Manny said...

Advertisement
"We need to learn what it takes to win a football game..." (made this face 🤨) and said "sometimes it comes down to learning what it takes to lose a football game."

Either we must be really, really close to winning a National Championship, or this guy is talking so fast he has no idea what's coming out of his mouth.

Start at 3:55

Latter.

Advertisement
"We're in the ACC, all of these games are going to be close"

Bruh, Duke but 50 on VTs head without batting an eye. Fvck outta here.

Wow! Plugging the ACC! So that's the new defense... our difficult conference! "We're in the ACC"

Dude, a Hurricane would say that's a reason every game should be a blowout. See Clemson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Blake says we continue to miss assignments. Then goes on to say Pitt does not miss assignments so you can tell they are well coached.😳😳😳
Do you think repeatedly missing on coaching hires is missing on assignments? Is not interviewing anyone missing on an assignment? #whatwouldblakesay?

Meh. Maybe a little better than this defense. Certainly not dominant.

My point wasn't necessarily to compare the two teams, just to point out that there's really not much different now as opposed to then. Miami is not considerably worse than they were in 2017. But they weren't the 2nd best team in the country in 2017 like they were ranked at one time. Manny is right that we're a couple plays away from being 7-0. But we're also a couple plays away from being 1-6 also. So what's that tell you? It's a pretty average team. I will say this, they have got to find someone in the city who can make a field goal. This has gotten completely out of hand.

Well as the saying goes...we are what our record says we are (for the last 15+ years). I get what you're saying...it's taken me a loooooonnnngggg time to come to that realization unfortunately.

The question is how we are just average?? I just don't get it. I get that some coaches don't pan out....but 5 in a row?? That's an insane failure rate. I'm sure there will be some bad evaluations along the way, but how do we have a roster full of them?? SFL players are going elsewhere and having some success (I'm not saying they all do, and I'm not talking about the 5* elite ones either). Somehow we just get the ones who can't play to their potential/rankings AND we get coaching staffs that can't develop?? Plus we have an administration that doesn't care and/or don't know wtf is going on? I mean that's some serious bad luck on all 3 fronts.

Now back to being just average...why is that? I'm at the point where we're not even in the same stratosphere with the elites, so set that aside for a moment. We play in the god awful ACC Coastal and we can't even beat the teams there whom are truly rebuilding or lack talent. How in the $%^* can we not play with those teams??

Advertisement
Do you think repeatedly missing on coaching hires is missing on assignments? Is not interviewing anyone missing on an assignment? #whatwouldblakesay?
Careful with that woman, she might actually hire a female head coach.
Goldie-Hawn-Wildcats-football-comedy-1986.jpg

In 2017, we won a bunch of really close games by a bounce or two going our way.

In 2019, we've lost a bunch of really close games by a bounce or two not going our way.

The truth is, this is a pretty average football team all around. An above average defense (but not great), a below average offense, a very good punter, and the worst kicker in the country. Average. And it was the same way in 2017, just then we found a way to win those close games and everyone was happy and puffing their chests out, but those wins really just masked the reality that it's an average football program. These losses are just exposing what's been basically the same for 10+ years now.

Yep. Nailed it. Bill Connelly says we've lost 3 games we should've won 70%+ of the time. (Based on POST-game, not PRE-game win expectancy.)

You will get shouted down and insulted for a post like this btw. I would sprincle in words like "corch", "gayturds", etc. to throw the meatheads off the scent.

So.........let me get this straight......."We need to learn what it takes to win a football game........against TERRIBLE teams?????
I could buy that coach speak if we weren't wastly more talented than the TERRIBLE teams we are struggling with.

Well as the saying goes...we are what our record says we are (for the last 15+ years). I get what you're saying...it's taken me a loooooonnnngggg time to come to that realization unfortunately.

The question is how we are just average?? I just don't get it. I get that some coaches don't pan out....but 5 in a row?? That's an insane failure rate. I'm sure there will be some bad evaluations along the way, but how do we have a roster full of them?? SFL players are going elsewhere and having some success (I'm not saying they all do, and I'm not talking about the 5* elite ones either). Somehow we just get the ones who can't play to their potential/rankings AND we get coaching staffs that can't develop?? Plus we have an administration that doesn't care and/or don't know wtf is going on? I mean that's some serious bad luck on all 3 fronts.

Now back to being just average...why is that? I'm at the point where we're not even in the same stratosphere with the elites, so set that aside for a moment. We play in the god awful ACC Coastal and we can't even beat the teams there whom are truly rebuilding or lack talent. How in the $%^* can we not play with those teams??

I eluded to this in my Microwave post. This administration is not committed to football nor do we have the facilities, a home stadium, alumni nor fanbase of any team in the ACC. Wake Forest is probably the closest comparison in terms of school size. Yet they're better than us... so, that has something to do with it in this day and age of college football. This isn't the 80s/90s. Speed doesn't kill anymore because everyone is smarter/faster.

Advertisement
Back