Manny Diaz's defense gets exposed in year 2

rayray

Sophomore
if you're one of the (many) posters who repeated this nonsense, please come and collect your L

Advertisement
That was a very very small minority as I think most of us knew what we had as you could tell from the 2nd half of the ND game on these young bucks were learning the system and putting it together. Best D cordinator this year easily.

Advertisement
As the defense has gotten stronger and more disciplined, there has been less of a need to excessively blitz in order to. Cover up for earlier weaknesses.The better the Talent the more we can play straight up.

if you're one of the (many) posters who repeated this nonsense, please come and collect your L

Can someone who knows the Xs and Os really well explain why we incessantly run this play?

To my untrained eye it looks like we have at best a 1/5 success rate and the other team often ends up with open WR's running around.

Bc Manny is a slightly better version of Dorito. His defense reminds me of Rob Ryan and Gregg Williams. All this fancy stuff with no ability to line up and play sound fundamental ball.

LMAO!

It's like ole Mack Brown hates Diaz. He never picks us and a lot of that is probably because of Diaz. He hired Diaz at Texas which we all know how that ended up. Diaz is better because that experience at Texas. He's perfect for UM because he knows the standard and the kind of players growing up in this area.

Advertisement
As the defense has gotten stronger and more disciplined, there has been less of a need to excessively blitz in order to. Cover up for earlier weaknesses.The better the Talent the more we can play straight up.

This +1000
I was thinking about that during the game. I think our inconsistency vs the run earlier in the year was more a byproduct of Manny trying to cover up some weaknesses. Knowing the Irish were going to try to run the ball we focused our attention accordingly and were successful.

That was a very very small minority as I think most of us knew what we had as you could tell from the 2nd half of the ND game on these young bucks were learning the system and putting it together. Best D cordinator this year easily.

No! No! No! Nice try though Mr. Defense Attorney. The cries for Diaz to be fired were the height of stupidity and it was far from a small minority. When I posted comments defending Diaz it created an avalanche of hate and attacks...by many!!!

Advertisement
I know I was skeptical because his results have been mixed. He would have a great year and then a bad year, etc or vice versa. I think him being back home makes a big difference. I hope he sticks around for a while but like most coaches do he will have higher aspirations.. Maybe CMR can name him coach in waiting and ask him to wait another 10 yrs...

I know I was skeptical because his results have been mixed. He would have a great year and then a bad year, etc or vice versa. I think him being back home makes a big difference. I hope he sticks around for a while but like most coaches do he will have higher aspirations.. Maybe CMR can name him coach in waiting and ask him to wait another 10 yrs...
Too bad you skipped the game for a UFC fight.

Diaz was on his game the other night. Shoulda seen it.

Advertisement
GoldenShowers is the college freshman of this board. He takes some time to learn a few elementary concepts and then claims to have all the answers with regard to football. Worst kind of poster IMO.

They probably blitzed less against ND than they have against anybody this year. I think Diaz has learned that when you're facing a struggling quarterback, it's not always the best idea to bring extra guys. A lot of times, a blitz simplifies things for a QB. I was screaming at the TV during the FSU game because he kept bringing pressure and that freshman QB was just throwing it to the spot the blitzing player was coming from. The last couple of weeks, he's trusted the DL to get pressure with 4 or sometimes even 3 rushers and it's paid off. Aggressive doesn't have to mean bringing extra rushers every down. He still dials up heavy pressure and occasional exotic blitzes but they're more effective when you're not running them over and over.

Advertisement
Back