Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Complete nonsense. Way more often than not, father and son root for the same teams. Sons are taught by their fathers while still in diapers to root for dad's team.
Facts! My son is a Canes fan. Never pushed it on him. He just likes what I like. If he's at his moms crib, he'll FaceTime me to make sure I record the game so we can watch when he comes back to my crib.

Advertisement
Mallory was a big-time Michigan legacy but came here because we produce great TEs. It’s not just a Miami thing.

We need to win and we need to produce star players. If we play to our current talent, it will be easier to recruit the star players and the cycle repeats.
You send more pros than LSU

Complete nonsense. Way more often than not, father and son root for the same teams. Sons are taught by their fathers while still in diapers to root for dad's team.

Most kids don't follow teams like they used to. I asked my 10 year olds team who their teams were and they didn't even have an answer in most cases. Watching sports versus whatever on their tablets or playing video games doesn't stand a chance. This generation is just different. At 10, I lived and breathed sports. Had I all these electronic gadgets in hand, it's doubtful if I would've. Then again, I loved sport and wanted to dominate, so I did.

2 of 3 of my kids don't give a crap about Miami football. The youngest, 7 won't watch a game to save his life, but will say Miami is number one and ask team rankings in a game. He seems to get a bit excited when he sees the score and we're winning, but that's about it.

Chad has graduated from UM since all that.

My opinion...he became a uF/SEC SEC DAD because both of his kids went that way. He's not stupid so he doesnt hold the university or mad at um..i think he caught up int he sec is best conference wave...his 2 kids played there and we have fans tht get at him and he trolls them. Or sends slick shots or post to draw attention (he has a website) He has trained kids that has signed with us.
Don’t care about that guy anymore. He’s no longer a Cane. I don’t wish him anything good or bad. I wouldn’t be interested in anything he has to offer at this point. He’s proven he can’t be trusted. **** Al Golden. Chad doesn’t get a pass.

Let's be real here though. Kids don't always like what their parents like. Happens as much as it doesn't when it pertains to sports. It also doesn't help that we've been less than a shadow of our former selves during the entire span of his cognitive existence. It's tough to watch a team week in and week out when they suck. Hopefully he's one of those who got stuck on Canes football through the absolute love his pops has for this program.
He rode to every Optimus game with pops and they were both in UM gear. Not until HS did Earl jr. Start wearing gear from other schools.

Advertisement
if he come here , he legitimately might start day one , because how terrible we recruited CB over the last few years , I think that would be a good recruiting pitch (early PT) but I think this kid is going to play somewhere in the SEC , LSU Or bama sadly
And Side note , Mrs. Little was my third grade teacher in the 3rd grade in 2002 or 2003 and she was pregnant, little did I know I would be talking about her son on a board lol and mr little (earl ) used to pull up to the school all the time back when he had the braids and he always came through with nice cars, we were inner city kids so that was a big deal to us he used bring my class snacks and McDonald’s, he even gave out free tickets when the browns played the dolphins , which was my first game I ever been and which made me a fan of football I was a browns fan for a long time to I realized the browns sucked lol, also when I found he played for the U , that made me a fan also , haven’t turned my back on the canes yet !

Most kids don't follow teams like they used to. I asked my 10 year olds team who their teams were and they didn't even have an answer in most cases. Watching sports versus whatever on their tablets or playing video games doesn't stand a chance. This generation is just different. At 10, I lived and breathed sports. Had I all these electronic gadgets in hand, it's doubtful if I would've. Then again, I loved sport and wanted to dominate, so I did.

2 of 3 of my kids don't give a crap about Miami football. The youngest, 7 won't watch a game to save his life, but will say Miami is number one and ask team rankings in a game. He seems to get a bit excited when he sees the score and we're winning, but that's about it.
It just so happens that your kids do not love sports, so they don't really root for a team. What I'm trying to get across here is that when father and son both enjoy sports, they tend to root for the same teams. When one chooses which teams to root for, there's 3 factors:

1) Root for dad's (or close family member's) team since basically birth.
2) Geographic location. This often coincides with dad's team, since in most instances father and son live in the same household or in close proximity. If you grow up in Chicago, you're gonna be a Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks fan, and Cubs or Sox. There's the occasional oddball kid who likes an out-of-town team for whatever reason, maybe because their logo appeals to them or one specific player. But the vast majority of kids and dads root for the local team.
3) Association. If you or a family member or close friend somehow become associated with a team or university, you are likely to root for that team. If you grew up in Boston and attended The U, then you will root for the U. And so will your dad. If your mom lands an accounting job with the Pittsburgh Penguins, you will tend to root for them as well although it won't consume you like your love for the U.

All I'm trying to say is that when father and son/daughter both love sports, they will root for the same teams way more often than not.

Advertisement
And Side note , Mrs. Little was my third grade teacher in the 3rd grade in 2002 or 2003 and she was pregnant, little did I know I would be talking about her son on a board lol and mr little (earl ) used to pull up to the school all the time back when he had the braids and he always came through with nice cars, we were inner city kids so that was a big deal to us he used bring my class snacks and McDonald’s, he even gave out free tickets when the browns played the dolphins , which was my first game I ever been and which made me a fan of football I was a browns fan for a long time to I realized the browns sucked lol, also when I found he played for the U , that made me a fan also , haven’t turned my back on the canes yet !

I love all those stories!

Earl Jr. is about as close to a "must-get" recruit in the 2022 cycle as we can name. Him and Wesley Bissainthe, we cannot miss on either of those two.

It just so happens that your kids do not love sports, so they don't really root for a team. What I'm trying to get across here is that when father and son both enjoy sports, they tend to root for the same teams. When one chooses which teams to root for, there's 3 factors:

1) Root for dad's (or close family member's) team since basically birth.
2) Geographic location. This often coincides with dad's team, since in most instances father and son live in the same household or in close proximity. If you grow up in Chicago, you're gonna be a Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks fan, and Cubs or Sox. There's the occasional oddball kid who likes an out-of-town team for whatever reason, maybe because their logo appeals to them or one specific player. But the vast majority of kids and dads root for the local team.
3) Association. If you or a family member or close friend somehow become associated with a team or university, you are likely to root for that team. If you grew up in Boston and attended The U, then you will root for the U. And so will your dad. If your mom lands an accounting job with the Pittsburgh Penguins, you will tend to root for them as well although it won't consume you like your love for the U.

All I'm trying to say is that when father and son/daughter both love sports, they will root for the same teams way more often than not.

That's your take and I'm laughing at my kids not loving sports. The 7 year old would play soccer year round if I let him. The 10 year old likes soccer and football. Neither one will watch more than five minutes of either sport as their electronic devices win out each and every time. The 18 year old, he doesn't care about any sport.

All my nieces and nephews that are older, besides one, couldn't care less about sports. A couple of them played in college (baseball and football), neither really watched much of anything.

If you've got a kid that watches sports, great. That's a rarity these days and having been a coach for various age groups, I've got a pulse on this.

I played college ball. The U is my love and maybe the two youngins pick that up ine day, who knows. I used to watch everything on Saturdays, then real life happened and there's other things far more important or things that just need doing.

Viewership is down in sports. That is a certifiable fact. When I was growing up, the big games were the topic of conversation everywhere. Now, it's tough to get a conversation going as most don't tune in like they used to.

Winning certainly helps as casual fans get caught up in it. People like winners, it's tough to get kids excited about losers. Hope we start winning and maybe the kids will get a seat on the sofa as they get older. I'll take them to some games and we'll see what happens. So many entertainment options though and I don't see sports on television winning out.

CDBFFEF7-772A-4190-A6C2-5E072A8CB186.jpeg

Not going to be an easy recruitment....

The Florida Gators extended an offer back in April and have continued to chase after the 6-foot, 175-pounder.

"They do a really good job recruiting me and making sure they talk to me. They keep in contact just about every day and they text me a good bit too. They just make sure they keep the relationship tight and they ask how I am doing and how my family is doing. When I was hurt earlier this year they were calling me to check up on how I was doing with my body and getting it back right. Things you want a coach to ask you, they make sure they do that."

It's several coaches on the staff who are in talks with Little Jr., but it's head coach Dan Mullen who is in touch the most according to the South Florida defensive back.

"I talk to a lot of coaches at Florida, but to be honest with you, the coach I talk to the most is Coach Mullen," Little Jr. explained. "It's good because you never would think that I would be a person that the head coach would be on and wanting to talk to so much. He is recruiting me and making sure he talks to me the most. He texts me a lot and just talks to me a lot and I appreciate it."

Advertisement

The Florida Gators extended an offer back in April and have continued to chase after the 6-foot, 175-pounder.

"They do a really good job recruiting me and making sure they talk to me. They keep in contact just about every day and they text me a good bit too. They just make sure they keep the relationship tight and they ask how I am doing and how my family is doing. When I was hurt earlier this year they were calling me to check up on how I was doing with my body and getting it back right. Things you want a coach to ask you, they make sure they do that."

It's several coaches on the staff who are in talks with Little Jr., but it's head coach Dan Mullen who is in touch the most according to the South Florida defensive back.

"I talk to a lot of coaches at Florida, but to be honest with you, the coach I talk to the most is Coach Mullen," Little Jr. explained. "It's good because you never would think that I would be a person that the head coach would be on and wanting to talk to so much. He is recruiting me and making sure he talks to me the most. He texts me a lot and just talks to me a lot and I appreciate it."

Looks good for us then

I’m sure dad little already warning son about getting involved in cuckolds

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back