Manny playing chess......cat's about to come out the bag.....

Can you do that again with Stewart I really enjoyed getting LT.
Exactly.

This is why I said ” most of our eventual commits are silents “. There’s a time and a place for them to commit. When I cribbystall balled LT to miami and pretty much said the weekend he'd commit a month off , you don’t think that meant he was already in? There’s a method to the madness.

Advertisement
Shot in the dark, I'm just reading the tea leaves from his WQAM interview the other day but maybe he's trying to protect the brand? Like it or not, we've been dubbed decommit U for a reason. Quan was going to be our ambassador a month ago, now he's a decommit. WE know he played himself and got dropped, but the optics from the outside and the narrative from everyone else is going to be "another decommit". If kids are silent and decide to bounce, they were never committed publicly anyway right? Manny spoke to winning the recruiting battles come NSD instead of over the summer, he even mentioned the run of de-commitments we've had in the past in that interview IIRC.

Personally, I like the idea of building on the momentum of other recruits going public, especially if they're highly coveted or we beat out SEC/bag schools for them. But if Manny & staff feel good about the kids they have and want to give them their moment, **** it, as long as I can litter the board in *** when they decide to pop.
bolded the best part.

Advertisement
I’m getting my gifs ready gotta find more Chlumanco though.
1625162628036.jpeg

I think you got the question entirely backwards. If he committed to Miami and two weeks later UF offers $250k, what’s to stop him from flipping to UF at that time. This was in August (IIRC), not on signing day. But to your point, as I understand it, a lot of schools give a “down payment” up front and then the bulk either on signing or enrolling. It’s all in the past now - he’s in Gainesville to get his good luck kiss from Megan and we have TRob about to bring in a stacked CB class.
That’s the risk you take… you have someone who is committed yet not binding. And another school all of a sudden becomes desperate because their board has fallen apart and throw a brinks truck and get the kid to flip because he just can’t turn down the money.

this has been going on for decades… mostly the surprise flips we see at the end toward NSD

Advertisement
Listen;

Many of us have been fans for a while. Let me remind of u of a cautionary tale of “silents”

It’s funny how we forget things. Silents mean chit.

I can tell u I know of a kid who was 100% committed to USC, silently, from a pipeline school….and then, the 2018 season happened for USC. “Inexplicably” the young man committed to another school, much to the chagrin of SC.

Silents mean chit. There is literally no benefit of a silent. If anyone who knows recruiting think that a kid who’s silent = keeping the rivals off the scent, U’re fooling urself. These lil jits can’t hold water in the age of social media, and the rivals don’t give af if a kid is committed or not.

I will never be a fan of silent commits. That’s not chess. Richt did that chit.
Being committed publicly means “chit” too ask Quan.

none of this is binding until signing day so don’t act like being public is some gold standard certainty.

Listen;

Many of us have been fans for a while. Let me remind of u of a cautionary tale of “silents”

It’s funny how we forget things. Silents mean chit.

I can tell u I know of a kid who was 100% committed to USC, silently, from a pipeline school….and then, the 2018 season happened for USC. “Inexplicably” the young man committed to another school, much to the chagrin of SC.

Silents mean chit. There is literally no benefit of a silent. If anyone who knows recruiting think that a kid who’s silent = keeping the rivals off the scent, U’re fooling urself. These lil jits can’t hold water in the age of social media, and the rivals don’t give af if a kid is committed or not.

I will never be a fan of silent commits. That’s not chess. Richt did that chit.
Yea silents mean **** even commits right now don't mean a **** thing till that ink dries

Aren’t there a bunch of kids with commit announcement dates set?

This. Many of you are insufferable, kids want to commit on their birthdays, all star games, other special dates, etc., get pub, build excitement, etc. etc.

Also, there are kids that dont want publicity (rare, but think of a Tarber), there are kids that dont want the pressure of getting attacked by other coaches and fans.

Lastly @mirasuegui is also correct.

I think because of Manny's own rule, we take your commitment, and you are not allow to visit : so they take a silent and let the cat go on visits, and everyone saves face :
So basically his rule is not a rule unless no one knows? Makes sense.

Advertisement
This I have no problem believing. Kid would have never stuck anyway just like you said.

My question then is if Palmetto is so dirty and UF was making $ offers which Im sure they were, then why didn't UF go all out for Taylor, Smith etc..?
Some kids can't be bought....especially when the NIL was set to go live in approximately 6 months

Advertisement
I don’t buy that... I don’t believe Marshall was really coming anyways.
Agree. It fell apart too quickly based upon info leaking? Perhaps UF did up its bag but that would insinuate that there was a bag from the get go. Either you are willing to compromise and take a bag or you are above it all. Seems if he was considering us, we were either the no bag school or I am naive. It’s not apples-to-apples to pin it on that.

Advertisement
Back