Manny has reached the Golden fork in the road.

canecrazy23

CIS GIF Champion 2021
He has a choice that could help improve this team. Golden had this choice and decided to go down the road that had him keeping his best buddy NoD.

Now it's time for Manny to make this choice. Last year he picked the right road and got him Lashlee.

Will Manny pick the right road? If not I see an Al Golden type of season coming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CMD has reached fork in the road, needs to replace scheme as well as all coaches.
lack of discipline on front 7 was awful NC RB's were well past from 7 into secondary
didn't CMD or Baker watch ND film ???
new DC , New Coaches , new scheme otherwise good bye to CMD and Blake

Advertisement
Defense was on the field quite a bit. Lashlee? He get's off for free.
Lashlee didn’t set a record for worst offensive performance in program history.
The bottom line is, Manny has to make a big change on the defense. He can’t run back this same group next year because it just isn’t working.

Anyone who’s been here a while, whether they care about my opinion or not, knows I’m not gonna scream and yell about firing coaches unless it’s dire straights. I set reasonable expectations and understand what the staff is working with in regards to talent at hand. At this point though, Blake Baker is a failure. He may be running a scheme that Manny created but the defense was never this bad when Manny was the coordinator. It’s time to go in another direction.

Lashlee didn’t set a record for worst offensive performance in program history.
The bottom line is, Manny has to make a big change on the defense. He can’t run back this same group next year because it just isn’t working.

Anyone who’s been here a while, whether they care about my opinion or not, knows I’m not gonna scream and yell about firing coaches unless it’s dire straights. I set reasonable expectations and understand what the staff is working with in regards to talent at hand. At this point though, Blake Baker is a failure. He may be running a scheme that Manny created but the defense was never this bad when Manny was the coordinator. It’s time to go in another direction.

Boom. He either takes over the def or bring in a new DC.

Advertisement
Boom. He either takes over the def or bring in a new DC.
I’m of the opinion that he should bring in a new coordinator and let him bring staff members. The head coach shouldn’t have to baby sit one side of the ball. Yeah, Nick Saban still like working with DBs but the defense Alabama currently runs is nothing like the Parcells 3-4 that Saban used years ago. He let someone come in and install a scheme. Manny can do the same. I’m sure it would have to fit certain parameters but bring in someone who can run their own show.

I’m of the opinion that he should bring in a new coordinator and let him bring staff members. The head coach shouldn’t have to baby sit one side of the ball. Yeah, Nick Saban still like working with DBs but the defense Alabama currently runs is nothing like the Parcells 3-4 that Saban used years ago. He let someone come in and install a scheme. Manny can do the same. I’m sure it would have to fit certain parameters but bring in someone who can run their own show.

Bama is a bad example. Saban had his own defensive scheme ran for years (and it was dominant). It wasn't until Smart left that things changed up. Manny could easily do the same, because he doesn't have to manage the offense. Only thing is...Manny's scheme has way too many holes in it, so it would be the definition of insanity to keep expecting it to eventually work.

Advertisement
Back