Manny Diaz created a Top 3 defense within 3 years of arrival...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't fully trust Manny's Defense, I feel like in big games we would choke but let's not kid ourselves that our defense eventually breaks from the offense not being able to move the darn ball or get in the end zone. It's different when the Offense can bail the defense once in a while. Our defense has carried us the past 3 years. There's no offense in our team.

are you serious ? didnt you see how Enos hung 17 on the Mighty Chippewas ? the 61 points that the CheeseEaters put on em had to be a fluke !
DanEnosMiami.jpg

😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny gave us the best defensive performance we’ve had in over a decade... complain “it’s a Canesinsight thing, you wouldn’t understand” 🙌

He took Al Golden washouts, brought in recruiting juice and coaching intensity to get the Canes back into a Top 3 position within 3 years. It was too bad MR and JR weren't able to match that improvement on Offense or else the Canes wound have been among the ship contenders the past couple years.

If Saban was needing a DC- he would have probably snatched Diaz in a heart beat.

Miami made the right decision to grab him-- home town boy with big time family connections in the Miami area. It means Manny is from THE CRIB and would fight hard to bring Miami back. Diaz was more likely to be that compared to all the other options last December.

The only mistake i've seen Diaz make is to step away from day-to-day management of the Defense. His hand-off to Baker was a mistake. But he just figured that out and likely Baker is gone when season's over. I guarantee you Diaz will find a good DC.

Lol;
We weren’t top 3:

2018:
-18th in total defense
-21st in scoring defense
-5th in total yards/g
-1st in pass yards allowed
-46th in rushing yards allowed
-45th in RZ scores allowed/g

2017:
-28th in total defense
-29th in scoring defense
-38th in total yards/g
-50th in pass yards allowed/g
-43rd in rushing yards allowed/g
-43rd in RZ scores allowed/g

2016:
-12th in total defense
-13th in scoring defense
-24th in total yards/g
-46th in pass yards allowed
-30th in rushing yards allowed/g
-30th in RZ scores allowed/g

***courtesy of teamrankings.com & sports-reference.com***

This is not nearly elite, but to his credit, it’s much more improved than the historically bad No D yrs. However, we’ve also been slipping in most categories since 2016.

2017 was a magical yr, got all the way up to #2 in the polls, but we were Cinderella. In fact; the offense had to pull off 2 last second heroics to bail out the defense. Eventually Pittsburgh ripped off the slipper, and Clemson & Wisconsin exposed both sides of the team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He took Al Golden washouts, brought in recruiting juice and coaching intensity to get the Canes back into a Top 3 position within 3 years. It was too bad MR and JR weren't able to match that improvement on Offense or else the Canes wound have been among the ship contenders the past couple years.

If Saban was needing a DC- he would have probably snatched Diaz in a heart beat.

Miami made the right decision to grab him-- home town boy with big time family connections in the Miami area. It means Manny is from THE CRIB and would fight hard to bring Miami back. Diaz was more likely to be that compared to all the other options last December.

The only mistake i've seen Diaz make is to step away from day-to-day management of the Defense. His hand-off to Baker was a mistake. But he just figured that out and likely Baker is gone when season's over. I guarantee you Diaz will find a good DC.
Butch Davis created the Greatest Team ever, stocked with the Greatest collection of talent in NCAA History, amidst harsh NCAA sanctions because of a previous staffs F-ups within 4yrs (I see your Al Golden washouts and raise you this F-ing mess) and your coming on here bragging about this??

Last edited:
Butch Davis created the Greatest Team ever, stocked with the Greatest collection of talent in NCAA History, amidst harsh NCAA sanctions because of a previous staffs F-ups within 4yrs (I see your Al Golden washouts and raise you this F-ing mess) and your coming on here bragging about this??

Butch Davis did nothing but get his *** kicked on the regular by every good team he played amidst harsh sanctions. He didn't build his great team until AFTER sanctions and scholarship reductions ended. Nobody on that 2001 team was recruited under any cloud or future sanctions hanging over the program. We had already taken our bowl ban and scholarship reductions.

Can you please stop saying that pure fiction statement then start crying about how villified he is when you're corrected with actual facts.

Advertisement
Back