Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Idk man sounds like Jr straight up told the truth. Wouldn’t make any sense to lie about that.

There’s zero excuse for a HC not to have weekly contact with all your 1A guys. Especially ones at positions of need and in this case being a legacy, which makes it even worse. It’s not the first time this has been brought up.

I wanna think we’ve gotten better w/ this. But if Jr commits elsewhere, we’ll bump this segment.

Advertisement
Lol.... A parent finding ANY reason to send his kid to Bama. Listen, I'm definitely not saying he's lying but what I'm saying is Earl Sr isn't stupid. He knows what program is best for his kid and what's going to get him into the league. So even if Manny was actually trying, Earl Sr would just find another reason to send his kid to Bama. Y'all get tied too much into thinking just because a parent played for the U, they will still "care" enough about the U to send their kid here.

Advertisement
Eventually the rest of y’all are gonna come to realize Manny is a mix of clout chaser and politician. Wants all the credit and all of the attention, while being a master deflector of all criticism.

Every offseason is re election season for Manny and the season is his term. All the promises and shiny toys are brought out on the campaign trail, only to do nothing with them during his term.

He fired all Richt’s guys, but kept all of his. Blames the culture he was apart of building for 4 years on Richt. Blames his assistants and not his system when the defense gets embarrassed.

Idk what more you need to see. It’s right in front of your faces. You just gotta open your eyes.
Been saying this **** since day one

As I posted, Manny has been a better secondary recruiter vs. primary. He got involved w/ J Williams, Chantz, DJ Johnson, Franklin, Hall, & Garcia, but more specifically, Garcia, Franklin, & J Will as a HC. Yet, Sr is saying Jr has had minor communication from Diaz??

Listen, I’m no insider; but this seems kinda off. I can’t imagine this kid being a priority, but we’ve had little contact, especially from Diaz. If true, and if @RVACane ppls r reiterating this, as well, then wtf? This is CB1 on the board, no?

Anyways, let’s let it play out a little more, first. Could be a parent that’s sending smoke signals to us to get more involved than what we have. Hopefully
I absolutely think it’s smoke signals to tell us that we’re not cutting it on the HC role in this recruitment and to pick it up.

That Saban coaches CB’s at Bama, as someone else raised, isn’t the point. The point is that he’s the Bama HC and he reaches out more to the kid - talking schemes - and reaches out to the father too while Manny has not reached out to the father and the father is telling us - hint hint- I love UM, it’s my kid’s choice but I’ll also be involved in talking to him about it. I hear from Saban but not Manny.

And yes, I know of another recent recruitment where the other HC was involved and ours wasn’t and that was cited as a factor to me in making the kid feel more important/wanted/prioritized by the school that signed him.

He may be involved in other recruitments. I’m only commenting on what I know on one recent one and now what I just watched Earl Sr say.

Lol.... A parent finding ANY reason to send his kid to Bama. Listen, I'm definitely not saying he's lying but what I'm saying is Earl Sr isn't stupid. He knows what program is best for his kid and what's going to get him into the league. So even if Manny was actually trying, Earl Sr would just find another reason to send his kid to Bama. Y'all get tied too much into thinking just because a parent played for the U, they will still "care" enough about the U to send their kid here.
You may be right. This may be like Surtain - by chance - but we still have to go through all the motions and try. And for the big time players that apparently means they want the HC reaching out to the kid and the parents.

Earl Sr says Saban reaches out to him and Manny hasn’t. I know that was also a factor raised to me in another bigger recruitment which we lost where the other HC was in it and ours wasn’t.

Advertisement
Eventually the rest of y’all are gonna come to realize Manny is a mix of clout chaser and politician. Wants all the credit and all of the attention, while being a master deflector of all criticism.

Every offseason is re election season for Manny and the season is his term. All the promises and shiny toys are brought out on the campaign trail, only to do nothing with them during his term.

He fired all Richt’s guys, but kept all of his. Blames the culture he was apart of building for 4 years on Richt. Blames his assistants and not his system when the defense gets embarrassed.

Idk what more you need to see. It’s right in front of your faces. You just gotta open your eyes.

Imagine thinking this isn’t literally every single head coach lmao

Still early, wouldn't panic. I doubt he will be a take for Bama anyway. They usually recruit bigger corners.

Some of us have been noting stuff like this for a long time. We’re known as mopes.
Anyone who doesn’t pump 100% sunshine is a mope on some level to the super slurper brigade.

I praise Manny for plenty in recruiting, staff hires...etc. But I have no problem raising a red or yellow flag where I see something concerning.

For that, and my outward embrace and friendship with @Dwinstitles, who I think just calls it objectively and unfiltered, I’m controlled by mopes and a shîtty fan. I’m in good company.

I don’t hate Manny. Watch the interview (others not you, Ethnic) and tell me what the words you saw and heard coming out of Earl Sr’s mouth mean that you think Manny needs to do more of in big recruitments... or is it all good at UM and Jr’s going to Bama anyway so eff him???

You may be right. This may be like Surtain - by chance - but we still have to go through all the motions and try. And for the big time players that apparently means they want the HC reaching out to the kid and the parents.

Earl Sr says Saban reaches out to him and Manny hasn’t. I know that was also a factor raised to me in another bigger recruitment which we lost where the other HC was in it and ours wasn’t.
I understand.... It's just feels a bit weird to me. I was always told that what matters the most are your POSITION coaches. DVD and Trob can be working their a$$es off but trust me, Manny not showing enough love will be the excuse he use. Regardless though, after reading that, I'm 100% sure Bama is his unless Bama ends up not wanting him. Blame can go towards Manny as well as Earl Sr making it a bigger excuse.

Advertisement
I understand.... It's just feels a bit weird to me. I was always told that what matters the most are your POSITION coaches. DVD and Trob can be working their a$$es off but trust me, Manny not showing enough love will be the excuse he use. Regardless though, after reading that, I'm 100% sure Bama is his unless Bama ends up not wanting him. Blame can go towards Manny as well as Earl Sr making it a bigger excuse.
I understand. We might not get him regardless but I think it probably matters in some situations where we legit have a chance. I’m just saying that I watched that interview and I heard from Earl Sr, what I heard about another recruitment and that other recruitment was winnable.

Still early, wouldn't panic. I doubt he will be a take for Bama anyway. They usually recruit bigger corners.
Earl Jr is only little by name. The kid is listed as 6'0, but probably more 5'10 - 5'11 range. He has good size. Especially if he's a nickle CB.

Advertisement
Sr. is just laying down the excuse groundwork for pushing kid to Bama. I hate Manny but this is pretty obvious. Heck even Choad had enough backbone to embrace it. Weak!
Kid may go there regardless but there’s truth in it. I mentioned I heard the same thing about HC involvement - or lack thereof - on a commit battle we lost and we didn’t lose to a Bama level school. We lost to a beatable school. With some recruits and/or their parents, this matters.

This is a highly rated legacy. People can say Going to Bama - and that my be the case at times but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do the best we can. Leonard Taylor and James Williams were all SEC too.

Not sure who said that or whether context was different. When Nick Saban or Urban Meyer are recruiting you personally, with effort, that’s always going to be a big deal. Position coaches mostly matter most because position coaches do most of the recruiting. But for really sought after kids, head coaches gotta step up more.

Manny has never truly gotten recruiting. Hiring some recruiters reactively doesn’t mean he gets it - it means he gets reactions. Does he have the right process, serious evals, and personal engagement at the level needed to compete with Saban for kids we want? we’ll see.

I understand. We might not get him regardless but I think it probably matters in some situations where we legit have a chance. I’m just saying that I watched that interview and I heard from Earl Sr, what I heard about another recruitment and that other recruitment was winnable.
Who was the winnable recruitment? Since it’s in the past, I’m curious to know.

Not sure who said that or whether context was different. When Nick Saban or Urban Meyer are recruiting you personally, with effort, that’s always going to be a big deal. Position coaches mostly matter most because position coaches do most of the recruiting. But for really sought after kids, head coaches gotta step up more.

Manny has never truly gotten recruiting. Hiring some recruiters reactively doesn’t mean he gets it - it means he gets reactions. Does he have the right process, serious evals, and personal engagement at the level needed to compete with Saban for kids we want? we’ll see.
This isn’t a new thing either. Someone posted an article from the Herald of the best players in Dade history from each school. One of those players listed was Craig Epps, who was a year ahead of me at Elementary, Middle and High School. He was the top rated DE in the country in 1983 or close to it. Bear Bryant came down and recruited him - he went to Bama.

Advertisement
Back