Manny Diaz created a Top 3 defense within 3 years of arrival...

He took Al Golden washouts, brought in recruiting juice and coaching intensity to get the Canes back into a Top 3 position within 3 years. It was too bad MR and JR weren't able to match that improvement on Offense or else the Canes wound have been among the ship contenders the past couple years.

If Saban was needing a DC- he would have probably snatched Diaz in a heart beat.

Miami made the right decision to grab him-- home town boy with big time family connections in the Miami area. It means Manny is from THE CRIB and would fight hard to bring Miami back. Diaz was more likely to be that compared to all the other options last December.

The only mistake i've seen Diaz make is to step away from day-to-day management of the Defense. His hand-off to Baker was a mistake. But he just figured that out and likely Baker is gone when season's over. I guarantee you Diaz will find a good DC.

Handing off the defense isn't a mistake. Leaders delegate. The problem is Baker sucks (so far) and Diaz chose him.

Advertisement
Butch Davis did nothing but get his *** kicked on the regular by every good team he played amidst harsh sanctions. He didn't build his great team until AFTER sanctions and scholarship reductions ended. Nobody on that 2001 team was recruited under any cloud or future sanctions hanging over the program. We had already taken our bowl ban and scholarship reductions.

Can you please stop saying that pure fiction statement then start crying about how villified he is when you're corrected with actual facts.
Aaah. Wrong

Aaah. Wrong

We took scholarship reductions in 1996 and 1997. Any incoming freshman in 1998 knew the Canes were bowl eligible and probation was ending that season.

I’ll give OP the defense point.

But as HC, Diaz ignores D and let’s season tank before taking over

He promises an offense like our defense that’s going to put stress on opposing defenses?
LMAO

There’s any number of Big 12 OCs available, and this asshat hires power I play action Enos

Advertisement
some of these dumbasses would call this "elite"

5d024f1a210000a718ef7d9c.jpeg

elite titanium shoe laces

Advertisement
@Liquidstoke The only mistake i've seen Diaz make is to step away from day-to-day management of the Defense. His hand-off to Baker was a mistake. But he just figured that out and likely Baker is gone when season's over. I guarantee you Diaz will find a good DC.

Just want to know brother ...This the only mistake you have seen him make?
Also do you stand by this statement-Baker is gone when season's over. I guarantee you Diaz will find a good DC. -???

Go Canes!

Last edited:
I understand people are unhappy with Manny as the HC, but don't go revising history to make him out to be some cOrch DC, too. He completely revitalized that side of the ball into an aggressive, exciting defense that produced a **** of a lot more than it let down. He also excelled at making adjustments, and rarely did he not perform better in the second half after the first. You guys act like the DCs you all drool over never get bested at times. You guys see Aranda and LSU get marched on by UiFs backup QB? You see Venables D need a 2 point stop to escape UNC after giving up a game tying TD? It happens.

exactly ... can't wait to read the excuses

here's the real money question ..... with that "elite top 3 defense" how many championships did Miami win ?

What a dumb question. I guess you think Leach can't coach offense because his offense has never won a championship?

You really believe our D last year was that elite? That’s funny. You believe those stats.

Which stats do you "believe"?

The traditional stats say that Miami had a great defense, and the advanced stats say that Miami had a great defense. And Vegas has had us pegged as a top ~30 team all year this year, and even at the end of last year - it certainly wasn't because of our offense or special teams, so clearly Vegas has been high on our defense too.

Advertisement
But as HC, Diaz ignores D and let’s season tank before taking over

He promises an offense like our defense that’s going to put stress on opposing defenses?

Well, in all fairness, I do think the offense puts some stress on opposing defenses. Opposing defensive ends are probably pretty winded after running down QBs and RBs in the backfield all game. That can be pretty stressful when you’re a big dude who’s not used to doing all that running.

Well, in all fairness, I do think the offense puts some stress on opposing defenses. Opposing defensive ends are probably pretty winded after running down QBs and RBs in the backfield all game. That can be pretty stressful when you’re a big dude who’s not used to doing all that running.

They’ll eventually figure out they have enough time to walk to our QB

Advertisement
We took scholarship reductions in 1996 and 1997. Any incoming freshman in 1998 knew the Canes were bowl eligible and probation was ending that season.

Everything you post is delusional garbage

We took 11 a year from 96 to 98

Advertisement
Back