Manny Interview

Advertisement

I thought he came off quite well. I don’t think he’s talking out of his butt either, but I don’t know if I could tell.

What I appreciated is that he wasn’t preening about “playing no matter what”. He shows a sobriety about the real risks that still loom, and that the season is still in jeopardy. If that’s being communicated internally then the team has a much better chance of humbly making it through the first few weeks at least.

Manuela is one of the biggest clowns around. Happy butch spanked him last year.

discover dwayne johnson GIF

Advertisement
Manny gave an excellent interview and explained the situation from a coach's point of view and how the coaches/UM is handling every aspect of this China mess. Was excited about his comments on Roache and Phillips. LETS GO CANES!

I thought he came off quite well. I don’t think he’s talking out of his butt either, but I don’t know if I could tell.

What I appreciated is that he wasn’t preening about “playing no matter what”. He shows a sobriety about the real risks that still loom, and that the season is still in jeopardy. If that’s being communicated internally then the team has a much better chance of humbly making it through the first few weeks at least.
He was very realistic, humble, thoughtful and measured In his responses about other conferences deciding not to play, and genuinely concerned about the health and well being of not only his players but the student body in general.

listening to the players pressers, all expressed how safe they feel on campus. This can not be overstated enough.

Advertisement

agree. I thought he spoke very genuinely and well. It's pretty clear there's been a plan in place and the kids get it. I also think he is realistic.

As a parent, I can tell you the University has been nothing but transparent. All students returning to campus are required to have a negative COVID test on file. UM sent a pre-packaged kit with return instructions, etc. They have a pre-arranged lab doing the testing.

Students started moving in on Sunday. They are trying to maintain as much normalcy as possible while taking every safety precaution they can.

Advertisement
agree. I thought he spoke very genuinely and well. It's pretty clear there's been a plan in place and the kids get it. I also think he is realistic.

As a parent, I can tell you the University has been nothing but transparent. All students returning to campus are required to have a negative COVID test on file. UM sent a pre-packaged kit with return instructions, etc. They have a pre-arranged lab doing the testing.

Students started moving in on Sunday. They are trying to maintain as much normalcy as possible while taking every safety precaution they can.
That is great to hear, thanks for sharing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back