Manny Is Determined to Play #53

Robert Knowles? I mean I know he was decent his senior year but that dude was **** on constantly from everyone on here.
Tough to understand the hate. The young man, by all reported accounts, put in effort. Was he an All-Star, no, but that doesn't mean he deserved to be demeaned (by older "adults" I might add).

Advertisement
There's no doubt Manny Diaz is determined to play McCloud at DE no matter what

We have good, younger DEs that should be getting time over this "Experiment"

Manny has no problem with getting the right coaching staff in place, and I like that....but his down fall might be his loyalty to these upperclassmen...even when they aren't that good.
Im not going to disagree, but maybe he truly is looking that good. Maybe he was just really really out of place at lb. Juts wished they would have made this move while he was taking that year off and he could have had more time to put on the extra weight and work on his craft. I mean for the sake of the team lets hope this pans out to be a good move.

who is that GIF
My thought exactly.

Advertisement
I appreciate McCloud trying to do a solid for the program a couple years back when he took the redshirt but he has regressed every single year he's been here. He should only see the field if someone needs a quick breather or garbage time.
So have you seen him play DE? You and others seem to be sure he will not perform. What is this based on?

So have you seen him play DE? You and others seem to be sure he will not perform. What is this based on?
I know you didnt ask me and my answer would be no, but from what ive read he was recruited here to be a DE very much like Trent Harris. Maybe the kid was to stiff for lb but that dont mean he cant be a DE. Im hoping hes a nice surprise for us.

There's no doubt Manny Diaz is determined to play McCloud at DE no matter what

We have good, younger DEs that should be getting time over this "Experiment"

Manny has no problem with getting the right coaching staff in place, and I like that....but his down fall might be his loyalty to these upperclassmen...even when they aren't that good.

He is like Haslem on the Heat... just taking up a spot ...somebody's food money.

Make him a GA if Manny is so much in love with him... he isn't going to play in the NFL anyway.
Why take some young one's spot where they can get valuable experience.

Advertisement
I know you didnt ask me and my answer would be no, but from what ive read he was recruited here to be a DE very much like Trent Harris. Maybe the kid was to stiff for lb but that dont mean he cant be a DE. Im hoping hes a nice surprise for us.
No I didn't ask you but thanks for chiming in. Great point!

He is like Haslem on the Heat... just taking up a spot ...somebody's food money.

Make him a GA if Manny is so much in love with him... he isn't going to play in the NFL anyway.
Why take some young one's spot where they can get valuable experience.
I gonna be nice and just say this is one of the dumbest comments ever made in the history of posting.

Hope I didn't go too far.

Advertisement
Not having him at LB is already a win in my book. He just lacks the instincts and read/react ability. Much less thinking/instincts required to play DE in this defense, and we just lost a couple starters at the position. He probably shouldn't be starting, but if he can contribute about 10-12 decent snaps a game as a situational rush end, I think that would be just swell.

Advertisement
CIS **** all over Trent too

🤷🏾‍♂️ your opinion.

The guy actually plays and takes minutes away from guys who are more deserving and hasnt made a play in 3 seasons, he is #1 for me.

This is also going to be his 6th year. Time to gtfo
Kacey Rodgers, Highsmith, Knowles. I’m sure there are more if I kept thinking and that’s just off the top of my head.

Advertisement
Back