Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

If Bama doesn't want him it means they getting someone better which leaves us with scraps. We never going to climb out that hole till that changes.

This doesnt make any sense. Little jr talents hinge on Bama wanting him or not?
If we get him Bama didn't want him and we got the scraps, if bama gets him they beat us for a top local talent.

Advertisement
It might not matter to every kid or parent but it seems to matter to some. If I was the parent of a kid being recruited, I’d definitely want to hear from the HC. If I was the parent of a kid who had every offer in the country, I’d probably expect it and it would factor into things if I had conversations with some HC’s who cared enough to reach out while others didn’t. It’s human nature.
U need to know the HC cause alot of the time he's the reason a kid will transfer or not.

This doesnt make any sense. Little jr talents hinge on Bama wanting him or not?
If we get him Bama didn't want him and we got the scraps, if bama gets him they beat us for a top local talent.
I want the best of the best I haven't looked that deep at this upcoming class. I will when I will but if there are higher rates corners around the country I would recruit the best. We are suppose to get Little that was the word when TRob got hired....let's see if it makes a difference.

I want the best of the best I haven't looked that deep at this upcoming class. I will when I will but if there are higher rates corners around the country I would recruit the best. We are suppose to get Little that was the word when TRob got hired....let's see if it makes a difference.

So you are complaining about Manny not being in contact with Little sr and jr yet you don't know if he's one of the best.
Maybe the staff don't consider him a priority, maybe they have others ahead of him.
Or maybe when they contacted them they didn't feel the love was reciprocated so they decided not to waste too much time and spend it on others.
Seems like too many people like to complain before the fact. Recruiting is a wait and see game, can't get too high or low before signing day.

Advertisement
Things I don't believe:
Saban is noticeably outworking Diaz
Parents want their kids to "get away"
Miami offering a kid first matters
Loyalty to "The Crib" is a factor
Bagman is main factor why kids leave

Things I do believe:
Winning championships sells
Playing in almighty $EC sells
Bama's NFL track record sells
Miami's irrelevance is glaring
Plan B - Bama✔ Plan A - Miami🚫

If Bama doesn't want him it means they getting someone better which leaves us with scraps. We never going to climb out that hole till that changes.
I agree... In theory. BUT I rather have Bama "scraps" than some of the players on the team now. I highly doubt someone like Mccloud even had conversations with Saban lol

Things I don't believe:
Saban is noticeably outworking Diaz
Parents want their kids to "get away"
Miami offering a kid first matters
Loyalty to "The Crib" is a factor
Bagman is main factor why kids leave

Things I do believe:
Winning championships sells
Playing in almighty $EC sells
Bama's NFL track record sells
Miami's irrelevance is glaring
Plan B - Bama✔ Plan A - Miami🚫
I agree for the most part. I don’t think Manny’s getting noticeably out worked, and I think recruiting has overall been good for the record we’ve had on the field, but I do think it’s possible that Manny needs to jump in more with parents and kids in top recruitments because other HC’s seem to do that.

Advertisement
Not sure who said that or whether context was different. When Nick Saban or Urban Meyer are recruiting you personally, with effort, that’s always going to be a big deal. Position coaches mostly matter most because position coaches do most of the recruiting. But for really sought after kids, head coaches gotta step up more.

Manny has never truly gotten recruiting. Hiring some recruiters reactively doesn’t mean he gets it - it means he gets reactions. Does he have the right process, serious evals, and personal engagement at the level needed to compete with Saban for kids we want? we’ll see.
Understood. BUT I can bet you every single dollar I have that if Saban never spoke to Earl Jr but every other coach on Bama wanted him, we would never hear a complaint that Saban hasn't communicated.

So you are complaining about Manny not being in contact with Little sr and jr yet you don't know if he's one of the best.
Maybe the staff don't consider him a priority, maybe they have others ahead of him.
Or maybe when they contacted them they didn't feel the love was reciprocated so they decided not to waste too much time and spend it on others.
Seems like too many people like to complain before the fact. Recruiting is a wait and see game, can't get too high or low before signing day.
Little’s good enough for Saban to stay in contact with and for Saban to reach out to the father. He’s a known top target for us. Too me, this isn’t a “Manny sucks” bull**** thing, it’s just pointing out where we may need to improve on our end in how we recruit the top kids.

Advertisement
Understood. BUT I can bet you every single dollar I have that if Saban never spoke to Earl Jr but every other coach on Bama wanted him, we would never hear a complaint that Saban hasn't communicated.
That’s probably true too, except if Saban does it, we’re looking behind the 8 ball if we don’t do it.

Jimmy and Howard did it. Didn’t Howard intentionally leave his pipe on someone’s living room?

This isn’t a new thing either. Someone posted an article from the Herald of the best players in Dade history from each school. One of those players listed was Craig Epps, who was a year ahead of me at Elementary, Middle and High School. He was the top rated DE in the country in 1983 or close to it. Bear Bryant came down and recruited him - he went to Bama.
Yep. Remember that thread from recently amd that story you mentioned.

It’s always been this way in all things. When a kid is in demand. schools that sell the best will tend to do the best. If Manny thinks T Rob means Manny doesn’t have to be involved, he doesn’t get it. And if he thinks half assing his involvement is enough, he doesn’t get it. We’ll see.

That’s probably true too, except if Saban does it, we’re looking behind the 8 ball if we don’t do it.

Jimmy and Howard did it. Didn’t Howard intentionally leave his pipe on someone’s living room?
Lol yes I've heard that's what Howard did. All in all, we just have to take it for what it is. And yes, Manny has to understand that he won't get the same breathing room as others... And neither does he deserves it yet. Hoping Earl Jr is a Cane at the end but I would definitely bet my money on Bama.

Advertisement
It’s been too long and that’s a problem. Local kids want to be the next Amari Cooper or Jerry Jeudy. We haven’t produced a guy like that in forever.

We can’t produce them if we don’t recruit them. Pope isn’t getting developed into an Amari Cooper.

BTW, Little is history. This “Manny isn’t showing enough love” business is just a smokescreen to send the kid to Bama. Watch and see. His mind is already made up.

Yep. Remember that thread from recently amd that story you mentioned.

It’s always been this way in all things. When a kid is in demand. schools that sell the best will tend to do the best. If Manny thinks T Rob means Manny doesn’t have to be involved, he doesn’t get it. And if he thinks half assing his involvement is enough, he doesn’t get it. We’ll see.
Yup. And I’m not saying this out of hate for Manny, but out of wanting to see Manny succeed. Like I said, maybe he does get involved in adequate personal outreach more often than not but at a minimum, it probably needs to be considered for standard procedure- at least with top guys we want.

You probably shouldn’t be betting every single dollar you have. I can assure you that if Saban was going head to head with a comparable program - Meyer, say, when he was in it, or Dabo - and the other head coach was spending real personal time on a kid and Saban wasn’t, then you know how that goes, or should. There’s a _reason_ saban calls kids personally, amd it isn’t because it’s irrelevant.

Yup. And I’m not saying this out of hate for Manny, but out of wanting to see Manny succeed. Like I said, maybe he does get involved in adequate personal outreach more often than not but at a minimum, it probably needs to be considered for standard procedure- at least with top guys we want.
100%. We discuss this because we want to see it work. People who can’t handle doscussing wjat’s wrong should stay at home until it ain’t wrong anymore. Until then, the focus needs to be on improving what isn’t working well enough, not patting ourselves on the back for minor successes.

Advertisement
Back