Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Definitely a good medical school. Law school is not highly regarded anymore.
This pertains to my line of work not to go into too much detail but to say, “my child will go to UM unless it’s an ivy” is a silly statement in my opinion.
Law is still up there but yea ur right I would push my child there over any school if they had a full ride csz I know how they set they’re students up with jobs and plus I’m down here but I see ur point

Advertisement
Don't forget people that Earl Little started his college career at U of M, as in Univ of Michigan. He then transferred very, very early to U of Miami, during his freshman year if I recall. All that to say maybe Earl Little Sr. isn't a "Cane til he dies" kind of guy.

Usually, guys like that are the most pro-Miami. Sort of like a convert to a religion -- they're usually more ardent believers.

Usually, guys like that are the most pro-Miami. Sort of like a convert to a religion -- they're usually more ardent believers.
I hope so. I was at Michigan when Little came there and i kept wondering what in the world he was doing in Ann Arbor when he could be in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
I can't imagine how any kid of mine could grow up wanting to go anywhere else.

My house is loaded with UM ****.
One of my vehicles is UM green.
I never miss a game.
My dog wears a UM collar.
The kid would have green and orange **** in his face every day of his life.

You dress your child for at least the first 12 years of their life, right? His closet would be loaded with UM gear from the time he was born. That's at least 12 years of UM brain washing.

And I'm just a stupid fan.
Imagine what it would be like to be a prominent former player. That means the kid would have even MORE exposure to UM because I would be stopping by campus periodically, watching practice, going on the sidelines for games, etc etc etc... from the time he was born. (and he'd almost always be with me)

Part of me feels like if your kid grew up not loving UM then you probably weren't a die-hard fan yourself. You must have not represented UM very much.
Like 89% of what I liked growing up came from my dad's influence.
Exactly. If your kid goes elsewhere, then that means you're either weak and/or your kid sees you as a punk he doesn't want to emulate, or you just didn't have that love for UM.

I can't imagine how any kid of mine could grow up wanting to go anywhere else.

My house is loaded with UM ****.
One of my vehicles is UM green.
I never miss a game.
My dog wears a UM collar.
The kid would have green and orange **** in his face every day of his life.

You dress your child for at least the first 12 years of their life, right? His closet would be loaded with UM gear from the time he was born. That's at least 12 years of UM brain washing.

And I'm just a stupid fan.
Imagine what it would be like to be a prominent former player. That means the kid would have even MORE exposure to UM because I would be stopping by campus periodically, watching practice, going on the sidelines for games, etc etc etc... from the time he was born. (and he'd almost always be with me)

Part of me feels like if your kid grew up not loving UM then you probably weren't a die-hard fan yourself. You must have not represented UM very much.
Like 89% of what I liked growing up came from my dad's influence.
Preach Macho.
Been looking at cars recently and went to the dealership. They had a car decked out in white with blue trim and even the blue brake calipers.
My son who’s 8 said eww it looks like penn state.
Never been prouder.

Just overall upside. Spells is big, aggressive, has ball skills and is also a great athlete. Little is a good prospect but I don’t see the same upside.

Looking forward to seeing them side by side at camps.
I never really saw that elite athleticism with Little. It's similar to how Tracy Howard was a polished HS player with a ton of hype but never possessed that sort of upside athletically.

Advertisement
I never really saw that elite athleticism with Little. It's similar to how Tracy Howard was a polished HS player with a ton of hype but never possessed that sort of upside athletically.
Great comparison.

I got killed on here a little while back for saying I didnt buy into the Little Jr hype.

Hes much closer to tracy howard than he is to a Campbell

I agree with the T Howard comp actually from a physical standpoint, but T Howard would have been much better under a competent coach non Paul Williams named coach. He was a true cover guy with **** good instincts and pretty good ball skills, something we lacked then and still lack. His lack of juice caught up with him at the next level, but that is out of our hands. He was more than enough to cut it on the college level. I say all that to say Little should still be a huge priority despite him not having huge freakish upside. I know yall aren’t saying otherwise, but just reiterating.

If T-Rob and DVD REALLY want to flex their muscles, they pull one of Rodgers/Fegans kids IN ADDITION to Little Jr and Spells. Talk about an upside group then ...

Advertisement
To me little is the signature college story of being productive early. The type he shows up day 1 makes impact and everyone is like holy cow and he kinda stays that same player which is a really good player but the hype dies off around year 3 then u have spells who is the better player but takes a year or 2 to get on the field for whatever reason but lights the field on fire

Advertisement
Don't forget people that Earl Little started his college career at U of M, as in Univ of Michigan. He then transferred very, very early to U of Miami, during his freshman year if I recall. All that to say maybe Earl Little Sr. isn't a "Cane til he dies" kind of guy.
I've known Earl Sr. personally for over 30 years (Went to North Miami sr. with him) and he is as Die hard as they come. Earl Jr. used to run the hill in all UM gear. I'm also facebook friends with him and he wears UM gear when he's not in his FIU stuff.

I've known Earl Sr. personally for over 30 years (Went to North Miami sr. with him) and he is as Die hard as they come. Earl Jr. used to run the hill in all UM gear. I'm also facebook friends with him and he wears UM gear when he's not in his FIU stuff.
I trust you but Sr. Must have made the best decision for himself when he started his career at U of Mich.
What was the reason(s) back then that he went to Michigan first? Did Miami not pursue him as hard, did he want to get out of the city for a while? Ann Arbor is a great college town, but the emphasis is on “town”.

I trust you but Sr. Must have made the best decision for himself when he started his career at U of Mich.
What was the reason(s) back then that he went to Michigan first? Did Miami not pursue him as hard, did he want to get out of the city for a while? Ann Arbor is a great college town, but the emphasis is on “town”.
From what I remember UM didn't either have room or offer him but I may be wrong due to me skipping a ton to surf our Sr. year and I lost touch with him and many classmates.

My daughter is like 5 and all she knows is UM.

Throws up the U and all.

Thats how i was a fan of everything Miami. My old man watched saturdays UM, and SUndays all about Dolphins. Including betting on these games lol

Became a full Heat fan probably closer to being 11 or teenage years or so...b4 that was a Laker like every other Bahamian kid. (Because of Mychal Thompson...Klay Thompson's dad).

Even Um basketball im sort of full fledge...though im a Villanova bball guy. Tim James, Darius Rice days.

I cant wait to take my lil girl to a UM game....she's been to Heat games from when she was like 3 or 4 and she is a die hard Heater already.
Good stuff, what you instill in a kid young matters. I'm the same way. My dad was always a root for the local team guy and I became a soflo lifer. My son is 19 months old and though I'm up in the middle of the state, I'll make sure he knows what's up. Have to be careful with my wife's side of the family though. Two sisters graduated from UF lol.

Advertisement
Back