Manny got Huevos

Advertisement
I actually don’t hate the hire but feel we rushed. You needed to take a step back, take emotion out of it and make a sound decision. That didn’t happen over 11 hours.

If he hires a big time OC I feel like he’ll be just fine here. I feel like we got the guy who looked at Miami as his dream job and if he surrounds himself with the right offensive staff we will be ****n!

What in the heck aren’t you watching to think randy Shannon or Larry put you to sleep Coker have in common? Larry and randy we’re apart of the butch Mario crew bro, we don’t want anything to do with 2001 Miami staff
I don't want anything to do with CMRs staff..

The problem people are having is Diaz, just days ago, was offered his first HC opportunity at lowly Temple. Fast forward to yesterday and suddenly Miami offer's him the job. Schools such as Temple are great for a young Coach to prove himself. Miami should be exclusive to the proven one's only.
Should be, but what can you do when there aren't a lot of proven coaches chomping at the bit to come here.

Advertisement
Miami should be exclusive to the proven one's only.

Yea...well alot of "proven" coaches are kinda regarded as has-beens that are too old (Mark Richt anybody?) or comfortable in the jobs they're already in because they're -- just as you said -- proven.

Easy to type on a message board....alot harder to actually obtain.

Advertisement
Should be, but what can you do when there aren't a lot of proven coaches chomping at the bit to come here.
People should realize that we always had trouble attracting the big names every time we had to fill the position.

JJ apparently almost begged Sam Jankovich when Howard left. Jimmy wanted so badly to get out of Stillwater, so he could have a real social life.

I don't remember that much about Erickson's hire, but there was apparently a connection between Jankovich and Erickson from the Pacific Northwest.

With Coker and Shannon, I don't know that we had a lot of other great candidates lining up for the job. These guys were easy, and cheap, fallbacks.

It seems that we had trouble attracting a lot of top people. That excludes the oddballs like the Pirate since I don't think a staid BOT would want him. I doubt he would've ever been a serious candidate for the UM head job.

The problem people are having is Diaz, just days ago, was offered his first HC opportunity at lowly Temple. Fast forward to yesterday and suddenly Miami offer's him the job. Schools such as Temple are great for a young Coach to prove himself. Miami should be exclusive to the proven one's only.

Two of the four playoff teams hired guys who had never proven themselves as head coaches.

Two of the four playoff teams hired guys who had never proven themselves as head coaches.
And as we've established already, coaches like Dabo are an exception to the rule.

I could just as easily ask why Shannon, didn't bring home a 6th national championship. I could easily point out the decline of the Canes dynasty under Coker. See, it's easy to pick and choose examples that fit your narrative.

I was only conveying why the hire hasn't gone over too well with certain Canes fans.

Advertisement
3A25BBCA-C651-476C-82CF-971F7C74188C.gif

And as we've established already, coaches like Dabo are an exception to the rule.

I could just as easily ask why Shannon, didn't bring home a 6th national championship. I could easily point out the decline of the Canes dynasty under Coker. See, it's easy to pick and choose examples that fit your narrative.

I was only conveying why the hire hasn't gone over too well with certain Canes fans.

Of the top 10 teams in the country, 4 of them went with unproven coordinators who were first time head coaches and less expensive than the previous HC.

Clemson
UGA
Oklahoma
UCF

40% is not an "exception to the rule."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back