Manny Has Proven Me Wrong

Advertisement
For me, the jury is still out on Diaz. & we haven’t played any offensive juggernauts for anyone to say Diaz proved them wrong imho.

Let’s see what he does in the stretch of conference games against really good coaches that have prepared against his defense the last 3 years.

Let’s see if he can get through this final stretch & have us in the same rankings defensively.

Right now our red zone defense is trash
These be facts.

For me, the jury is still out on Diaz. & we haven’t played any offensive juggernauts for anyone to say Diaz proved them wrong imho.

Let’s see what he does in the stretch of conference games against really good coaches that have prepared against his defense the last 3 years.

Let’s see if he can get through this final stretch & have us in the same rankings defensively.

Right now our red zone defense is trash[/QUOTEr
rollin with Tee as well, i been sayin this for 2 years though, much better this year i think but still, what Tee said. We dont need to blitz near as much as we do, fact, and when you blitz you leave usually the middle wide open, fact. Its like fire, you play with it enough you get burnt

Agreed! Imho and maybe it's just me, but I want to see Shaq and Pink play more true LB in terms of reading guards/backs, finding the ball, and getting it done out of base...

Advertisement
Manny if you read this board, my apologies.

... he doesn't. Sort of busy with that whole game-planning and coaching the defense thing, while keeping a handle on recruiting. These guys don't have five minutes to see their families this time of year. The majority of these coaches don't read any of this crap—and the small percentage that might, probably suck at their jobs, as there are few bigger wastes of time than reading delusional fan rants on message boards or social media.

Let's see if our defense comes to play and we shut down an opponent we SHOULD always shut down. Even on the road.
Why SHOULD we shut down Virginia? I mean, I certainly hope that we do, but I don't see your basis for saying we SHOULD. We're 9-6 against them all time, but we've never "shut them down." They've shut us down, though. Most here remember the 48-0 beating they put on us in the OB. The closest we've ever come to shutting them down was 52-17 in 2009 followed by last year's 44-28 score.

I think we SHOULD beat Virginia, but this board seems to have a funny little week to week definition of shut down. Historically, we've only ever held Virginia to fewer than three scores once, and that was a Manny Diaz Defense in 2016.

hqdefault.jpg

Beat me to it. So far so good but we haven’t really faced any great offenses this year so I’m not going to crown him just yet.

Advertisement
Toledo is the best offensive team we've faced, and FSU is the worst.

Let's not start sucking each other's ****s just yet.
Can’t neglect these facts

Also, watching football on Saturdays with the tackling rules, QB rules, gimmick offenses etc not a lot of teams play “good” defense statistically.

If we win those games and the D isn't embarrassing, will you admit you're wrong? I ask because I have no doubt that for some people the story will become that these conference teams are trash anyway, so having given up 14 points proves Diaz sucks. Like if GT can run the ball at all it won't matter that we win the story will be all about how badly they lost other games.

Nothing short of holding Clemson to 29 yds and a 66 yd FG in the ACCCG will be enough for some people. Even then there will be complaining that every game didn't go exactly like that. Also it should have been a shutout. Diaz sucks.

Agreed! Imho and maybe it's just me, but I want to see Shaq and Pink play more true LB in terms of reading guards/backs, finding the ball, and getting it done out of base...

People who need to see specific things other than wins are seldom satisfied.

Advertisement
If we win those games and the D isn't embarrassing, will you admit you're wrong? I ask because I have no doubt that for some people the story will become that these conference teams are trash anyway, so having given up 14 points proves Diaz sucks. Like if GT can run the ball at all it won't matter that we win the story will be all about how badly they lost other games.

Nothing short of holding Clemson to 29 yds and a 66 yd FG in the ACCCG will be enough for some people. Even then there will be complaining that every game didn't go exactly like that. Also it should have been a shutout. Diaz sucks.

Wrong about what exactly...in my reply...please elaborate on what I would need to come back and admit I was wrong about.

Wrong about what exactly...in my reply...please elaborate on what I would need to come back and admit I was wrong about.

You wouldn’t “need” to admit anything, I simply asked if you would if we win those games. Most people just keep moving the goalposts and finding new things to complain about.

If we win the rest of the regular season and the D doesn’t sht the bed at all, is that enough? What kind of numbers do they have to post for you to change your mind.

I’m just asking, obviously you don’t have to answer anything.

Advertisement
You wouldn’t “need” to admit anything, I simply asked if you would if we win those games. Most people just keep moving the goalposts and finding new things to complain about.

If we win the rest of the regular season and the D doesn’t sht the bed at all, is that enough? What kind of numbers do they have to post for you to change your mind.

I’m just asking, obviously you don’t have to answer anything.

Yeah of course...we go through this stretch & we’re still playing at the same clip then who on earth can’t give him the credit he deserves?

Advertisement
Back