Manny Diaz created a Top 3 defense within 3 years of arrival...

Liquidstoke

Banned
Banned
He took Al Golden washouts, brought in recruiting juice and coaching intensity to get the Canes back into a Top 3 position within 3 years. It was too bad MR and JR weren't able to match that improvement on Offense or else the Canes wound have been among the ship contenders the past couple years.

If Saban was needing a DC- he would have probably snatched Diaz in a heart beat.

Miami made the right decision to grab him-- home town boy with big time family connections in the Miami area. It means Manny is from THE CRIB and would fight hard to bring Miami back. Diaz was more likely to be that compared to all the other options last December.

The only mistake i've seen Diaz make is to step away from day-to-day management of the Defense. His hand-off to Baker was a mistake. But he just figured that out and likely Baker is gone when season's over. I guarantee you Diaz will find a good DC.

Advertisement
If Saban was needing a DC- he would have probably snatched Diaz in a heart beat.

facepalm dos eqqus.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He took Al Golden washouts, brought in recruiting juice and coaching intensity to get the Canes back into a Top 3 position within 3 years. It was too bad MR and JR weren't able to match that improvement on Offense or else the Canes wound have been among the ship contenders the past couple years.

Miami made the right decision to grab him-- home town boy with big time family connections in the Miami area. It means Manny is from THE CRIB and would fight hard to bring Miami back. Diaz was more likely to be that compared to all the other options last December.

The only mistake i've seen Diaz make is to step away from day-to-day management of the Defense. His hand-off to Baker was a mistake. But he just figured that out and likely Baker is gone when season's over. I guarantee you Diaz will find a good DC.
Thats great and I hope he does....but if he keeps letting PEnos run the offense, his *** will be on the line sooner than later.

Dan PEnos is NOT the answer either...

Advertisement

E33C569E-6370-4EFA-BF9F-5FB6580B0B6D.jpeg

You really believe our D last year was that elite? That’s funny. You believe those stats.
Our defense was good the last three years under Diaz but it was not elite ! If anything the magic in that Turnover chain was in the heads of teams we played; which helped our cause. That **** chain and it’s mystic was good for 3 turnovers before kickoff automatically! Of course Manny can accept credit for authoring the TO Chain! But,,,, let’s not kid ourselves!! If the turnover margin were equal our defense was not a top 5 unit man! Top 15 or 20 Defense Yes! But no way A top 5 defense would have gotten destroyed by Clemson and Wisconsin under the Diaz tenure! No elite defense in America gets curb stomped like we did in those games! It just doesn’t happen!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back