Manny just on Fox News

I’m doing this from this point forward. I’m not going to go to threads that have had it going on for days with that junk and just picking people out now. I’m going to post a sticky thread saying it as well. I do think that people who continue on in old threads will get reply-banned. I’m out of options to an extent. I’d prefer not to lock threads because of a few and I really do not want to start mass banning. I also suggest that people keep it out of the KTDT, Gator Tears and Nole Tears as that will likely earn points for derailing established official threads.
I respect you. But its going to be hard for you guys to manage this place without real action. The acc thread is proof. But its cool because if you give people time they show their true colors. Maybe some people will be wise in enough to see it. I'm indifferent to the morons but some people hold this place in high esteem. It isn't about the Hurricanes on here anymore.

Advertisement
I respect you. But its going to be hard for you guys to manage this place without real action. The acc thread is proof. But its cool because if you give people time they show their true colors. Maybe some people will be wise in enough to see it. I'm indifferent to the morons but some people hold this place in high esteem. It isn't about the Hurricanes on here anymore.
That’s Inday’s thread as well. I don’t disagree with you one bit. I wish this was Canes only.

I think I’m going to try something new. I’m going to start thread reply-banning, at a minimum, the first to go political in every Recruiting and Eye in the Sky Board thread, regardless of friend, foe, poster status or ideology, as I’ve started in here. Otherwise, it gets out of control with counter punches going back and forth. The Maude’s are tired of it.

I suggest that people report the violations rather than respond to them.

For the love of Christ. Please. Why can’t people who continue to crowbar politics into every discussion understand that NOBODY cares and the opinions of others will never, ever be changed??

Advertisement
He lives in Gables Ponce. He cannot do on line classes on campus everywhere. The problem for kids will be doing live classes and then transitioning to an outline class immediately afterward if that is how their schedule is set up. He can make it home in 10 minutes. This will be a problem for kids who don't live close like his friends over in Dadeland or Brickell.

The original options always included hybrid classes. IDK if you or your son watched the Town Hall zoom meeting in early July. President Frenk and the other University administration spoke about everything from academics to clubs, sports, off campus and residential matters. That was the first lengthy communication from the University discussing the in person vs online class options. It was said at the time that courses meeting multiple times per week would likely involve at least one session as a "remote" experience. There was no hard and fast information at that point as to how thta would be determined but it was said that students would be receiving a letter with the information and they would have until approx. July 28th to decide if they wanted the in-person vs completely remote option.

That being said, the situation in Miami-Dade changed drastically in the weeks after that meeting. I would imagine that is the rationale for the situation your son is facing now.

This won't end well. If UM truly snookered the students, it will blow up. It's a shame leaders can't figure out that you can't do people dirty or even give that perception in today's social media/justice era.

if they did it, it's pretty typical university of miami business since the mid 00s. the academic wing of the university is a cesspool of money-grubbing, incompetent ****weasels.

Said season can go on. Said team is in a bubble. Said something like they tell kids they are responsible for who they bring in the bubble. I take that to mean players are responsible for not sabotaging the bubble.

The studio host added that UM has not reported a case of virus. I thought we had a few earlier, before camp.

sounds like no hesitation at the U, all signs point toward us playing.
OU had like 10 kids test positive smh

Advertisement
I feel for the kids whose college experience and education is being derailed by this pandemic. It’s obvious the situation remains very fluid and changes **** near every day. The best all of us can do is be adaptable and not averse to change/s. Easier said than done no doubt.

Idk the protocals but the student athletes should be isolated and should be taking online courses only. That way even if there is an outbreak at the school it shouldnt effect the team.

You could even try hybrid courses taken at a controlled site. There are many ways to attack the problem schools just have to be creative and proactive.

Idk how some are so cowardly, we have to move forward. There are real ways out there to protect the athlete. Practice and train in UV light (outside, no indoor facilities or weight rooms lift weight outside UV kills the virus), makesure the athletes are taking supplements rich in vitamin C&D along with zinc and magnesium, daily nasal cleanings with antiseptics (the nose is where the virus incubates), and promote overall cleanliness.

This could be done if all parties involved are responsible.

Also hydroxychloroquine is being used as a prophylactic and even shows to fight the virus effectively if taken in the early stages of infection. Leave politics out of it, it has been used for decades. Like every drug it will have negative side affects if used incorrectly.

Advertisement
Also hydroxychloroquine is being used as a prophylactic and even shows to fight the virus effectively if taken in the early stages of infection. Leave politics out of it, it has been used for decades. Like every drug it will have negative side affects if used incorrectly.

Bait placed so nicely!

I can think of a few posters reading this and thinking about RVAs band threat being like...
B9A6C329-8015-426D-A700-7BDC664C9D1B.gif

I heard his bubble pep talk on 247. You all have a bubble of 6 feet. Own it.

I would have fist pumped for online classes when at the U. All that getting up, showering, and dressing for a 9am after drinking the night before would have been a lot easier online. 🙂

Bait placed so nicely!

I can think of a few posters reading this and thinking about RVAs band threat being like...
View attachment 127550
Its only that way bc thats the lens you are using. I really just want people to get back to normalcy. I think we all need a football season, it will help us somewhat ignore the politics.

One thing we can all agree with is we want to see our canes play safely. I also want to see King ballout in this offense. Idc who provides a solution, left or right, as long as there is a solution.

Advertisement
The original options always included hybrid classes. IDK if you or your son watched the Town Hall zoom meeting in early July. President Frenk and the other University administration spoke about everything from academics to clubs, sports, off campus and residential matters. That was the first lengthy communication from the University discussing the in person vs online class options. It was said at the time that courses meeting multiple times per week would likely involve at least one session as a "remote" experience. There was no hard and fast information at that point as to how thta would be determined but it was said that students would be receiving a letter with the information and they would have until approx. July 28th to decide if they wanted the in-person vs completely remote option.

That being said, the situation in Miami-Dade changed drastically in the weeks after that meeting. I would imagine that is the rationale for the situation your son is facing now.
We get the situation is very fluid. In our case like many of the students decisions had to be made about apartments and rentals. We had to renew his lease 1 July. Had he known I'm not sure he would have return until January. He is in class 5 hours. The rest (16 hours) are online. All his buds have similar schedules. He'll know more once he meets with his professors and he expects it to be a real ****show.

On a separate note his buds who are juniors and on campus got screwed as it is. The school assigned all the juniors to Mahoney not the new dorms. Needless to say they are a little salty. I am sure the faculty had a big say in the in person schedule. In any case, the athletes will be fine and much better off than the general student population.

Its only that way bc thats the lens you are using. I really just want people to get back to normalcy. I think we all need a football season, it will help us somewhat ignore the politics.

One thing we can all agree with is we want to see our canes play safely. I also want to see King ballout in this offense. Idc who provides a solution, left or right, as long as there is a solution.
I agree with you that HCQ is probably fine. But the very mention of it is a trigger for peeps because Trump said it might be a good thing (and media went nutzo about it). Hence the joke.

I think it’s probably fine and ... hey, if it may help in certain instances and for certain people, than yeah give it a shot. I looked at the side effects for it and if taken properly in the dosages suggested... seems less harmful than the side effects for any other drug that is advertised on tv.

But 100% on getting back to footy football! We all need it... players, fans ... eerrbody!

Advertisement
Back