Manny Diaz on the Joe Rose Show 10/12/2020

Advertisement
He said something like we all know the WRs DIDN’T play well enough to win.

He said they were “okay.”

He also said OL tried to do too much and black two guys when a backer had a LB picked up.
He starts at the 10:05 mark and says "I think they played okay".

He then states that "I don't think anybody on our football team feels they played good enough to win that game"

We clearly didn’t go with measurables with our starting core. They are all rail thin and weaker than girl scouts

We passed on Moore because we didn't have enough size in the class or on the roster. We chose Ezzard over this kid. Moore's size is what was being reported as the reason we weren't going hard after him at the time.

This reminds me of baseball scouts pre-moneyball era over thinking and drafting kids based on body type instead of just being able to hit the **** ball. All anyone should care about is separation. This kid was annihilating guys out of his breaks in every camp video with solid tape to go with it.

I almost hope he's being disingenuous (which makes me nauseous, but it's better than the alternative). There's a **** ton of film evidence and probably every Clemson blogger under the sun has written about how they've altered their front to let their LBs fill inside. I mean, we talked about it all last week and were even worried Xavier Thomas would contribute. I thought it was pretty reasonable to expect us to be prepared for something Clemson has now consistently done. Just because they didn't do certain things against UVA or the Citadel? Ha. I have to believe he's blowing smoke.
We were posting a ton with a bye week included I cant find the actual post yet but multiple people said we would see a 4i front with aggressive loaded box, double/bracket on brevin and dare the jag WR to beat their corners on low percentage throw.. How could these guys not know that? Or atleast have a answer "just in case", or even after reviewing film from first 3 games say hey we need answer going forward..

I have no choice to believe him because we came out and ran iz and did not adjust. there were huge holes and bubbles to exploit if we scrap read and actually just block the guy in front of us.. These guys were hella small up front, 3 dline, 2 backers and the rest dbs.. Look at first play and you see a HUGE hole to left with green grass but we are soo tied to zone read like its 2010 and the best DC in america doesnt have answers..

Always keep in mind these most corches are overpaid PE corches and the same top guys run circles around everyone else..

Advertisement
We passed on Moore because we didn't have enough size in the class or on the roster. We chose Ezzard over this kid. Moore's size is what was being reported as the reason we weren't going hard after him at the time.

This reminds me of baseball scouts pre-moneyball era over thinking and drafting kids based on body type instead of just being able to hit the **** ball. All anyone should care about is separation. This kid was annihilating guys out of his breaks in every camp video with solid tape to go with it.

Oh I understand why we didn’t go after him, I’m just saying it didn’t make any sense bc of what we have right now. Size wasn’t an issue for these guys even though they’re tiny.

He would easily be the #1 here.

We were posting a ton with a bye week included I cant find the actual post yet but multiple people said we would see a 4i front with aggressive loaded box, double/bracket on brevin and dare the jag WR to beat their corners on low percentage throw.. How could these guys not know that? Or atleast have a answer "just in case", or even after reviewing film from first 3 games say hey we need answer going forward..

I have no choice to believe him because we came out and ran iz and did not adjust. there were huge holes and bubbles to exploit if we scrap read and actually just block the guy in front of us.. These guys were hella small up front, 3 dline, 2 backers and the rest dbs.. Look at first play and you see a HUGE hole to left with green grass but we are soo tied to zone read like its 2010 and the best DC in america doesnt have answers..

Always keep in mind these most corches are overpaid PE corches and the same top guys run circles around everyone else..
I honestly wasn't asking for a lot from the game. I wrote it out explicitly and said it straightforwardly on the Pod. I'm aware of what our veteran WRs have shown us. I was aware of Clemson's advantages and the probability of Venables dialing it up for us. I merely wanted to see us prepared and counter punch.

Man up the WRs and double Jordan? Ok, create mismatches for Mallory, a slot, or to our RBs. Lock us in the inside run game? Run counters, jet sweeps, misdirection. But, come out of the gate with it. Like they did. They came out scripted to get exactly what they wanted. Or, ****, once we get stuffed, quickly adjust. Anything to show we can punch a bit. That's why it was so disappointing. Like I've stated repeatedly, complete suffocation is not well-explained by one weak position grouping or one bad quarter.

Now, let's see wtf we do against a team on a level below Clemson.

I honestly wasn't asking for a lot from the game. I wrote it out explicitly and said it straightforwardly on the Pod. I'm aware of what our veteran WRs have shown us. I was aware of Clemson's advantages and the probability of Venables dialing it up for us. I merely wanted to see us prepared and counter punch.

Man up the WRs and double Jordan? Ok, create mismatches for Mallory, a slot, or to our RBs. Lock us in the inside run game? Run counters, jet sweeps, misdirection. But, come out of the gate with it. Like they did. They came out scripted to get exactly what they wanted. Or, ****, once we get stuffed, quickly adjust. Anything to show we can punch a bit. That's why it was so disappointing. Like I've stated repeatedly, complete suffocation is not well-explained by one weak position grouping or one bad quarter.

I got hate for sayin how bad Harley and pope are. Brevin is good but brittle

Advertisement
Well if that’s what he saw then my question to you Manny is what the **** are you gonna do about?! Smh this guy is to much, I want to scream at him nothing changes manny unless ask for change. How about getting in the refs and the accs @sses until this BS is fixed! Stop being such a nice guy ***** because all that’s gonna do is cost your job by consistently letting the refs/acc Fvck you!
There's nothing he can do about it except stamp his feet, cry to the officials and say it's unfair. We've sent weekly game tapes to league officials for over a decade. The targeting on Carter was called by the league who was reviewing it online. The call on the field was unnecessary roughing.

Don't you remember the replay review that was called by the league after the next play was run. Don't you remember Richt going ballistic in the bowl game against Wisconsin when a holding right in from of him wasn't called. Haven't you noticed the stoppages of play for reviews while we were trying to play hurry up. Don't you remember the officiating crew getting fired the day after the Duke return. The officials got the message. The league is just making sure nothing's left to chance.

Last edited:

If you get a chance check the way we attack it and what we could have done on same alignment as Clemson

50:10 mark shows exact same alignment and how we could of attacked ( @CanesAreAble thread reminded me I saw this earlier)

1:37 mark first offensive play, check clemson alignment

Advertisement
I almost hope he's being disingenuous (which makes me nauseous, but it's better than the alternative). There's a **** ton of film evidence and probably every Clemson blogger under the sun has written about how they've altered their front to let their LBs fill inside. I mean, we talked about it all last week and were even worried Xavier Thomas would contribute. I thought it was pretty reasonable to expect us to be prepared for something Clemson has now consistently done. Just because they didn't do certain things against UVA or the Citadel? Ha. I have to believe he's blowing smoke.
Two weeks to PREPARE for mighty Clemson. That's all I need to know about the head coach and his chosen staff.

After all, I all I wanted to witness was a COMPETITIVE game Saturn night past. That's all. Just a competitive game!

Won't waste my time listening to what he has to say. Diaz thinks he's better than what he is. Instead of trying to get better he makes silly ads excuses. I wonder come off season if he'll go to other campuses and talk to other coaches. Polly not cause his ego is to big. Dude need to swallow his pride and make changes in certain areas. For one stop letting players like Mallory and pope play like some *******. If he can't find someone better than Harley just leave earth imedaitly. Move Atari carter aka the **** cloth attractor to lb.

Advertisement
Never understood why our coaches over the last several years constantly resort to "the did something completely different that caught us off guard" as if that's a viable excuse for failure. You shouldn't be surprised by Clemson altering fronts, as they do it all the time.

Being surprised and caught off guard isn't a great look for millionaire coaches, so they should drop that from their excuse ****nal. If they came out and ran the wishbone, then, yeah, say you were surprised. He'd be much better off telling some version of the truth without coming across as negative and tanking.

Advertisement
Back