Manny Diaz

Developing these two young TE is the easiest job on the staff. They already came in as ballers.
I mean... half the battle is getting these young ballers to buy in to the system. The other half is developing them. Hartley makes the second half easier by doing the first half better.

Advertisement
Solid response. Would definitely read again. Five stars.

Wow, a poster I’ve never heard of or posted anything worth remembering doesn’t like my answer to a simple question?

A poster version of a fart not liking my post is just a hurt I’ll have to get over.

Wow, a poster I’ve never heard of or posted anything worth remembering doesn’t like my answer to a simple question?

A poster version of a fart not liking my post is just a hurt I’ll have to get over.

1. I didn't say I didn't like your response
2. I don't think post count is a pre-requisite to say anything on this board.

I'm here for the news and jokes man and your response made me laugh.

Díaz is an average DC

He’s never fielded an elite defense in his entire career. Great at coach speak, though (violence, at bats, etc)

This.

The answer for a dumb question.
If Miami was to hire a Dc it would actually be an elite Dc.

Mannys only chance of ever being a HC at a school like the U is to go to a Mac program or small power five school.

The days of dumpster diving , and shopping in the dollar bin are over.

I like Diaz but not sold enough to will him the head coaching job down the road that’s for sure.

Advertisement
Maybe he doesn't want to be a HC...**** look at Bud Foster. His phone has been buzzing for 10+ years for a HC gig.

He's a drunk . The only time his phone rings is when one of his assistants is calling to see if he's ready for a beer run,

I don't think Manny leaves for another DC job anytime soon. Take it for what it's worth (some rando on an internet message board), but I have heard that the school is prepared to give Manny a significant pay raise to ensure he stays at DC.

Advertisement
I don't think Manny leaves for another DC job anytime soon. Take it for what it's worth (some rando on an internet message board), but I have heard that the school is prepared to give Manny a significant pay raise to ensure he stays at DC.
It wouldn't be shocking if they did. They've thrown extension to coaches before that hadn't proven they deserved it.

The turnover chain is great. TFL and sacks are great.

Giving up 3rd and 20 3 times in a drive sucks.

I understand he has had a ton of youth his 1st 2 years, but now is the time that we see the payoff.

Much of this defense will be fielded with guys that have 2 years in the system.

It wouldn't be shocking if they did. They've thrown extension to coaches before that hadn't proven they deserved it.

Manny has not proven himself to be elite yet. But to compare him to other coaches who we’ve extended unfairly, is just ridiculous.

He’s a much better DC than Shannon was a head coach, he’s a much better DC than Golden was a head coach, and he’s a much better DC than Doritos.

If you’re comparing him to these extensions, you’re just plain wrong. He’s way better at his job then they were at theirs.

Does he deserve an extension now? Based on his first two years, I would say a modest one. If he continues to improve and starts fielding top 10 - top 20, elite type defenses, then even more.

The turnover chain is great. TFL and sacks are great.

Giving up 3rd and 20 3 times in a drive sucks.

I understand he has had a ton of youth his 1st 2 years, but now is the time that we see the payoff.

Much of this defense will be fielded with guys that have 2 years in the system.
Completely Agree

Advertisement
Call me crazy, but I think Manny is having a real good time here.

I don't see him in a rush to leave - for whatever.

Richt will coach for another 5-7yrs. Not sure Diaz is going to stick around that long unless he keeps getting raises and performs.

Completely Agree

Diaz is a boom or bust coach. Had a friend play for him at MTSU and he said it’s always been that way. He is going to bring the house and play the odds. We will unfortunately continue to give up those long 3rd downs when our blitzes don’t get home. It’s the risk he is willing to take. I’ll live with it cause anything is better than No’D just sitting back in a zone and letting people pick us apart.

Advertisement
He's a drunk . The only time his phone rings is when one of his assistants is calling to see if he's ready for a beer run,
Say what you want about foster but his defenses most of the time have been solid.he's tore us up more once.you better come prepared to play his defenses or he will eat your lunch with that beer.

Think Manny would make a good hc.he had to blitz cause of no pressure from the front 4.I'd rather have a coach who will try something else if what you are doing doesn't work.and not waiting till Monday news conference to give stats to give yourself the look of they we've improved here and need work here and try tell you it's a process after a loss.don't think anyone of us wants to see that again.

Say what you want about foster but his defenses most of the time have been solid.he's tore us up more once.you better come prepared to play his defenses or he will eat your lunch with that beer.

He’s a great Dc, he’s just a drink . That’s why he is and always be a Dc.

Advertisement
Back