Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Yeah, like I said earlier. If we were winning like Bama, the rings and chain wouldn’t bother people the same way. But we’re not so no one wants to see it.
The chain *****ing is version 1000 of “I hate manny”.

If we like Little, Manny should call him. He should probably call him either way because we have experience that butthurt ex players make noise. (But not sure it would matter on multiple levels)

That said, if we call him, hustle hard, the flip side is “we put all our eggs in the basket of a kid clearly going to Alabama....can’t even lock down a legacy”.... the cut and pastes are prepared man ... people are just hovering with their mouse waiting to strike...

Advertisement
The chain *****ing is version 1000 of “I hate manny”.

If we like Little, Manny should call him. He should probably call him either way because we have experience that butthurt ex players make noise. (But not sure it would matter on multiple levels)

That said, if we call him, hustle hard, the flip side is “we put all our eggs in the basket of a kid clearly going to Alabama”.... the cut and pastes are prepared man ... people are just hovering with their mouse waiting to strike...
The rings would still annoy me even if we were winning. Lol.

I think Manny should probably call him for the reason you said come to think of it. But I do think he should call him because we strike out on targets and priorities change - for us, for Bama... who knows. So at least check that box off so if we decide to circle back, we don’t have to overcome that issue and we’ve already laid the HC groundwork in a timely manner.

The rings would still annoy me even if we were winning. Lol.

I think Manny should probably call him for the reason you said come to think of it. But I do think he should call him because we strike out on targets and priorities change - for us, for Bama... who knows. So at least check that box off so if we decide to circle back, we don’t have to overcome that issue and we’ve already laid the HC groundwork in a timely manner.
15-0???

99E4C2F6-DA9B-41F9-B934-C59FC8AA1DA2.gif

Advertisement
The coaches did that last year with Palmetto when they slow played Collins. Still ended up getting Taylor and Smith.

That's true. I'd say the situations are different for many reasons. Little Jr. is much better than Collins. Little and his two teammates attended the same school longer than Taylor and Smith did with Collins. Collins' dad is not a former UMiami alum who played in the NFL who now happens to coach Taylor and Smith, as is in this context.

The coaches did that last year with Palmetto when they slow played Collins. Still ended up getting Taylor and Smith.
Collins wasn't slow played until he started acting wishy washy with his commitment.... Which wasn't that far away from when he first committed.

My goodness u said dominant players? Have u forgotten who has worn that uniform. My goodness if those are excellent to dominant players in college u tripping. There is no way that u being serious I would bet my *** 80% of the CIS board disagree with u.

You and @RVACane make me chuckle. You make Bama comparisons and talk about development even though our recruiting hasnt even been in the same stratosphere as that program.

Those guys all came here and have now gone off to the NFL. No one who's played here has gone on to blow up beyond their draft status. So our development has been completely in line with the talent level being brought in.

Wan't more 1st rounders? Bring in a class every year with 20 Top 250 players. If not what we have done is what we will continue to see.

Last edited:
You and @RVACane make me chuckle. You make Bama comparisons and talk about development even though our recruiting hasnt even been in the same stratosphere as that program.

Those guys all came here and have now gone off to the NFL. No one who's played here has gone on to blow up beyond their draft status. So our development has been completely in line with the talent level being brought in.

Wan't more 1st rounders? Bring in a class every year with 20 Top 250 players. If not what we have done is what we will continue to see. G
Right so to get those 20 Top 250 players like Saban, if Nicky’s reached out to the parents of Top Recruits with calls, do you think Manny should be doing the same outreach?

Advertisement
Right so to get those 20 Top 250 players like Saban, if Nicky’s reached no out to the parents of Top Recruits with calls, do you think Manny should be doing the same outreach?
Clearly the answer to your question is..... Mario

Right so to get those 20 Top 250 players like Saban, if Nicky’s reached no out to the parents of Top Recruits with calls, do you think Manny should be doing the same outreach?

Of course, under your purposely skewed and narrowed down scenario he should. But again in the broader picture, if ANY head coach, not just Manny isn't speaking regularly with a top rated kid, 99 out of a hundred times its because the kid has no interest not the coach.

Of course, under your purposely skewed and narrowed down scenario he should. But again in the broader picture, if ANY head coach, not just Manny isn't speaking regularly with a top rated kid, 99 out of a hundred times its because the kid has no interest not the coach.
The parents though. They’re interested. And we’re talking about reaching out to the parents.

And don’t think it doesn’t mean something to the kids that the HC calls, even if they don’t want to talk. It made a difference in a winnable recruitment we lost.

Advertisement
So our development has been completely in line with the talent level being brought in.
It cannot be seriously disputed that either our development or our evaluations have not been up to par (you can think it is one or the other, but one of them is clearly a problem). @Rellyrell recrntly posted some facts that demonstrate what many of us have been saying: over the last 16 years our record in the ACC has not matched our recruiting rank in the ACC. So either we aren't developing talent to the level we recruit it, or we aren't hitting on enough of the talented recruits we bring in.

It cannot be seriously disputed that either our development or our evaluations have not been up to par (you can think it is one or the other, but one of them is clearly a problem). @Rellyrell recrntly posted some facts that demonstrate what many of us have been saying: over the last 16 years our record in the ACC has not matched our recruiting rank in the ACC. So either we aren't developing talent to the level we recruit it, or we aren't hitting on enough of the talented recruits we bring in.

Or our game day preparation and coaching has consistently been abysmal during that stretch.

Dozens of Individually talented guys like Duke, Dee Jay, Brevin and Kaaya have all put up numbers here, but bad coaching on Saturdays has cost us more games than I care to count.

He gets them though. That’s what matters first and foremost. And if he’s reaching out to parents, as part of that success, shouldn’t Manny be doing the same?

Not everyone in this thread can answer that simple, obvious question.
Manny has been here 3 years. DVD has been In contact with some kids since the 8th grade. T-rob has as much sofla connections and info on the local kids as anyone else.
They either know that Jr or senior do not want anything to do with UM or he’s not high on their board for whatever reason.

Sr had no business talking about what Saban did but he did it anyway. And imo he did it for a reason. We have 2 former nfl players as coaches for that position and one of them is a proven “developer” as everyone including Sr likes to say.

Saban has a bunch of staff to help run his program and hasn’t had to replace and reshuffle his defensive staff so I’ll give him a pass for not calling dad.
But imo no way I’m calling now after he just laid out his excuse for not coming, had jr clown him and solidified things that maybe he has already heard

Advertisement
The guys who could be massive stars sit on the bench behind seniors here like Rousseau.
FIFY

Let's not forget that our best DL is decades, sat on the bench behind upperclassmen who were less productive and athletic.

This staff still have to prove they can develop the talent they are begging to stay home

FIFY

Let's not forget that our best DL is decades, sat on the bench behind upperclassmen who were less productive and athletic.

This staff still have to prove they can develop the talent they are begging to stay home

This is a CIS urban legend. He was coming off multiple injury and still played a ton of snaps while coming back.

Manny has been here 3 years. DVD has been In contact with some kids since the 8th grade. T-rob has as much sofla connections and info on the local kids as anyone else.
They either know that Jr or senior do not want anything to do with UM or he’s not high on their board for whatever reason.

Sr had no business talking about what Saban did but he did it anyway. And imo he did it for a reason. We have 2 former nfl players as coaches for that position and one of them is a proven “developer” as everyone including Sr likes to say.

Saban has a bunch of staff to help run his program and hasn’t had to replace and reshuffle his defensive staff so I’ll give him a pass for not calling dad.
But imo no way I’m calling now after he just laid out his excuse for not coming, had jr clown him and solidified things that maybe he has already heard
Yeah, I don’t care who the recruit is. Little isn’t the only one I’ve heard this about. If it’s a top recruit we’re after and we know that the successful competition’s head coach reaches out to the parents then our head coach should too.

Advertisement
Back