Manny says that Jarren "Safethrow" Williams is still the guy

Tate does not have the arm Kosi have. No bias here I love any kid that puts on that U. Just like I supported you when you played. I actually feel for these kids having to be coached up by a staff that is not ready like ours. I just think Kosi gives us a better chance to win. I. My opinion two plays highlight my point. The 4 and 7 scramble and the fourth qtr touchdown. I don’t think Jarren makes either of those plays and they were the difference between us winning and losing.
What does an arm matter if its inaccurate? That's all I'm saying in comparison with tate.

Advertisement
Tate does not have the arm Kosi have. No bias here I love any kid that puts on that U. Just like I supported you when you played. I actually feel for these kids having to be coached up by a staff that is not ready like ours. I just think Kosi gives us a better chance to win. I. My opinion two plays highlight my point. The 4 and 7 scramble and the fourth qtr touchdown. I don’t think Jarren makes either of those plays and they were the difference between us winning and losing.

N'Kosi had two dudes open and a clean pocket on the TD scramble.

Last edited:
It really aggravates me when yall do that. This is a team game... He didnt give us a win against a power 5 ranked team. He did his part good or bad as a teammate is suppose to do. But if anyone deserves credit for that win it's the defense not a qb who did that. I agree getting out of the pocket is critical with that oline. Plenty of this relies on the play calling and moving the pocket. It's a moot point while jarren has a bum shoulder. But if you wanna go into turnovers I'd say that's crazy. Jarren has three picks on the season(although plenty of close calls,just the same as nkosi has plenty of balls couldve been turn overs as well) if you think nkosi is better with all security I'd disagree but that's just me I guess. I just dont like seeing how this fan base(not u)has turned on the kid and shyts on him for doing what's asked of him. Kid has been hurt since day 1 & done pretty **** well all things considering. We weren't losing because of jarren like most on here make it seem. We were losing #1 because of our defense inability to perform & #2 because our oline doesnt run block or pass block worth ****. If giving us the better chance because of line play should be valid & what differentiates each of them than the argument should be for tate. Cause hes far more elusive than any of them & throws a similar ball. Just saying. Otherwise people need to just admit their bias and stick to it

I haven't seen any throws that Tate can't make; especially when you consider the deep-ball inaccuracies of both N'Kosi and Jarren.
This staff is weird with the, "he's our guy" thing. They're all our guys and the team needs to play for whomever is in the game.
I hope we blow out someone because I'm looking forward to seeing Tate have his moment.

Advertisement
You FAIL to notice that Perry has the GAME TIME factor. hUh Yeah. Perry seems to THRIVE when the HEAT IS ON! Witness those two fourth-quarter " game winning drives. "

And another thing dUde! You obviously UNDERESTIMATE Virginia's defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because a healthy JW would have had to overcome the same obstacles as Perry and his numbers probably would have not been that impressive against that tough-minded Virginia defense.
Where was this at last year vs Wisconsin?

Advertisement
I support both QBs but N'Kosi:

1) Makes quicker decisions
2) Seems better able to cope with a porous OL (and take fewer sacks)
3) Has greater pocket presence & awareness
4) Gets rid of the ball quicker
5) Typically throws a better deep ball
6) Is more experienced
7) Has tremendous competitive spirit
8) Is more likely to win (particularly in tough games like FSU)

If Jarren is injured, there is zero reason to play him. Jarren is more accurate. I'd take Jarren all day long, if the competition was hitting stationary targets 5-20 yards away. When the bullets are flying (and given our porous OL), N'Kosi's intangibles win out.

Who said the backup barely lost? And you believe that?

1. No starter named until 2 weeks before our first game
2. We kept hearing from reporters, coaches that they would alternate on who had a better day at practice before the season.
3. What we have now seen from both qbs. They both have there strong and weak points, its quite obvious.

Number 3 is the most important, I believe what my eyes tell me. If one of the two is hurt that means the other gives us the best chance to win, period.

Back in the day around 2003, I was trying to get my foot in the door and had a conversation with Ava DuVernay when she had an agency that could get you auditions. She told something that stuck with me.

She said casting directors are the gatekeepers of the industry, they determine who gets in. But they don’t know what the really want until they see it. They have an idea of who can fit the role, but ultimately it’s the actor that makes the choice and does something that makes the CD say “this is the one.”

I think JW is the best QB long term, but he’s overthinking just as much as the coaches. Kosi is being himself and Jarren needs to be his true self and not what he thinks Enos wants him to be. He has to choose to be the one for himself or Kosi will do what he is born to do, which is lead. It’s a good problem to have.

I may have to look at that again cause all his three reads looked pretty covered to me.
maybe they were open, he ran it in for the clinching TD, how many guys have been open when Williams is just sitting there hanging on to the ball for an hour like a sloth.

These Williams cheerleaders would rather us lose than Perry start.
FSU will run a train on Williams slow development in the pocket

but Kosi is the guy now anyways

Advertisement
I may have to look at that again cause all his three reads looked pretty covered to me.

Actually it was 3 people open. If you read counterclockwise it's Pope coming clear in the middle, Mallory's numbers were showing and Dallas was completely uncovered in the flat.

N'Kosi was running off the left guard because the DE rushed wide and created a lane, but the hole closed quickly and he had to cut back over the middle when the DT over-pursued. He left a clean pocket and UVA was in position to stop his run but he made a great cutback. People like to trash Enos but the play-call and execution were good enough to get 3 guys open down there.

Last edited:
Back in the day around 2003, I was trying to get my foot in the door and had a conversation with Ava DuVernay when she had an agency that could get you auditions. She told something that stuck with me.

She said casting directors are the gatekeepers of the industry, they determine who gets in. But they don’t know what the really want until they see it. They have an idea of who can fit the role, but ultimately it’s the actor that makes the choice and does something that makes the CD say “this is the one.”

I think JW is the best QB long term, but he’s overthinking just as much as the coaches. Kosi is being himself and Jarren needs to be his true self and not what he thinks Enos wants him to be. He has to choose to be the one for himself or Kosi will do what he is born to do, which is lead. It’s a good problem to have.
I love Ava.

Advertisement
Actually it was 3 people open. If you read counterclockwise it's Pope coming clear in the middle, Mallory's numbers were showing and Dallas was completely uncovered in the flat.

N'Kosi was running off the left guard because the DE rushed wide and created a lane, but the hole closed quickly and he had to cut back over the middle when the DT over-pursued. He left a clean pocket and UVA was in position to stop his run but he made a great cutback. People like to trash Enos but the play-call and execution were good enough to get 3 guys open down there.
**** your definition of open and mine are completely different. I see one guy open and he scored the TD so who gives a **** man.

maybe they were open, he ran it in for the clinching TD, how many guys have been open when Williams is just sitting there hanging on to the ball for an hour like a sloth.

These Williams cheerleaders would rather us lose than Perry start.
FSU will run a train on Williams slow development in the pocket

but Kosi is the guy now anyways
This couldn't be more wrong!!!! I just think Williams is better!!!!! I have seen enough kosi and i dont think he bring us to where we need to be!!!!! i love that all of a sudden you make it out that perry is like mike vick back there...lolololol

lol Manny said Jarren
This couldn't be more wrong!!!! I just think Williams is better!!!!! I have seen enough kosi and i dont think he bring us to where we need to be!!!!! i love that all of a sudden you make it out that perry is like mike vick back there...lolololol

Perry is qb1 now. Learn to enjoy it.
Williams has shown us nothing. Glad manny made the chance.

Advertisement
Back