Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
If his dad lets him go anywhere but UM, then his dad's weak.

I remember this kid from youth football (he must have been 12 at the time), and he wasn't very impressive athletically back then. His family was great at hyping him with videos though. Maybe he's gotten significantly faster since then, but he wasn't a standout athletically in comparison to the top kids of that same age group. Must have been a late bloomer.

I remember this kid from youth football (he must have been 12 at the time), and he wasn't very impressive athletically back then. His family was great at hyping him with videos though. Maybe he's gotten significantly faster since then, but he wasn't a standout athletically in comparison to the top kids of that same age group. Must have been a late bloomer.
I remember that too. was a bit surprised when I saw he was a highly rated cb.

Advertisement
Advertisement

He is really smooth now not a speed demon but flips hips really well and has good instincts on when to break on a ball

Andre Carter, son of Rubin all-time great DT and NT of famed Orange Crush defense of '70's.

Andre transferred from to HS in San Jose where his father was coaching DL at San Jose State. I believe Andre had started HS in south Miami but moved out there during HS. I remembered vaguely a story about a girlfriend going to Cal but not sure.

We also lost a blue chip LB son of another top player, I think it was Don Latimer's son who went to Oklahoma.

Tony Cline's son went to Stanford as a TE, then the Bills.

A lot of kids don't feel the U just because their father played for us, at least not enough to go to UM.

With kids like Little we have to be on a competitive level with the likes of LSU or else it's an easy decision.

Story I got was that Rubin wanted the DL coaching job from Butch, and when that didn't happen....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back