Manny Diaz

JgDaCane

All American
You really can see improvements everywhere on the field. VERY proud of the way this defense played. Flew around all night, made plays when we needed them, & laid some VICIOUS hits like the old days. Guy was a great hire for us. Only allowing 20 points to an offense of FSU's caliber is something to take as a positive. Im ******* heartbroken as anybody. Still, a pretty good defensive performance & it has been all year.

Advertisement
Manny is Savage and had the boys ready to play. This defense is going to be sick for the next few years.

Advertisement
I agree but saw 3-4 creeping in last night and it seemed that no good happened on those plays. Needs to stop getting cute and stick with base.

Still day you have to cover the best player on the field.

That was a missed assignment; not a design issue.

All in all, the defensive game was really well-designed, got about as much from our talent as you can ask for and maybe a little more. That's all you can ask for from your coaches. Problem is he faces a UNC team now that actually is much better situated to beating his design. So, we'll see what happens there.

Advertisement

All in all, the defensive game was really well-designed, got about as much from our talent as you can ask for and maybe a little more. That's all you can ask for from your coaches. Problem is he faces a UNC team now that actually is much better situated to beating his design. So, we'll see what happens there.

Wasn't that on Colbert?

Wasn't that on Colbert?

No. Pickney.

The wheel route wasnt bad design, but the other touchdown was just too easy. 2 guys to cover 3, with you lB from the middle of field showing blitz having to try to cover fastest player for both teams on field? Not a good look. But the majority of what he did worked so it could be nitpicking. I know coming off last performance in rain UNC is gonna want to redeem themselves, hope we can hold up against a true spread, we will see plenty, I mean PLENTY of outside hash, screen, throws from them, they will stress this defense with quick throws

Manny Diaz has been a pleasant surprise considering not many were happy with him being the D-coordinator given his performance at Texas. We saw the best offense that we'll see all season and the D held them to 20 points. Recruiting for that side of the ball should be easier going forward now that we have a good sample size.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz has been a pleasant surprise considering not many were happy with him being the D-coordinator given his performance at Texas. We saw the best offense that we'll see all season and the D held them to 20 points. Recruiting for that side of the ball should be easier going forward now that we have a good sample size.

I think you are under estimating some of the offenses we will see in coming weeks, UNC, VT and ND have all shown they can move ball and put points on the board. I like what I have seen and am looking forward to see how we perform against these other teams

Idk if you guys were watching what I was. Yes we made some plays, but for the most part they always gained like 6-7 yards running on first down. Which made the 3rd down that much easier. Diaz has been known for being a third down guru. Go look at their 3rd down conversion rate compared to other games this year. Still have a long ways to go

Coach Kool & Diaz are the only coaches who will get a complete pass from me this season...

What they've done with such limited resources has been more than **** good.

And they're pretty much the only guys on staff along with Coach Banda, that actually knows how to recruit.

Advertisement
Idk if you guys were watching what I was. Yes we made some plays, but for the most part they always gained like 6-7 yards running on first down. Which made the 3rd down that much easier. Diaz has been known for being a third down guru. Go look at their 3rd down conversion rate compared to other games this year. Still have a long ways to go

Yes we do but we will also get better talent & more experince. This D flys around. Gotta love that.

I think you are under estimating some of the offenses we will see in coming weeks, UNC, VT and ND have all shown they can move ball and put points on the board. I like what I have seen and am looking forward to see how we perform against these other teams

Guess I should preface my post with we won't see an offense that consists of the best RB in the nation with Cook. Fully aware that the offenses you've listed are capable of scoring as well. Also, UNC put up 3 points yesterday, so you're aware.

worst part of the lost is that it takes away from the job our defense did. young LBs played as well as we could have asked. D line showed up too. This should have been a 2 score win. The D constantly got put into bad situations and bailed us out.

Wasn't that on Colbert?

No. Pickney.

From the All 22, I don't think that was man coverage as Herbie was suggesting. Corn seemed to have a 3rd, Rayshawn had deep middle, and Colbert had the other deep 3rd. If your zone isn't threatened, you run with a the guy that goes up that seam. Basically a 3 deep zone with man principles if your 3rd isn't challenged

Play took a really long time to develop so Cook wasn't immediately threatening that part of the field.

Would love to hear what better minds think, but I don't think that was as much a blown assignment as it was Jimbo making a really dope call on first down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back