Manny Diaz was really our best option as the next HC

HurricaneAlex

Sophomore
Banned
I am very Happy the U hired Manny Diaz he earned the position as head coach and you can see that he is hungry to win now which I feel he will.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saying he was our best option after a 7 hour search is simply incorrect.

With that said, I'm on board if he hires a competent offensive staff.
Who else knows this football program better than Manny does ? also if you hired any other coach you will need to hire a new DC and OC with Manny as HC all we need is a great/good OC and we could become a playoff contender way sooner than most people think.

Who else knows this football program better than Manny does ? also if you hired any other coach you will need to hire a new DC and OC with Manny as HC all we need is a great/good OC and we could become a playoff contender way sooner than most people think.
That’s the problem, continuity with this **** show.

Look, I'll give him a shot if he can get someone to put up points. But we just hired someone from a failing regime and people are trying to compare it to the OU/OSU situation. Absolutely delusional.

Advertisement
I agree. The only coach out there that was worth taking a crack at was Urban Meyer and he’s not trying to coach anytime soon. Everyone crying about someone other Manny, please tell us who would have been better and based on what?

Advertisement
I agree. The only coach out there that was worth taking a crack at was Urban Meyer and he’s not trying to coach anytime soon. Everyone crying about someone other Manny, please tell us who would have been better and based on what?
Would you like 20 other threads summarized for you?

We have yet another new coach. Let the slurping and fapping begin!

Look, I'll give him a shot if he can get someone to put up points. But we just hired someone from a failing regime and people are trying to compare it to the OU/OSU situation. Absolutely delusional.
This guy coached one of the best defenses in college football program the past two seasons, we all know Miami failure was the offense and Manny had no control over that or power to change it, Richt ran the offense/team to the dumpster fire cant blame Manny for that.

Advertisement

Diaz has never been a HC/Patke & Banda have never been DC- too much inexperience

Diaz & most of current staff are lazy recruiters

What’s the point of continuity if the current team performance is poor. We needed an overhaul of the staff

Just stop. There is no possibly way you can say he was our best option when no other potential candidates were even contacted. You know, guys with actual experience and track records as head coaches. I’ve accepted that Manny is the guy for better or worse but this thread is taking sunshine pumping to the next level.

Just stop. There is no possibly way you can say he was our best option when no other potential candidates were even contacted. You know, guys with actual experience and track records as head coaches. I’ve accepted that Manny is the guy for better or worse but this thread is taking sunshine pumping to the next level.

They called Gruden, he said no. So, they went for plan B. Diaz.

Advertisement
Back