Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Isn't the most likely and logical scenario that the kid has no desire to play here?

Just cause he doesn't say it publicly doesn't mean we don't already know that.
Let’s ASSUME we’ve already evaluated him and think he’s a top player at the CB position. We learn that Saban has reached out to the kid recently and the father and that it was important to both the kid and the father and that Manny hasn’t done as Saban has here. Let’s also ASSUME that there isn’t a dead period issue in place.

Under these narrowly defined ASSUMPTIONS, do you think it might be a good idea for Manny to reach out to both the kid and the father?

Advertisement
Let’s ASSUME we’ve already evaluated him and think he’s a top player at the CB position. We learn that Saban has reached out to the kid recently and the father and that it was important to both the kid and the father and that Manny hasn’t done as Saban has here. Let’s also ASSUME that there isn’t a dead period issue in place.

Under these narrowly defined ASSUMPTIONS, do you think it might be a good idea for Manny to reach out to both the kid and the father?

Yes. Good idea.

Now let’s assume that, as has been reported by several people that write on recruiting regularly, that dad and son are very heavy bammer leans.

And let’s also assume that Manny has been told no chance by dad, out of respect for his alma mater.

In other words, who the fūck knows.

Yes. Good idea.

Now let’s assume that, as has been reported by several people that write on recruiting regularly, that dad and son are very heavy bammer leans.

And let’s also assume that Manny has been told no chance by dad, out of respect for his alma mater.

In other words, who the fūck knows.
I literally want @Go Canes!! to answer it. I can find common ground with you - it’s been a struggle with him.

And if Earl told Manny that then they would have had a conversation and Earl would then be saying an outright lie.

I didn’t see the actual video posted in here, so here’s the link. If you want the references to the Manny thing, first is around 44:00 and the second is around 1:56:30.

‪‬

It’s the easier path I guess.

I wouldn’t take that path. I think it’s better to say the truth because it’s a fact. “I’m a Cane and love my school but my first loyalty is to my child. My child picked where he wanted to play. A lot has changed since I played. Bama in recent history, has won multiple National Championships and has multiple high round draft picks every year. Miami hasn’t and doesn’t. It’s a business decision.”
I wonder if Sr could be in the camp of ex players that don’t like Manny

Advertisement
Could be. We just had one post that Earl doesn’t like the gimmicks and the nonsense.
Indeed.

Clearly the allure of the chain has prevented the team from being successful for 20 years. It’s distasteful compared to the turnover belt....and we shouldn’t have any part of it because programs like Alabama would never....

Back in the glory days we never did anything like running out through smoke or other attention grabbing showmanship....

Dude... Chime in. People have gone into Manny Defense Mode.
Honestly, from my perspective it seems like Miami hasn’t made him a top priority. Just comparing the way you heard about recruitment last year with LT and James Williams, you got the feeling it was all hands on deck all the time. And Earl knows that because he saw what went down with James first hand, so I get him being kind of like WTF if he sees any less, especially with Bama going all out.

I do think Bama would use him better than we would, because he is a kid with a versatile skillset, so it does seem like a natural fit.

Advertisement
Honestly, from my perspective it seems like Miami hasn’t made him a top priority. Just comparing the way you heard about recruitment last year with LT and James Williams, you got the feeling it was all hands on deck all the time. And Earl knows that because he saw what went down with James first hand, so I get him being kind of like WTF if he sees any less, especially with Bama going all out.

I do think Bama would use him better than we would, because he is a kid with a versatile skillset, so it does seem like a natural fit.
Extremely solid call on the comparison.

Great show and good stuff here. This seems to be the take of a few on here, including D$. It’s odd that we wouldn’t want a local kid at a position of need that Bama wants. Do you think our coaches did their evals and think he’s overrated or there are other kids we are on who are rated lower but better? Last year we were on Kinchens at Safety. Collier had the higher rating but our coaches felt otherwise. Is it a similar thing?

I think 99 out of a hundred times the most logical answer is the correct one. This one is no different.

Indeed.

Clearly the allure of the chain has prevented the team from being successful for 20 years. It’s distasteful compared to the turnover belt....and we shouldn’t have any part of it because programs like Alabama would never....

Back in the glory days we never did anything like running out through smoke or other attention grabbing showmanship....
Those gimmicks wouldn’t bother people as much if we were winning like Bama. Back in the day the players did their own **** on the field as we were destroying teams.

Advertisement

Why wouldn’t we want a skilled cornerback with a versatile skill set in a position of absolute need? How does this make him less useful to us, but more useful to Alabama? I don’t understand this.

I think 99 out of a hundred times the most logical answer is the correct one. This one is no different.
Nah, see you won’t even answer a narrowly constructed question which simply asks you if we are both Chasing a Kid and we both think he’s a stud player at a position of need and we know Saban has reached out in the recruitment and the father and son both appreciated it, would it be a good idea for Manny to follow suit???

See @OriginalCanesCanesCanes - this is the issue. You’re fair and try to be objective. I don’t always agree with you and likewise you with me but you answered a simple obvious question. @Go Canes!! is beyond help when it comes to this.

Advertisement
Nah, see you won’t even answer a narrowly constructed question which simply asks you if we are both Chasing a Kid and we both think he’s a stud player at a position of need and we know Saban has reached out in the recruitment and the father and So. Both appreciated it, would it be a good idea for Manny to follow suit???

See @OriginalCanesCanesCanes - this is the issue. You’re fair and try to be objective. I don’t always agree with you and likewise you with me but you answered a simple obvious question. @Go Canes!! is beyond help when it comes to this.

I did answer your question. In my opinion the most likely scenario is the Littles are saying the right things publicly but privately we are fully aware we have no shot.

I may be wrong but that's what I think. All your hypotheticals aren't changing that. We have all seen how we recruit when a player is wanted or a possibility, ignoring a kid has never been part of that process.

I can tell you one thing about earl. Ain't nothing bout false narratives would ever cross his mind. He's a genuine dude and good people. He loves this university. Like plenty of us however he's disgusted with the gimmicks and nonsense.

Bro; well that didn’t make me feel any better. I was holding out hope that maybe he was sending a msg to push us to do a little more.

I did answer your question. In my opinion the most likely scenario is the Littles are saying the right things publicly but privately we are fully aware we have no shot.

I may be wrong but that's what I think. All your hypotheticals aren't changing that. We have all seen how we recruit when a player is wanted or a possibility, ignoring a kid has never been part of that process.
Under the circumstances I gave, and Saban reached out, would it be a good idea for Manny to do the same?

Those gimmicks wouldn’t bother people as much if we were winning like Bama. Back in the day the players did their own **** on the field as we were destroying teams.
******* gimmicks and nonsense gets us every time.... 5 regimes in a row....

Advertisement
Back