Manny Diaz linebacker recruiting

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
It's refreshing to see how Diaz targets LBs. He's already offered Gregory Rousseau, Patrick Joyner and Ashtan Pierre, none of whom play LB in high school. He's going after athletic beasts and trusting his ability to coach them.

Shannon was the opposite. He wanted ready-made LBs like Glenn Cook. Shannon didn't even offer Ryan Shazier because he played DE in high school. Golden recruited the hybrids but didn't know what to do with them.

Diaz really understands South Florida athletes and how to use them.

Advertisement
Dmoney with the hat trick of threads since 12:49am this morning. Impressive stuff, and thanks for the effort.

Advertisement
after seeing what Manny did with the young LB core from last year i have no doubts about how he will go forward with that position and i see it being VERY successful

I'm iffy on his linebacker recruiting after the 17 class none seem like they will ever be starters for us

I just don't get posters sometimes. First off No top LB in the 2017 was going to come here because A. The starters are all Freshman. B. The backups are all upper classman.

All 3 linebackers in the 2017 class will all probably redshirt but should be Beast in 2018 and 2019.

But another thing, what is up with Cane Fans. It's like y'all expect every recruit to be a stud from Day 1.

I'm not talking day one lol I'm just saying we took 3 guys last year that are probably career backups talent wise

Advertisement
I just don't get posters sometimes. First off No top LB in the 2017 was going to come here because A. The starters are all Freshman. B. The backups are all upper classman.

All 3 linebackers in the 2017 class will all probably redshirt but should be Beast in 2018 and 2019.

But another thing, what is up with Cane Fans. It's like y'all expect every recruit to be a stud from Day 1.

We shouldn't be recruiting players that aren't expected to be a stud.

It's refreshing to see how Diaz targets LBs. He's already offered Gregory Rousseau, Patrick Joyner and Ashtan Pierre, none of whom play LB in high school. He's going after athletic beasts and trusting his ability to coach them.

Shannon was the opposite. He wanted ready-made LBs like Glenn Cook. Shannon didn't even offer Ryan Shazier because he played DE in high school. Golden recruited the hybrids but didn't know what to do with them.

giphy.webp

You mean like how Pickney was an overlooked 3 star?

Advertisement

He recruits speed and upside not big and slow . All 3 of them will not RS from 2017 class. I can see a bigger safety get moved to olb too

Advertisement

His work as LB coach last year was nothing short of miraculous. Folden recruited him 3 beasts, but I've never seen a college team start 3 true freshmans LBs in the 75 years I've been following college football closely.

Speed, speed and more speed. Get talented blazing fast linebackers and develop them because teams will not be able to adjust to them easily so Manny is already 1 steps ahead especially with the linebacker jobs locked down the next 2 years

Advertisement
Back