Manny is the right guy

He was awful in his first game but he wore Yeezy sneakers that just came out so he is definitely the man for the job!

yeah i guess if thomas catches a punt and baxa makes a 25 yard FG, he wasn't as awful. the f*ck?

Advertisement
This is the time we got to keep the support strong. We could still run the table and make the ACCCG with another shot at the gator down the line.

He embraces the culture and understands the people. Manny is MIAMI! More than anything, he wants and has wanted to be here!

This is one game. We'll be alright

Advertisement
lol it was 1 ******* game vs. an OOC opponent. we lost by 4 points vs a top 10 despite a sh*t ton of mistakes. what is happening around here? LOL
Fans being fans, man. The outcome everyone in the country but us expected happened, no reason for us to fly off the handle. I still think this will be a good year for us to build some momentum and set ourselves up for a good 2020.

Fans being fans, man. The outcome everyone in the country but us expected happened, no reason for us to fly off the handle. I still think this will be a good year for us to build some momentum and set ourselves up for a good 2020.

actually i think most people expected us to lose handily. we were quite literally a dropped punt away from winning that game, arguably.

im amazed, although i shouldnt be, the reaction after 1 game. jesus some folks need to get a grip

I have not seen this fire or level of intensity in a long long time, it's clear that he will turn this program around if given the time.

Needs to call the defensive plays and be more involved in d

Advertisement
I loved that clip when i saw it live. I turned to the person next to me and said this is what we need.

A guy that wants to win and expect excellence and will scream his brains out if he doesn't get it.

As someone else said - Richt and Coker were on retirement journeys, Shannon had no emotion and Golden had fake emotion (he just wanted this job to catapult him to Penn St. and tried to make us Penn State in the process).

Manny wants Miami to be Miami and he's hungry to win

I love the fact that Diaz is our coach. I am on the Fiaz train. However, we simply do not have enough data to know whether or not he is "the guy." I want him to be the guy, I think he has what it takes to be the guy, but he has only coached 1 game. We need a larger sample size.

I will be looking at how the team responds against NC. Normally, when we lose a rival game, we end up getting beat twice because the team comes out the next game very flat and self-defeated. What type of adjustments will be made? His track record as a DC suggest that he will make and/or demand the proper adjustments. It still won't be a big enough sample size to judge him, but it will be telling as to what we can expect from Diaz and the team moving forward.
My gut tells me we smoke UNC. The players are going to be ****ed at themselves for giving the game away and come out with a sense of urgency.

Advertisement

I have not seen this fire or level of intensity in a long long time, it's clear that he will turn this program around if given the time.

Yeah I liked that too, but we are long way from declaring him the man. First lets see if he can avoid losing 3 in a row now. Not a very high bar to clear. Those repeated procedure and delay of game penalties gave me flashbacks to Randy and I can't remember that many QB sacks in a game. I think we found our QB but not sure about coach. Recover and beat the crap out of NC and I'll put away the matches for the fire but still keep them handy.

Advertisement
Correction: you WANT him to be the right guy. We committed 14 penalties and allowed 10 sacks. Let's pump the brakes on the 'we found our guy!' posts. At least until after we beat UNC.

Those things are correctable. I saw a team that didn’t quit no matter what. I haven’t seen that in 15 years. This team has folded at the first sign of adversity over the last 15 years. Any other year we lose that game by 3 scores. When guys have the mindset that they refuse to quit, the will work on fixing the things that can be fixed.

Advertisement
Back