Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

It’s a smokescreen so the kid has an excuse to go to Bama.

You might be right. And there are certainly past examples of kids/parents doing just that so they can put the blame on UM instead of owning the truth (i.e., that they were never coming). But even then, our HC should do everything in his power to avoid giving them that easy out, especially when a legacy is involved.

Advertisement
Btw can someone tell me the last legacy kid that actually worked out for us...not saying not to recruit any but I legit can't think of any

First, no one here has even tried to convince you that Diaz 'hasn't made any contact with the kid.' That's a ridiculous strawman and a great example of why discussions here are impossible. Talk about confirmation bias! You're inventing the theory you're trying to disprove.
Sure. Your whole diatribe might hold a little bit of water, if that (what you quoted) is actually what I said. But, it’s not. You left off the operative qualifier “since X” just so you could build a straw man to fight my imaginary straw man. Genius.

And, yes. This whole discussion started because someone tried to do precisely that.
34320455-3055-4A17-AB13-53BF44FE0AC4.png

As for the rest of your post, I’ll get back to it in a bit. I’ve got a 345 tee time.

Last edited:
Well if Manny was or wasn’t keeping in contact with the Little’s I gotta believe at this point he has heard or heard about the podcast and contact has picked up considerably by all the coaches,Manny included, IF Little Jr is a priority and if what the old man said is fact

So if the old man isn’t using this non-contact excuse as just that an excuse setting up the kid to Bama there should be plenty of time in the next 9-10 months for the Miami coaches to “ show the kid some love” and change his mind.

But I have a question and it was mentioned above...we are still in a dead period and being in a dead period doesn’t the player have to initiate contact or is that wrong cause if that is right wouldn’t the amount of contact depend on how much contact the Little’s are initiating ?

Maybe someone could answer this cause I’m sure I’m not the only one wondering about this..TIA

Well if Manny was or wasn’t keeping in contact with the Little’s I gotta believe at this point he has heard or heard about the podcast and contact has picked up considerably by all the coaches,Manny included, IF Little Jr is a priority and if what the old nan

So if the old man isn’t using this non-contact excuse as just that an excuse setting up the kid to Bama there should be plenty of time in the next 9-10 months for the Miami coaches to “ show the kid some love” and change his mind.

But I have a question and it was mentioned above...we are still in a dead period and being in a dead period doesn’t the player have to initiate contact or is that wrong cause if that is right wouldn’t the amount of contact depend on how much contact the Little’s are initiating ?

Maybe someone could answer this cause I’m sure I’m not the only one wondering about this..TIA
During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

Advertisement
During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.
Thanks appreciate you straightening that out for me.I thought the player had to initiate the contact.How would a Zoom call be classified 🤷‍♂️

Hold up;

Wait a cot **** minute.

See; this is what be ****ing me off come recruiting season, the narrative constantly changes to protect a coach.

When Earl Little Jr’s name came on the scene, it was said he was a must get. This was last yr. Now that Sr came on & said Manny hasn’t had much contact w/ him or his son, yet Saban has.....now it’s “well Little is priority on C.I.S board, but not Miami’s.”

So this kid is a top 150 player in the nation regardless of position, a high four star, playing at a powerhouse program in our backyard, a legacy, and he’s at a position of DIRE need, and he’s not #1 on our board??

Listen; again...I don’t know if Manny has contacted or been in constant contact or not. What I do know is we’ve had this propensity of F’ing up evals, shooting for the wrong players, or getting stuck on one or two players who leave us hanging.

@dsddcane already said & the data provides that Manny is more support than a recruiter. His resume as a primary pales in comparison to his resume as support (which Banda led the way on a lot of these guys).

The class of ‘21 doesn’t change chit here. We got Williams & Taylor. That’s great but

-Coker got Eleven 5 stars from ‘02-‘05.
-Golden got Duke & Tracy in the class of ‘12.
-Shannon got Brown, Fortson, & Harris in the class of ‘08.
-Richt got Lingard & BJ (#1 TE in the nation) in the class of ‘18.

Every single coach from Coker - Diaz have signed 5 stars early in their tenure here. One class doesn’t change habits. We’re in no position to be slow recruiting top kids in our backyard. That’s how we almost lost Couch & Bandy!

Anyways, I’m hoping Sr is pushing a false narrative, & smoke screens are going up; b/c if true.....well, we better just have one helluva season.

Advertisement
I find this hard to believe. Anybody really believe that Little Jr., a Cane legacy in our own backyard, a top CB target and goes to a local top talent high school, and we have two elite DB recruiters on staff, and the kid isn't getting enough attention from us? There's obviously much more to this story.
He didn’t say that exactly. He mentioned DVD and TRob but It was more that Saban talks with the kid about schemes and breaking plays down - and recently and Saban has reached out to the father - Manny hasn’t.

This is what the father said. I know this isn’t the only situation where another HC’s involvement vs our HC’s non-involvement has occurred and raised as a factor.

The issue of whether it even matters because we’re not getting Little anyhow is separate. We probably aren’t. The impact would be irrelevant here most likely. But there are situations where it could matter. Some of us just want to make sure we’re doing the things we can do. Then the chips will fall where they do.

Maybe. But there's a difference between Manny's approach of letting other guys set things up and then going from there, and Saban being personally engaged with the kid for a longer period of time already.

I know we hear we're on some kids early, but I don't hear much that MANNY is on them early. Not even judging whether he shouldn't be or it should be others. But there are choices involved.

I'd like to see him get better as a head coach and manager of recruiting.
He was in early on James Williams, Greg Rousseau..i guess he picks and chooses. But i agree. He should (not sure) if he is....with Julian Armella (hispanic connection).
Earl Little jr is getting alot of run on here because he is a legacy. Saban is out of state and he is doing his part. Manny might be involved with the kid in Miss at cb...we just dont know.

ME PERSONALLY I AGREE with you though..I think Manny should be involved more so with recruiting levels. That could be his gift. But in this situation regardless if Manny is giving smiley emoji facetimes...the goat db coach is still on him. Thats going to be the story.

Hold up;

Wait a cot **** minute.

See; this is what be ****ing me off come recruiting season, the narrative constantly changes to protect a coach.

When Earl Little Jr’s name came on the scene, it was said he was a must get. This was last yr. Now that Sr came on & said Manny hasn’t had much contact w/ him or his son, yet Saban has.....now it’s “well Little is priority on C.I.S board, but not Miami’s.”

So this kid is a top 150 player in the nation regardless of position, a high four star, playing at a powerhouse program in our backyard, a legacy, and he’s at a position of DIRE need, and he’s not #1 on our board??

Listen; again...I don’t know if Manny has contacted or been in constant contact or not. What I do know is we’ve had this propensity of F’ing up evals, shooting for the wrong players, or getting stuck on one or two players who leave us hanging.

@dsddcane already said & the data provides that Manny is more support than a recruiter. His resume as a primary pales in comparison to his resume as support (which Banda led the way on a lot of these guys).

The class of ‘21 doesn’t change chit here. We got Williams & Taylor. That’s great but

Every single coach from Coker - Diaz have signed 5 stars early in their tenure here. One class doesn’t change habits. We’re in no position to be slow recruiting top kids in our backyard. That’s how we almost lost Couch & Bandy!

Anyways, I’m hoping Sr is pushing a false narrative, & smoke screens are going up; b/c if true.....well, we better just have one helluva season.
You do realize that a recruiting board can change especially this early in the cycle and a new coaching staff. Also I do agree that he should be a priority but what do I know Manny and TRob knows better than I do and this is the problem I have with fans yall make no issue comparing Manny with all the bad stuff but Manny also recruited a top 15 class after losing to FIU and La Tech and after calling him the bartender for years now banda getting all the credit

Last edited:
DIdn't we just sign two 5* on defense this past cycle and Jake Garcia??? Like how do yall know Manny is not involved with Rodgers, Fegans, Bissainthe, Stewart, Lyons the QB Jacurri Brown...like the head coach doesn't recruit every kid and maybe this kid isnt as high for Manny and staff and we will find out soon enough if thats the right decision...but of course yall have to push yall negative agendas every chance yall get....have at it tho
This.

Advertisement
Hold up;

Wait a cot **** minute.

Find one of my post on here on me speaking really speaking on Little. **** i probably speak more on his teammate Spells who i like.

Just like on here and other sites ive seen Mullen hyped and ive came on here and said i aint like him too tough.

They are setting there board currently...let the spring play out.

Its south florida though...if we dont have a relative or coach complaining during a cycle ...it aint right.

*Only responded to it because i took the bolded to be towards me

Last edited:
Wow! @Canes Legacy @bradtejeda

First, great show.
2nd, for those who missed it, Earl Little, SR’s talked to Saban but not Manny? Manny texted Jr last month. Saban breaks down film. Meanwhile over at Manny’s place - all crickets.

smh

Same shît I heard from someone in the know and tied to a recruitment about a top recruit we lost recently. Other head coaches get involved and help recruit the big star kids while ours - not so much.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Anyone who legit compares anything we do to ANYTHING bama does right now is setting themselves up for disappointment. Ill give you a fact though. Saban does next to nothing until late in the game when recruiting season really kicks in. All the established schools recruit late in the cycle. Not before. Now is about establishing relationships as position coaches for kids a couple years or more out. Our problem is we can't grasp elite kids require early evals, decisive evals and sticking to them. Our wishy washy ways lead kids in opposite directions. When u don't have the results to back up things you get left behind.
U talking to people who have there entire upper torso inside their ***. They can't see what other people see they see what they want to see.

Advertisement
Bro, I’ve said this for a while:

Tracy might not have had a long NFL career due to physical limitations, but we did ruin him.

I point to his sophomore yr; dude made an unbelievable instinctual read against UVA by coming off his man, jumping a route for the pick 6. 1st play of the game, too. My man was celebrating w the team, comes to the sidelines & D’No rips him on the sidelines for “free lancing.”

Tracy had a helluva sophomore yr, but my man was literally never the same after that. The whole “do ur job & don’t free lance” mantra under Golden hurt a lot of guys.
Not to derail, but i thought he was gonna be a dude his sophomore year. His game vs Florida is probably the best game a DB had with Miami from basically Randy’s time to Richt’s. They ****ed him up. McCord too

Find one of my post on here on me speaking really speaking on Little. **** i probably speak more on his teammate Spells who i like.

Just like on here and other istes ive seen Mullen hyped and ive came on here and said i aint like him too tough.

They are setting there board currently...let the spring play out.

Its south florida though...if we dont have a relative or coach complaining during a cycle ...it aint right.

Never mentioned ur name, chief.

You do realize that a recruiting board can change especially this early in the cycle. Also I do agree that he should be a priority but what do I know Manny and TRob knows better than I do and this is the problem I have with fans yall make no issue comparing Manny with all the bad stuff but Manny also recruited a top 15 class after losing to FIU and La Tech and after calling him the bartender for years now banda getting all the credit
I’ve credited Manny for his classes after the seasons we’ve had on the field in this very thread and previously too. This isn’t “Manny Sucks” drivel. This is discussion.

There are highly ranked recruits/parents of recruits who have mentioned other head coaches reaching out and playing an active role in their recruitments, and that Manny hadn’t. Here it involves Earl Little Sr who said it on CIS TV last night.

We want our HC to be competitive with others in the recruiting process. That is all.

You do realize that a recruiting board can change especially this early in the cycle and a new coaching staff. Also I do agree that he should be a priority but what do I know Manny and TRob knows better than I do and this is the problem I have with fans yall make no issue comparing Manny with all the bad stuff but Manny also recruited a top 15 class after losing to FIU and La Tech and after calling him the bartender for years now banda getting all the credit

Bruh; Shannon recruited the #1 class right going 5-7! Golden recruited the #10 class right after going 6-6! First yr coaches get the benefit of the doubt here, bruh bruh. That chit doesn’t impress me bro. I’ve seen it.

But that’s not the point. We’re talking about Little Jr & the CB need. He went from alleged priority to now he “may not” be high on our boards. Make it make sense.

Advertisement
Back