Manny Post Game and his philosophy

BostonCanes47

Senior
Someone posted after the Clemson game that someone in the biz told them that Manny is a good coach, but tries to be to friendly with his players.
I get a win is a win, but after reading his postgame comments man...I don’t like it. At some point you have to put your foot down and not be buddy buddy. I really didn’t like manny celebrating the Wiggins PI late in the fourth like he did. I understand every coach is different and you should never put up a front, but I think about how would jimmy johnson handle a game like tonight? It all just seems soft and pushing a false sense of confidence.

edit: shout out christy chirinos I think she’s the best of the beat writers out there.
948C25B0-519B-44ED-BCA2-876580C114EF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Gotta have that put your foot on their throat mentality like jimmy did (opponent)

That last UVA score to make the game tighter is just flat out embarrassing

the redzone offense tonight was flat out embarrassing

game should have been a 35/24 to 7 beat down of UVA.... instead It was a death struggle and needing a ticky tack Def pass int call to save face

Advertisement
Gotta have that put your foot on their throat mentality like jimmy did (opponent)

That last UVA score to make the game tighter is just flat out embarrassing

the redzone offense tonight was flat out embarrassing

game should have been a 35/24 to 7 beat down of UVA.... instead It was a death struggle and needing a ticky tack Def pass int call to save face
Exactly, sitting at home it was obvious how poorly we played, but by reading manny’s comments, he just sounds relieved to win. I’m accustomed to how belichick address the media postgame and it’s just so different...way more realistic and accountability. Just seems like manny is always towing a fine line with the players morale and confidence...seems like he is scared that the slightest criticism or negative reinforcement would completely knock the wind out of the sails of the team.

I like Manny Diaz. I get a sense that there's always a little self doubt when he speaks. Pure speculation but is it guilt from being the son of a powerful father and recognizing there are people out there who don't think you've earned the opportunities you've gotten along the way. I hope he succeeds here, but he's going to have to learn to exercize some of his own demons first. It affects every decision he makes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He’s a mental midget. He’s more interested in propping up his ego than actually being a critical thinking HC. There’s no way anyone can watch tape of us and come away with the notion that we’re playing good football or elite football.

He’s an apologist. Which is why we never come out of a bye week more prepared than the week before.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Terrible optics in that picture. Save celebrations for behind closed doors. Dabo had the stupid ‘dab’ he would do, but that was in the locker room. Meyer would have fun with his players, but not on the sideline.

Saban never has fun, he’s an outlier. He was probably highly critical of his wife when they had children.

Someone posted after the Clemson game that someone in the biz told them that Manny is a good coach, but tries to be to friendly with his players.
I get a win is a win, but after reading his postgame comments man...I don’t like it. At some point you have to put your foot down and not be buddy buddy. I really didn’t like manny celebrating the Wiggins PI late in the fourth like he did. I understand every coach is different and you should never put up a front, but I think about how would jimmy johnson handle a game like tonight? It all just seems soft and pushing a false sense of confidence.

edit: shout out christy chirinos I think she’s the best of the beat writers out there.View attachment 134283
WHo gives a f k? Manny’s Post game comment so doesn’t win nor lose games.
5-1 feelz pretty good right now though.

Advertisement

edit: shout out christy chirinos I think she’s the best of the beat writers out there.View attachment 134283
Tries to be friendly? 😂😂😂

Being a great HC starts with hiring great assistants. Diaz so far is lacking in that, like Shannon, like Golden, like Richt. Golden and Richt chose friends and family....Diaz is going the same way with a staff full of friends. That's why were are in these dog fights with trash teams like UVA. Their talent is much worse than ours but their coaches are far better....all round

Advertisement
Back