Manny Is Determined to Play #53

Advertisement
Definiely not a Manny D fan

BUT IF Manny is determined to play #53 over others....I'm willing to bet that he's had more experience selecting who deserves to start and has seen LOTS MORE of #53 and the others performing than ANYONE on this board who disagrees with his starting choices.

Everyone has an opinion ...BUT that doesn't mean that EVERYONE'S opinion has merit OR is worth 💩.

If fans here were allowed to choose who started ...King would've been sitting on the bench behind the "Great Tate" disaster

Since most practices are closed and none of us has experience with any of these players on a daily basis negating any opportunity to make as rational decision. IMO leave player selection to those with the actual ability to do so.

Sometimes I wonder if these posters aren't really Moms writing in on behalf of little Junior because they are so invested in their player choices. But that why boards exist...so carryon.

Last edited:
Trent Harris comp is super high praise from Manny. I don’t buy it. Trent Harris was able to show flashes in No D’s scheme. That shows you the type of football player he was. The tape doesn’t lie and Mcclouds football iq isn’t on same stratosphere as Trent’s.

Advertisement
So we hear a coach give McCloud some praise during spring practice and the reaction from some as usual...

This goes back to my post about "reaching" just because Manny said " this has been the most competitive spring"... people jumped all over it and started the all to common CIS overreaction

Lets just wait to see what happens before the board goes haywire

Trent Harris comp is super high praise from Manny. I don’t buy it. Trent Harris was able to show flashes in No D’s scheme. That shows you the type of football player he was. The tape doesn’t lie and Mcclouds football iq isn’t on same stratosphere as Trent’s.
Harris played outside linebacker “rush” position in D’Onofrio’s defense. Much closer to a defensive end than a linebacker in our current system. They used him to rush the passer, which is what he did best. That’s why he was still a productive player even in a crappy defense.

Advertisement
McCloud is going to have a big season. Watch. You heard it here first. If he doesn’t, please don’t bump this thread.
I hope he does have a big year. If he does I think we will all be scratching our heads again wondering why he didn't make the move before.

Advertisement
He actually had 4 pressures in the oklahoma st. Game which is a good rate for the snaps he had and that was after a few practices. Now he's put 10 lbs on and I think de will fit him decent. I remember the louisville game he came off the edge and got a nice sack. If he's a poor man's trent harris I'll be happy.

The Trent Harris comparison is apt. He’s a converted high school defensive end who was actually the most athletic of the three freshmen linebackers who started in 2016. He struggles playing in space and can’t read and diagnose an offensive play fast enough as an off the ball player. He’s out of position or just super late to the ball as a linebacker. As a situational end, he can just focus on his one responsibility. It eliminates what he can’t do and emphasizes what he’s better at. He’s not going to be a star there but he will be productive in a limited role. They’re not going to list play two ends the entire game like they did last year. There will be at least four guys getting burn, maybe more. Don’t be shocked if McCloud ends up with 7 or 8 sacks this year.
great analysis and spot on. thanks

Advertisement
Lol 53 is 53 years old, has been in the same scheme for 4 years and had to move positions because he couldn’t read and react well enough. He’s not good at football just give it up.

Advertisement
Back