Manny is the right guy

Advertisement
7C9042E7-41B1-4296-A0E3-D09C819A5AA8.jpeg

He is the right man for all of the reasons you’ve mentioned. He has also won me over for wearing those “Bone White” Yeezy 500s that actually dropped that same Saturday. Yea, it’s doesn’t matter cuz we lost, but this man was dripping. All in all, we have a coach that understands what a winning program needs to look like and is not going to let ego get in the way. He will right the ship.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shannon showed zero emotion, Golden did but he just sucked, and Richt was emotionless other than Wisconsin 2017 which I loved.

Yeah, remember when we were taking it to TAMU and we got lazy in the 4th on D? RS did the exact same thing lighting a fire into the team with the same emotion. Everyone was taking that as such a great sign too.

I get thinking positive but I sense most posters don't remember the past 20 years.

Advertisement

I have not seen this fire or level of intensity in a long long time, it's clear that he will turn this program around if given the time.

It's way too early for the people saying he's not the guy, but by the same token...yelling at players isn't a sign that you can turn a team around. Richt yelled sometimes, so did al. I like that you're not jumping to write the guy off after 1 game like a lot of people are, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Correction: you WANT him to be the right guy

We committed 14 penalties and allowed 10 sacks

On the first game, with first time starters all over the field, in a new regime. It’s sucks, we know, but let the thing shake out. Did your boss ever fire axe you for figuring out how be a master on the first day on the the job?

I love the fact that Diaz is our coach. I am on the Fiaz train. However, we simply do not have enough data to know whether or not he is "the guy." I want him to be the guy, I think he has what it takes to be the guy, but he has only coached 1 game. We need a larger sample size.

I will be looking at how the team responds against NC. Normally, when we lose a rival game, we end up getting beat twice because the team comes out the next game very flat and self-defeated. What type of adjustments will be made? His track record as a DC suggest that he will make and/or demand the proper adjustments. It still won't be a big enough sample size to judge him, but it will be telling as to what we can expect from Diaz and the team moving forward.

Advertisement
I’ve never seen fire like that from a UM coach in my lifetime (I was born in 1995). The first year I remember watching the Canes was 2001, so I just missed Butch.

If you been watching Cane football the last 10 years, you would have clearly seen a huge improvement in our overall play. I am more optimistic than I was before the game. As these kids get more practice and game experience in this offense, the execution will be better. Team will be better all around and Manny is the reason.

Advertisement
He was awful in his first game but he wore Yeezy sneakers that just came out so he is definitely the man for the job!

the way he maneuvers through these media/fanbase/message board vacuum questions is really impressive; he puts everything in context

Advertisement
Back