Manny has evaluated bye weeks

That reminds me, but didnt Dorsey throw a pick 6 right before half that was called back due to a penalty? All the while McGahee was gashing them and Chud for some reason kept ignoring him for long stretches

So the next play, they give the ball to McGahee who gets the TD

That season, even though they were undefeated, you saw some concerning things...
Exactly the pick I was talking about. I misphrased it in my post. That pick 6 would have been it for us.

Advertisement
We win on Saturday. Just realize this isn't going to be a blowout. We've proven after the book on our Offense came out . that we're just going to grind out wins. Only way that changes is the offense adjusting to how they're being schemed.
One thing i believe is necessary is that the young guys keep pushing for playing time.

We win on Saturday. Just realize this isn't going to be a blowout. We've proven after the book on our Offense came out . that we're just going to grind out wins. Only way that changes is the offense adjusting to how they're being schemed.
One thing i believe is necessary is that the young guys keep pushing for playing time.

Call me Asian Broadway Joe -- I guarantee Miami doesn't win next Saturday!!

Bye weeks were a problem last year, but are they this year :noidea:

We have only had one bye week this year and it was before Clemson; that game's results aren't any different if we had a game the week before.

And honestly the bye week issue last year, was it really a bye week issue or just that we came out flat frequently period. How many games did we lose that we weren't supposed to on non bye weeks?
Always seem to be flat following a bye, so look at our recent history...

Road games after a bye have not been good to us. A few games of note these last few years, and even those we won, we were often losing at the half or until just before the half, due to being flat. We were at home those two games we came back and won (GT and Toledo)...

2019:

lost at UNC, lost at VT, and lost at FIU coming off byes.

2018:

Lost to BC after a bye, 27-14
Lost to Wisconsin after a month off, 35-3

2017:

Trailing Toledo 16-10 at the half after coming off a bye, won 52-30

2016:

Tied with GT 7-7 with 7 minutes left in the first half following a bye, won 35-21

2015:

Lost at Cinci following a bye, 34-23

Advertisement

Great news everyone. Coach Lisp N Slide has evaluated his bye weeks and has come to the conclusion that nothing is wrong in their preparation! Nothing needs changing. Nothing at all. Here's an inside look at what goes on during the bye.

Challenge Pain GIF by Where's My Challenge?'s My Challenge?

Apparently everything has been the players' fault. Wow!
After reading that article I’m more worried now than before. What the **** is he’s trying to say?

Sounds like passing the buck to me!

Results cannot determine if the process was good or bad.
It's a lot more complicated than that but people have their agendas and will use anythingto push their narrative. .
Results alone cant determine a good or bad process, but working through the same process with the same coaches, but different players, then getting the same result can tell us quite a bit. I bet the main factor is either a flawed process or flawed coaching.

Last edited:
We sucked after byes. We sucked before byes. We sucked in bowl games. We sucked on the road. We sucked at home. We did not like green eggs and ham.

We sucked last year dude. It had nothing to do with bye weeks. Give it a rest already.
What about the previous 5 years...

2019:

2018:

2017:

2016:

Tied with GT 7-7 with 7 minutes left in the first half following a bye, won 35-21

2015:

Advertisement
Funny you say that... my buddy who played for Clemson said the samething about Dabo after year 2.... now hes scared when Saban retires theyll lose him.

Hea figuring things out. I will say at least he made changes after year 1 disaster of a season but he made changes. Lets see what happens after this season

Im not wishing Manny to fail because if he goes that means we're losing consistently again. I want to this program to win and i dont care how they do it. Just win....
Way to focus on the exception/outlier and not the majority of other 1st time coaches who fail. Also, Clemson had zero expectations when they hired Dabo, and they had zero history over the previous 25 years like we did of championship expectations.

Advertisement
you realize well never hire a "legit" coach in terms someone who has proven high end success on this level right? we dont have the money to drop for a guy like that would command 6+ mill from another p5. it took 5-6 mill a year for UF to get mullen. our best bet is to hope one of these unproven guys work out. whether its manny or someone after him, thats about in line of what we get and what we can get realistically.
Blake did one worse going beyond “legit,” he hired another 1st time head coach after others here failed. We should not be a place for 1st time head coaches, especially those not from winning coaching trees.

well when is it about preparation and just about us sucking

I mean we sucked last year even when we didn't have a bye week so losing to UNC (after a miracle 4th and 17) and baker ******** the pooch against VT, and then the FIU debacle we could have very well lost those games even if it wasn't a bye week

this year the team we played after the bye week was the best team in the nation. I think the panic surrounding bye weeks is misleading. We just sucked last year in my opinion and this year we would have lost to clemson regardless if we had time off or not, so would any other team in the nation
Goes beyond 2019.

Advertisement
Spot on! Unfortunately, when you mention the noticeable flaws with this team, sunshine pumpers get triggered and then resort to name calling :ROFLMAO: I just dealt with a tard who has an I.Q. lower than room temperature! You know who your son...
$$ one here can only respond by calling you a troll. They have nothing but their heads in the sand.

Last edited:
What about the previous 5 years...

2019:

2018:

2017:

2016:

2015:

The rest I’m not sure of but I think the 2015 loss at Cincy falls directly at Manny’s feet.

The rest I’m not sure of but I think the 2015 loss at Cincy falls directly at Manny’s feet.
“I’m not sure”... Facts are facts. 2015 was pre-Manny, but part of the culture issue after byes. The point is to think this is just this year or just this and last year is shortsighted.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back