Manny Diaz on Packer & Durham this morning

Ok big guy risk a whole season and a young man's career over a non-conference game that is a season opener, not a playoff game. Like I said if he isn't 100 sit him. Sorry I'd rather be 11-1 or 10-2 and keep our recruiting momentum going than 6-7 with a back up in there.
We play our first string starters against D1-AA opponents. They're not china dolls. You play every game to win.

Advertisement
But why would you assume they're "rushing" him back? When has UM ever rushed anyone back from any injury? If the medical staff clears him, then I just say they have never even once given us a reason to think they're anything but cautious. So why doubt them now?

Believe me, I know knee injuries can be tricky... but I also know that pretty much no two knee injuries are the same. You can have a full tear, a partial tear, barely any tear, a tear in different places... it's a complicated joint. We're not doctors, and even if we are, we're not the ones treating him. The fact that they were saying immediately after he injured it that he'll be back in the fall has me believe that he lucked out and his injury wasn't as bad as it looked on TV. I don't know why people just assume they're rushing anything. I've never known UM to do that. If anything, UM errs on the side of being too careful, not the other way around IMO.
We don’t know the severity of King’s injury and never will. It’s really none of our business. We’ll have to trust that his doctors will do everything possible to help him heal, Feeley will do everything possible to help him re-hab, and we know **** well King will put in the work.

If he’s cleared to play, he’ll play against Bama.

Medically cleared and 100% aren’t the same thing dude.

Try wrapping your head around that before proceeding.
i wonder when people start to understand that athletes who are "medically cleared" to do sports arent neccessarily healthy

the amount of football players who play with severe injuries whilst being "medically cleared" is absurd

They are going to do everything they can to get him ready to play. Manny isn’t stupid. He knows that a 30 or 40 point loss and the fan base is going to be up in arms and his seat is going to start getting really hot.
And the seat should get very hot. There is no excuse for any 30-40 point loss against ANY team if he is doing his job...UNC was beyond extremely concerning, but here’s to a fresh start in 2021.

Advertisement
Medically cleared and 100% aren’t the same thing dude.

Try wrapping your head around that before proceeding.
I think ppl and yourself are underestimating the seriousness of the injury and the timetable. Pretty easy to say *** it when it's not your body or your fam, wrap your head around that b4 proceeding.

I think ppl and yourself are underestimating the seriousness of the injury and the timetable. Pretty easy to say *** it when it's not your body or your fam, wrap your head around that b4 proceeding

You are the only one here saying when he should and shouldn’t play. And you have less than zero idea what the extent of his injury was so how can you know if anyone is underestimating it.

All I’ve said is the doctors and king himself will decide. Coaches have no say and the opponent is a irrelevant.

Advertisement
You are the only one here saying when he should and shouldn’t play. And you have less than zero idea what the extent of his injury was so how can you know if anyone is underestimating it.

All I’ve said is the doctors and king himself will decide. Coaches have no say and the opponent is a irrelevant.
Hmmmm I doubt it's that clear cut or that the coaches have no say. Like they said medically cleared and 100% are 2 different things, so the coach would have no say then?

You guys are kidding yourselves, 7 to 8 months after an ACL surgery against practically an NFL defense. Smh I dnt like that equation.

Shades of DeAndre Francois

Hmmmm I doubt it's that clear cut or that the coaches have no say. Like they said medically cleared and 100% are 2 different things, so the coach would have no say then?

You guys are kidding yourselves, 7 to 8 months after an ACL surgery against practically an NFL defense. Smh I dnt like that equation.

Shades of DeAndre Francois
Every ACL injury is different from the other. It really depends on additional ligament damage, overall wear of the knee joint, muscle support from the hamstrings, etc.

Every person also rehabs differently. King was actually ready to go out and play again until the MRI confirmed the ACL tear. I played in soccer with someone who was practicing who didnt realize that he was running with a torn ACL until the coach pulled him out because he saw how his kneecap moved around.

Adrian Peterson started Week 1 in 2012 after tearing his ACL on Christmas Eve the year before. We all know what happened later. It really differs from case to case.

Advertisement
Bama game is a scheduled L. I’m crying at Manny lowering expectations by refusing to play king. He’s a loser and will never win.

Did you previously write for pravada and cover grain shortages? Most apologist tripe I’ve ever seen on this board. We are entering year 18 of a long run of failure. The floor is let’s be competitive and have expectations of competing. We have the fan base we deserve after all this losing I guess.

It’s spelled Pravda, smart ***. Nice example of when trying to sound literate goes wrong, and affirms your stupidity.

What in the holy fūck are you even talking about? I’m not lowering expectations, nor am I apologizing for anything or anybody. You sound like a knuckle dragging cretin. Check that. You most certainly are a knuckle dragging cretin.

The only purpose for my post was to say that an early season loss or WIN is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We could catch Alabama and get a win, and then go ahead and lose four games or more - then what does that win mean? Same thing with a loss. It’s what happens the rest of the season that really counts in 2021, moron.

Yes a win would be great, but it doesn’t mean our troubles are over. And you’re so stupid you couldn’t understand the Virginia Tech example. They beat a national championship, a top-notch team, and they continue to suck and have sucked since then. How much did that win mean to them? In the long run, nothing.

You can now go back to being the mouth breathing troglodyte that I see in that avi.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not a bad example, but Virginia Tech isn't Miami, and OSU isn't Alabama. Nobody talks year after year about Virginia Tech being "back," and nobody talks about OSU as a modern dynasty.

If Miami beats Alabama, all you're going to hear about is "Is the U Back?" all year long. Recruits all over Florida will be pumped. Kids in Texas and California will be buying D'Eriq King jerseys. Believe it or not, a lot of people WANT to like Miami, we just haven't given them any reason to in the last 20 years.

Miami still has the brand equity that if we go out there and actually prove we're more than just an ACC Coastal team, and we get some people across the country believing we're for real, the hype train will start running in a way it never would for a team like Va Tech. Questions about Manny would be erased, and our recruiting would hit another level, especially with the hometown kids.

Listen. We could beat bammer and lose to Duke. That’s why I used the VagTech example. My entire point is, to say “we back” is going to be a multi-year process, unless we go undefeated and win the NC for the 2021 season.

One game does not mean you’re back.

He’s playing against bama ( unless there’s a major setback) and is way ahead of schedule. He’s had multiple knee injuries in his career, I’m sure he can handle the mental side of coming back. This isn’t 1998 , and we have amazing doctors. Luckily he doesn’t have a high ankle sprain like Chris Lykes, we got lucky it was only an acl.

Attachments

• A0DF55C7-E4AE-4821-B50B-2AB7537696A8.gif
    A0DF55C7-E4AE-4821-B50B-2AB7537696A8.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Where is the outcome against Bama between 1) Canes byke b¡tches, 2) Canes making progress, 3) Canes suck, 4) I hate myself for being a Canes fan--my life is worthless, 5) I will self-immolate (and take Sofer IPF with me) if Blake doesn't fire Manuela this instant for yesterday's debacle!

1) Canes W?
2) Canes L by 3-10?
3) Canes L by 14-21?
4) Canes L by 24-35
5) Canes L by 40+?

What score encourages you? What score is more the same old sh¡t?

Advertisement
Back