Manny Diaz - 2022 Broyles Award Finalist [Nominee not Finalist]

What criteria are they using? Zero context without a deep dive into resources, recruiting, scheme, play calling, scheme installation, in-game adjustments, preparation, man management.

Stupid, stupid list by Pro Football Failures.

Advertisement

tenor.gif

And ppl have the audacity to ? me when I said PFF is an unreliable source on the college scene. They r more accurate at the NFL level, but they are questionable at the FBS level, which is y I hate fans throwing out PFF articles regarding some of our players like we ain’t got eyes! Lol.

Advertisement
Media really trying to push that dude to another job. Crazy asf. Dude doesn't recruit he won't do well anywhere as a HC. He needs to be on a staff that recruits cause if not he's bells and whistles.
Overall, he recruited well. The blue chip ratio accelerated to Shannon levels under his tenure. But that’s overall.

He had key misses in three positions that undermined the entire team by 2022 - cornerback, offensive line, and linebacker.

And ppl have the audacity to ? me when I said PFF is an unreliable source on the college scene. They r more accurate at the NFL level, but they are questionable at the FBS level, which is y I hate fans throwing out PFF articles regarding some of our players like we ain’t got eyes! Lol.
The problem with evaluating a college football player via some scoring metric is that they’re usually going up against dudes that wouldn’t start on good teams and have no business even thinking about being in the NFL.

In the NFL everybody that’s playing is a **** freak regardless if they play 2 or 10 years.
You’re narrowing down talent form a pool of thousands of college players to 259. And about half of those will be doing something other than football in about 2 years.

The ones that are left are at the elite level of their craft. It’s the same thing as being worried about a highly rated recruit that plays against questionable competition.

Also, if a player is already on a stacked team his weaknesses can be hidden. It’s hard to hide in the nfl. The league will expose you big time.

It’s also skewed by the fact all these B1G Defenses are always ranked so high because they play like 2 teams a year that can actually throw a forward pass on a consistent basis...

It’s really easy to have a great Defense in a conference that still plays 1950’s Football lol

It blows my mind that people legitimately get paid to just be unequivocally incorrect in every facet of the word

In 1 single game against Manny and his stunted to purgatory assassination of the term "defense", Michael Carter almost matched his 2022 season production of 11 games played in the NFL lol

Advertisement
Overall, he recruited well. The blue chip ratio accelerated to Shannon levels under his tenure. But that’s overall.

He had key misses in three positions that undermined the entire team by 2022 - cornerback, offensive line, and linebacker.
I will disagree he recruited bad. I called that out day one. I don't care how many blue chip or so called bc players he landed. His evals were awful and the proof is when u put them on the field and they don't look special. They look like ordinary players that can start at NC State or Minnesota or some sh. I know rankings do mean a lot but if u hovering outside the top ten u will see L's stack up on Saturdays. He set our roster back years. He got guys that were going to say yes and u didn't have to work for them. He got a few here and there but one or two won't make a difference unless they generational types.

Advertisement
Advertisement

He totally fell asleep when it came to recruiting linebackers. A lot of the hits during his tenure were offensive skill position players and I credit that more to Lashlee and Likens than Manny. For a defense head coach, his defensive recruiting was really bad.

Advertisement
Back