

I think this thread is a bunch of B.S. Also its become a mope congregation for those that dont like Manny that havent had anything to b*tch about for a week or so so its time to unite. Who tf cares if he hasnt broke down coverages or called parents like 2 weeks into a recruiting cycle?. I could see if this was summer or october...its got **** February.

Youre making too much sense man.

Macho eluded to it also last year and we (I included) clowned him about hot dogs and soda.
But we still pulled the kids no one expected us to
And if it wasn’t for a colossal bag we would’ve landed another one.

Just like you’ve heard things from people I’ve also heard things.
And what I’ve heard is that these local kids way over play their love and desire to play here for the sole reason that it makes other schools recruit them harder.
In Jr’s case it’s evident that he’s upset that everyone is expecting his son to go to UM and the recruiting hasn’t been as he wants it to be so he has to come in and state that that’s not the case.
Jr’s Former teammate is about to go rd 1. That teammate’s dad is his HS coach. He sees Ps2 in the playoffs 4 years in a row and I’m sure they see each other every time he’s in town.

Pops threw shade at every head coach he mentioned except Saban but wants his son to get recruited.
After that video If Earl little Junior stops getting recruited it has nothing to do with people thinking he’s going to Miami. It’s going to be because everyone knows that he’s going to Alabama just like manny and dvd and trob do.
I agree with most of this. The video interview bothers me because it was what I just heard about another recruitment which was not against a Bama type school and was very winnable. So Manny not reaching out to top recruits and/or their parents like Saban and making them feel like the HC wants them and is showing it by involvement- raises questions for me about our methodology and whether this is pervasive or more isolated.

Advertisement
Back