Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
I just want our Head Coach to reach out to recruits and their parents if we want them and they’re highly ranked if that’s what’s needed to stay competitive with others doing that. If he’s not a priority then that’s fine as that’s all there is to it.

So you dont think Manny is or ever was involved with any highly ranked recruits???

Have you read the thread its Manny sucks day and ready my post I didnt say it was you why yall guys always getting so cry baby about nothing Im literally happy and now you getting ****ed smh
You’re trying to turn this into another “all of you are Manny haters” thing. This is the crazy statement you made trying to tie me to it

👇👇👇👇👇👇

CACF8F43-DB40-43A8-9E4B-7DF7410378C4.jpeg

Last edited:
No one is triggered, if anyone is, is you with your long *** posts.
I think you are the one that cant handle discussion and others opinion.
You like to talk about evaluations but you are more worried about Saban and who he wants.
Who cares what Saban is doing, like people have said maybe Little jr is not high on Manny’s board.
You are complaining about Manny not contacting a player that Saban contacted.
Before you complain you know what answers you should look for, can coaches contact recruits.
How high is Little on our board and how much do we want him.
We just had one of the best recruiting classes in a long time, mainly with local players.
Manny still thought it was necessary to improve the recruiting staff and he did.
That's how much he values recriuting so is too premature to start questioning our methods in recriuting.
lmao. I’m not ‘worried’ about anything. I’m discussing things you apparently don’t like being discussed.

Maybe manny doesn’t value little as a recruit. Here’s what we know: we’ve poorly recruited CB since Manny’s been here. It was bad when he was DC and since he’s been Hc. As a result, we desperately need CBs. As it happens, we have a local 5* CB who’s a Cane legacy available, and Saban thinks enough of him to be contacting him regularly, and we ain’t. Maybe whatever. Maybe manny don’t like him. Maybe. Maybe manny ain’t doing it right. I’m not telling you that’s the case - I’m just noting the possibility.

Anyhow, you are pounding the table about how much Manny ‘values recruiting.’. I’m over that. He didn’t ‘value’ it enough to recruit good LBs when he was Lb corch. Doesn’t matter to me whether he ‘values’ it. I’m interested in whether he’s good at it. That doesn’t just mean a couple kids or a honeymoon year. It means a good, disciplined process for evals and relationship building. Hopefully he’s got that. But until I see evidence of it, count me as skeptical.

Advertisement
Yeah evals are always a question and I agree with you on the Lb thing but as a head coach I think he's done well as a recruiter its been 2 classes and hopefully this one takes another step
I’m with you on that hope. I think he’s had one good class. Want to see us stack a second one on top of it. We haven’t had two good classes in a row in 20 years iirc.

You might be right. And there are certainly past examples of kids/parents doing just that so they can put the blame on UM instead of owning the truth (i.e., that they were never coming). But even then, our HC should do everything in his power to avoid giving them that easy out, especially when a legacy is involved.

And we don’t know what Manny is doing, do we?

Yet people act like they do know what he’s doing.

I’m just not going to make any assumptions.

I’m not over emotional in any direction.

But it’s just that some people are, they just want to confirm whatever bias they have. In this case, people desperately want to believe Manny is sitting on his hands because the dad is saying Manny hasn’t been breaking down film with him or called

But we have no real context.

Is this just a a setup so as to run interference for the fact that apparently dad really wants son to go to bammer as has been reported?

Do we even know if the rules even allow for coaches to make initial contact - seems like that would be a pretty important thing, and a question to have followed up with dad on. Nobody asked him that.

And obviously, the Miami coaches can’t speak to it, as the rules forbid it.

lmao. I’m not ‘worried’ about anything. I’m discussing things you apparently don’t like being discussed.

Maybe manny doesn’t value little as a recruit. Here’s what we know: we’ve poorly recruited CB since Manny’s been here. It was bad when he was DC and since he’s been Hc. As a result, we desperately need CBs. As it happens, we have a local 5* CB who’s a Cane legacy available, and Saban thinks enough of him to be contacting him regularly, and we ain’t. Maybe whatever. Maybe manny don’t like him. Maybe. Maybe manny ain’t doing it right. I’m not telling you that’s the case - I’m just noting the possibility.

Anyhow, you are pounding the table about how much Manny ‘values recruiting.’. I’m over that. He didn’t ‘value’ it enough to recruit good LBs when he was Lb corch. Doesn’t matter to me whether he ‘values’ it. I’m interested in whether he’s good at it. That doesn’t just mean a couple kids or a honeymoon year. It means a good, disciplined process for evals and relationship building. Hopefully he’s got that. But until I see evidence of it, count me as skeptical.
There is an element of Slurperhood on CIS who literally can’t have an objective discussion about it.

Advertisement
And we don’t know what Manny is doing, do we?

Yet people act like they do know what he’s doing.

I’m just not going to make any assumptions.

I’m not over emotional in any direction.

But it’s just that some people are, they just want to confirm whatever bias they have. In this case, people desperately want to believe Manny is sitting on his hands because the dad is saying Manny hasn’t been breaking down film with him or called

But we have no real context.

Is this just a a setup so as to run interference for the fact that apparently dad really wants son to go to bammer as has been reported?

Do we even know if the rules even allow for coaches to make initial contact - seems like that would be a pretty important thing, and a question to have followed up with dad on. Nobody asked him that.

And obviously, the Miami coaches can’t speak to it, as the rules forbid it.
What a weird comment.

You’re the one bending over backwards to make up alternative explanations (while claiming you don’t want to make up any ‘assumptions’), then claiming people who are discussing the only facts we actually have are the ‘biased’ ones.

His Dad is a Cane, he’s a legacy, I haven’t yet heard someone say Earl Little has something against Miami. So your conspiracy theories sound like just that. Maybe Saban’s just trying harder. Maybe, right?

Advertisement
I’d prefer the “kid wants to forge his own path”...

No blame. No BS. No hard feelings.
It’s the easier path I guess.

I wouldn’t take that path. I think it’s better to say the truth because it’s a fact. “I’m a Cane and love my school but my first loyalty is to my child. My child picked where he wanted to play. A lot has changed since I played. Bama in recent history, has won multiple National Championships and has multiple high round draft picks every year. Miami hasn’t and doesn’t. It’s a business decision.”

this.

if anyone thinks Saban is texting some HS sophomore each week, asking how things went in homeroom, .... then you have ZERO clue how Saban (or recruiting) really operates.

HOWEVER, for many, (not all but a lot), of the top prospects in South Florida, the bag matters. It makes a difference, and has made a difference since the days of Eddie Sapp dropping cash for Bobby Bowden. The bag game has become more sophisticated, but it's still there.

Ask @Liberty City El ..... If you look at the past 5-10 years, and the number of (KEY) South Florida kids we lost because we didn't pay, you'd never stop throwing up. Ask him, he's as close to what happens as anyone. Not all, but definitely enough to make a difference between earning rings, and banging your head against a wall.
You guys gotta stop with that. Make the people accountable where u should. We haven't had rings for ever for a multitude of reasons. Reason numero uno in a landslide is coaching and evals. We've had plenty of talent coming through here in the last 20 years yet we've had **** results throughout. Look at the coaches we've had and their staffs. When are we gonna stop relying on dudes who barely played this game to teach elite athletes how to bring out the apex predator in them? Trob was a football guy. He wasn't the greatest by a mile but he took to coaching and understands how to communicate his points with this generation. I'm praying dvd gets a lil more vocal, a LOT more serious and changed up that homeboy approach he shares with these kids. I love my coaches to death but I'll be damned if anyone of them wanted to be best friends and kick the bobo while we were around them. Coaches are parental figures that you should have a healthy amount of fear and respect for. That's it on that relationship at this level.

Advertisement
What a weird comment.

You’re the one bending over backwards to make up alternative explanations (while claiming you don’t want to make up any ‘assumptions’), then claiming people who are discussing the only facts we actually have are the ‘biased’ ones.

His Dad is a Cane, he’s a legacy, I haven’t yet heard someone say Earl Little has something against Miami. So your conspiracy theories sound like just that. Maybe Saban’s just trying harder. Maybe, right?

Ethenic, maybe Saban is trying harder, I don’t know, I don’t have ten thousand words in this thread desperately trying to make a point, if you want to get into weird shlt.

Or I’m not a porster with a misspelled player’s name, if you want to get into some really weird and stupid shlt.

I’m just trying to bring up the other side of the coin in that there are other possibilities here other than rank incompetence by the head coach. I know that’s what you desperately want it to indicate, and maybe that’s it. Maybe he’s a complete boob that isn’t contacting his top CB candidate.

But the difference between you and me is that I allow for other possibilities based on what’s actually known, and I don’t root for the worst possible outcome.

Hold up;

Wait a cot **** minute.

See; this is what be ****ing me off come recruiting season, the narrative constantly changes to protect a coach.

When Earl Little Jr’s name came on the scene, it was said he was a must get. This was last yr. Now that Sr came on & said Manny hasn’t had much contact w/ him or his son, yet Saban has.....now it’s “well Little is priority on C.I.S board, but not Miami’s.”

So this kid is a top 150 player in the nation regardless of position, a high four star, playing at a powerhouse program in our backyard, a legacy, and he’s at a position of DIRE need, and he’s not #1 on our board??

Listen; again...I don’t know if Manny has contacted or been in constant contact or not. What I do know is we’ve had this propensity of F’ing up evals, shooting for the wrong players, or getting stuck on one or two players who leave us hanging.

@dsddcane already said & the data provides that Manny is more support than a recruiter. His resume as a primary pales in comparison to his resume as support (which Banda led the way on a lot of these guys).

The class of ‘21 doesn’t change chit here. We got Williams & Taylor. That’s great but

-Coker got Eleven 5 stars from ‘02-‘05.
-Golden got Duke & Tracy in the class of ‘12.
-Shannon got Brown, Fortson, & Harris in the class of ‘08.
-Richt got Lingard & BJ (#1 TE in the nation) in the class of ‘18.

Every single coach from Coker - Diaz have signed 5 stars early in their tenure here. One class doesn’t change habits. We’re in no position to be slow recruiting top kids in our backyard. That’s how we almost lost Couch & Bandy!

Anyways, I’m hoping Sr is pushing a false narrative, & smoke screens are going up; b/c if true.....well, we better just have one helluva season.
I can tell you one thing about earl. Ain't nothing bout false narratives would ever cross his mind. He's a genuine dude and good people. He loves this university. Like plenty of us however he's disgusted with the gimmicks and nonsense.

Not to derail, but i thought he was gonna be a dude his sophomore year. His game vs Florida is probably the best game a DB had with Miami from basically Randy’s time to Richt’s. They ****ed him up. McCord too
It's a long list of kids who deserved far better than we did by them.

Advertisement
Back