Manny on WQAM

**** near every defense struggles with good offenses. That’s why the elite teams have to bring their own offenses to the game.

Michigan gave up 60 to Ohio State and 40 to Florida. But y’all swear Don Brown is the best in the business.

The offense has to help the D in today’s game, IMO.

Getting beat by Ohio State and Duke are not the same.

Advertisement
His defense was severely overrated and a product of a **** poor schedule. But I'm sure the narrative will continue to be that the defense was great under Manny. It wasn't.
To do what we did with all the 3 and outs and shanked punts was impressive. We had a great d last year that can only stay above water for so long. We are definitely not deep either so to me he did a great job. Now head coach...would have preferred a house cleaning.

Not a fan of this hire at all but all you c an do is wait and see what happens and hope he surrounds himself with some elite guys. He needs to fire the ol coach, qb coach and Diaz ads the head man needs to be able to evolve. All you can do is wait and see at this point. Needless to say Blake James is on the clock.

Spot on, my thoughts exactly

this is what i dont get, all season we wanted richt to keep diaz and change the offense and that's exactly what we're getting now. Yet, everyone's mad? People just wanted the big name at HC, but that's never been Miami. Johnson, Erickson, Butch, none of those guys were big names when they started here but the became big names while they were here.

This. I recall many of the naysayers on here clamoring for Diaz to be appointed HCIW recently..Now they're calling for his lynching.

Advertisement
some of us wanted the entire staff including Mister Necklace fired.

some of us realized the problems with this team go far beyond an offensive coordinator.
That’s because as your name suggests you are living in the past and probably want Butch to be named coach. Butch would be an absolute disaster at the U. He’s 68 years old! If he is so great why is he stuck at FIU. Why aren’t the Noles or Gators or any other Power 5 football team knocking on his door.

this is what i dont get, all season we wanted richt to keep diaz and change the offense and that's exactly what we're getting now. Yet, everyone's mad? People just wanted the big name at HC, but that's never been Miami. Johnson, Erickson, Butch, none of those guys were big names when they started here but the became big names while they were here.

No, most sane people wanted Richt **** canned and the whole **** thing burned down. At least anyone with a brain did.

If you listen to the interview, you can see that Manny clearly knows what the issues with the offense/ team are. You have a lack of execution and excellence on the offensive side of the ball. You have all these supposedly talented prima donnas on offense that have no accountability. Beyond on bringing a modern offensive scheme that capitalizes on South Florida’s strength injecting accountability to these offense and special teams is the most critical component!

Advertisement
This. I recall many of the naysayers on here clamoring for Diaz to be appointed HCIW recently..Now they're calling for his lynching.

well tbf they said in waiting expecting him to get more experience either as in Miami DC for a few more years or as HC at Temple. I think he's a little green now to be taking over the program, but I'm hoping for the best. If it doesn't work out, it's more on Blake James than it is on Diaz.

The defense needs to do better against the run. That's an inherent weakness of an aggressive defense, but not insurmountable.

At least Manny sees the big issues with the offense. Let's hope he finds the right person to address them.
thats the thing with Manny, I believe his defense will improve, since it has improve each year since he been here

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s because as your name suggests you are living in the past and probably want Butch to be named coach. Butch would be an absolute disaster at the U. He’s 68 years old! If he is so great why is he stuck at FIU. Why aren’t the Noles or Gators or any other Power 5 football team knocking on his door.
I agree with you on butch. Can’t we say the same about manny?

Fvck it let’s ride

Bring me an agressive, fast and physical offense too and we cooking

View attachment 73734
And this is what he thinks of the Gaytors...
Actually its a touch more qualitative.

Now, if I went full nerd and said 3,275 fans hate Manolo and 12,457 fans want Diaz...
Then you would need to produce the documents... regardless I like perceived accuracy.

Advertisement
Back