Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
Yep.

The majority of them don't do much.

Any Blades is a different story, though.

I think the biggest legacy miss was the DE that went to Cal about 20 years ago - can't remember his name, but I think his pappy was an AA on the DL in the 70s - maybe Ruben Davis's son.

He was an AA and a 1st round pick - don't know how he did in the pros, but I think he went to Cal in the mid-90s when we were on probation.

He would've looked good on the Miami DL.
Rubin Carter’s son Andre. We also lost a Latimer kid from the Denver area to Oklahoma. And Tony Cline’s son was a TE at Stanford, I think and later the Bills. There have been more.

Just found out I posted some of this months ago. What happens when an old thread revives, I guess.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Most kids don't follow teams like they used to. I asked my 10 year olds team who their teams were and they didn't even have an answer in most cases. Watching sports versus whatever on their tablets or playing video games doesn't stand a chance. This generation is just different. At 10, I lived and breathed sports. Had I all these electronic gadgets in hand, it's doubtful if I would've. Then again, I loved sport and wanted to dominate, so I did.

2 of 3 of my kids don't give a crap about Miami football. The youngest, 7 won't watch a game to save his life, but will say Miami is number one and ask team rankings in a game. He seems to get a bit excited when he sees the score and we're winning, but that's about it.
Kids are going to grow up fat and soft. They play on tablets and computers which scrambles their minds and there muscles atrophy from not going out after school every day and playing sports in the local park.

I have no interest in having kids, but if I did, you'd better believe they'd be going to UM.
as a twice-over alum and former staff/faculty, i'd advise anyone considering um without a full ride or for athletics to send their kids elsewhere unless there are wholesale changes in leadership and/or until the cost of attendance is significantly cut. paying full price for what you get at um is horrendous value and the bloated tuition is to pay for a bunch of **** that most students will never use. um is a poster child for bloated education bureaucracy.

as a twice-over alum and former staff/faculty, i'd advise anyone considering um without a full ride or for athletics to send their kids elsewhere unless there are wholesale changes in leadership and/or until the cost of attendance is significantly cut. paying full price for what you get at um is horrendous value and the bloated tuition is to pay for a bunch of **** that most students will never use. um is a poster child for bloated education bureaucracy.
Fair criticism, and also one that can surely be repeated for many (probably most) institutions.

Advertisement
Fair criticism, and also one that can surely be repeated for many (probably most) institutions.

absolutely can, but um is particularly bad about it. don't get me wrong, i loved my time there as a student and wouldn't trade that experience for anything, but tuition was about 20% lower than what it is now and i was on partial scholarship. also, for all of her faults in athletics and the cedars debacle, shalala did have our academics on point. frenk's tenure has tanked the university's academic standing. the place is run by idiots and a bunch of mediocre lifers.

im sure recruiting heads would know, but is 2022 an elite year for CB as well as DE? if so, seems like Manny doesn't want to risk another debacle at CB recruiting (this year is already going to come back to bite us in the ***)

im sure recruiting heads would know, but is 2022 an elite year for CB as well as DE? if so, seems like Manny doesn't want to risk another debacle at CB recruiting (this year is already going to come back to bite us in the ***)

McCantos, Little, Dilworth, Turner, Spells, Mullen all look legit, defintly a good year for corners, that being said ,who we can get all depends who we sign as db coach.

Advertisement

this. its pretty much bloated across the board for private schools. the best value will always be a state school (if you qualify for in state residency) if the two schools are on the same plane (Example being UF v UM). for the most part, neither are elite and more often than not, you may be looking at post grad education in your field.

absolutely can, but um is particularly bad about it. don't get me wrong, i loved my time there as a student and wouldn't trade that experience for anything, but tuition was about 20% lower than what it is now and i was on partial scholarship. also, for all of her faults in athletics and the cedars debacle, shalala did have our academics on point. frenk's tenure has tanked the university's academic standing. the place is run by idiots and a bunch of mediocre lifers.

when I was there, it was less expensive too (didn't pay full thankfully) and it def isnt worth the sticker price that it is today (tbh, no school is unless you're going to the truly elite).

Don't sweat it, CB recruiting should've shown you one thing these last few years: We're not getting any CB's. No but on a serious note,from what I've read on here there should be a lot of good options for 2022. Let's hope we get a good DB coach hire and get some of these talented guys on the team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back