Manny Diaz

Advertisement
I hope he stays with the U until Richt retires and takes the HC job....not wishing for any changes now but Diaz is pure Cane and we need for him to stay a Cane! Just hope as he becomes a hot prospect that he waits here.
I think it’s gonna be a while before Richt retires barring something crazy happening. I have a feeling Richt will keep this staff in place for a while. I think Diaz will be more than happy being a DC for the next few years.

I like Diaz's energy and scheme, but it's hard to look bad following Mark No D.

I hope he stays with the U until Richt retires and takes the HC job....not wishing for any changes now but Diaz is pure Cane and we need for him to stay a Cane! Just hope as he becomes a hot prospect that he waits here.
Diaz will leave for HC job but as soon as this job re opens he will for sure be atop of the list just because of what he is doing and what he will do during his time here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s amazing how people know the innermost thoughts and career aspirations of Manny Diaz.

Let me help y’all out: you have no fūcking clue.

Manny could very likely jump at the first decent P5 or even G5 that he’s offered, IF he’s offered. That has a higher probability of happening than him being content as a HC-in-waiting for 5, 6, 10 years (if that’s ever even offered by Miami).

Most young coaches are ambitious. But either way, I’m not going to pretend I know what his career aspirations are. Because those are the thoughts most people rarely discuss openly with anyone but their spouse.

It’s insane the stuff you people delude yourselves about and then convince yourselves is true. Fūcking Fantasyland.

I have no visions of Diaz waiting it out here in Coral Gables unless he really likes it here and has no other wishes to leave. Or like OCC said, could leave for the 1st opening he is offered be it G5 or P5. None of us really knows what his thought process is but this I can say - he’s our DC this season and seems to really enjoy working and coaching our young men. Will that last forever? No. But right now let’s just be thankful he’s our DC

Diaz seems like a cool guy, but as DC. He is average at best up to this point. If offenses only got 2 downs and had to punt. He would be at the top of the DC list.

I can't even take this as a serious thread. Didn't this program finally establish itself. After 15 years of amateurs at the helm?

Advertisement
It’s amazing how people know the innermost thoughts and career aspirations of Manny Diaz.

Manny could very likely jump at the first decent P5 or even G5 that he’s offered, IF he’s offered. That has a higher probability of happening than him being content as a HC-in-waiting for 5, 6, 10 years (if that’s ever even offered by Miami).

Most young coaches are ambitious. But either way, I’m not going to pretend I know what his career aspirations are. Because those are the thoughts most people rarely discuss openly with anyone but their spouse.

It’s insane the stuff you people delude yourselves about and then convince yourselves is true. Fūcking Fantasyland.
Yes it is silly to think that he wouldn't leave for a good HC job if it had great money and prestige. It's par for the course in CFB or elsewhere.
Last year his father was interviewed and if I could accurately read into it he pretty much said he'll definitely consider it... I say there's no doubt he will.

Yes it is silly to think that he wouldn't leave for a good HC job if it had great money and prestige. It's par for the course in CFB or elsewhere.
Last year his father was interviewed and if I could accurately read into it he pretty much said he'll definitely consider it... I say there's no doubt he will.

Maybe he will leave and maybe he won’t. It’s probably more likely he would leave if it was a nice HC job he was offered, but I don’t claim to know either way.

But at least you have a reference to an actual person that knows him, making a comment about his possible intentions, even if his dad’s remarks might be subject to different interpretations.

I mean some of these posts are mind boggling. May as well be talking about pink unicorns, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny.

Advertisement
When it comes to being the HC, I think we've learned that the University of Miami is not the place for on-the-job training. He'll get his opportunity to cut his teeth somewhere else and be ready when the pristine program Mark Richt has built is ready for new leadership. That day is not soon approaching though. Richt has at least 2 titles to win.

I love Diaz and he’s all Dade County all Miami ... I just can’t see many overtaking Miami as hc anytime soon nor I really want to .. I like Richts staff a lot and hope it Stays intact but still green I think each year so far they’ve build credibility and I see it Continuing to traject up ..: feel like 5 years or so from now Mark Richt will have definitely brought us back and will make us a cfb powerhouse again ... but it’d be a shame to follow that up with mediocrity in Diaz and I feel like that’s what has killed us in the past 15 years from hiring mediocrily from within like Coker and Shannon .. may be unpopular but who knows Diaz is still young as a coach and maybe he can get battle tested with being alongside richt

All of this coming from someone who has been documented at being absolutely amazing at telling people how little clue they have while having no clue about what they know.

I'm really impressed you've been able to remove your foot from your mouth, but you might want to stop throwing stones from your glass house.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back